It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother puts teen bullying footage on Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Another bullying case

this is why kids dont like school anymore
most kids just wants to learn in peace without being attacked each day
but you really need to be low to do that to a young girl who already suffer of autism spectrum disorder

Shame on the bullies .. they are and will be the losers for ever
how can a kid turn into a bullie .. i will never understand that

The end of the video might be hard to watch for certain
but we all need to witness it so it doesnt happen anymore
teaching our own kids with respect is a must for every familly

Mother puts teen bullying footage on Facebook teen, teenage, bullying, physical, aggression, slapped, kicked, pulled, hair, bullies, footage, harassment, bus, station, Belgium, Roeselare, Kayleigh, Vandeleene

The mother of a 13-year-old school girl from Tielt (West Flanders) has posted a video on Facebook to show how her daughter is being brutally bullied by other pupils. She put the footage online to support her daughter, hoping that such incidents can be avoided in the future.

The video goes back to last Tuesday. The victim is waiting at the Roeselare bus station when a group of other pupils from her school arrive. One girl starts bullying her, with the support of her friends and with one pupil making a four-minute movie.

The victim is being told to stand up. The verbal aggression is followed by physical aggression. The girl is being slapped in the face and kicked, and is being pulled by the hair several times.

The movie was first put on YouTube by the bullies. It was removed, but the mother of the victim had a copy and put the footage online on Facebook, titled "How low can you go? Kayleigh's last school day."

"I did this to support my daughter"
The mother wanted to share the video to support her daughter and to make a statement. It worked: the film was shared over 70,000 times in a couple of days. Most viewers express their support for the victim and some have very hard comments towards the bullies. A Facebook hate group was created against the 15-year-old girl that takes the lead in the incident. She also received death threats.

The mother writes that her daughter supports her decision to put the video online. "Kayleigh wants to take an initiative to stop the bullying. We hope that nobody will be confronted with this kind of pestering in the future. (...) The support is doing us a lot of good, but we just want the bullying to stop", she told Het Laatste Nieuws. Kayleigh has an autism spectrum disorder.

I hope she have nice vacation like Karen
Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video),
edit on 6/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed your source,(never mind, I see that youtube is the source), did the victim press charges? She has all of the evidence she needs! I will be back to watch the video soon. I really dislike bullies, good find.

I hope that the bullies learned a lesson in all of this. And lucky for the victim her Mom was there to help and guide her. Too many youths are committing suicide over this ridiculous bullying.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ok..hmm..personally as a mother there is no way in hell I'd stand by and watch this, and not say a word..???

I would have chased those kids off.

What was the purpose of allowing this?..and did the kids know the mom was videotaping it ..they must have?

I don't get it, unless she needed proof of what was going to prove to authorities?

I hope its not some scam on trying to make money since the Karen Klien case.

edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yet more disgusting behavior from the Dirt of the human race, Bullys.

Oh well at least with a few death threats the stupid girl might get the idea that human beings cannot be treated in such a way

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Seems to be the new trend to post bullying videos online.
That's one way to take care of this problem, sometimes death threats take it too far though.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

The way I read it was, the bullies were taking the footage. Did I get that wrong? Because, if I did, that Mom has a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Seems to be the new trend to post bullying videos online.
That's one way to take care of this problem, sometimes death threats take it too far though.

I agree, the death threats go to far.

The only reason I can see for recording this is for proof to press charges, because it was ongoing, and the authorities could do nothing.

I can see no reason for watching my kid get slapped and kicked, and have them subjected to millions seeing their humiliation online.. unless there is a very good reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

The way I read it was, the bullies were taking the footage. Did I get that wrong? Because, if I did, that Mom has a lot of explaining to do.

Seems like it was the mother who posted it online.

The mother of a 13-year-old school girl from Tielt (West Flanders) has posted a video on Facebook to show how her daughter is being brutally bullied by other pupils. She put the footage online to support her daughter, hoping that such incidents can be avoided in the future.

Something fishy about this...what kind of support is she looking for?

Honestly , i couldn't post a video of my child being bullied, because it would feel like it was humiliating her all over again.

I would save it , and bring it to school officials and police, if that was the last resort for action to be taken, and even then, not sure I could watch my child being hit and do nothing..

edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

certainly not the mother filming this

she took the video before it was deleted from YT and posted it on Facebook

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

It quite clearly says that it was the bullies that created the video and was uploaded to the net by them, that was when the mother took a copy before the bullies video was taken down.

The movie was first put on YouTube by the bullies. It was removed, but the mother of the victim had a copy and put the footage online on Facebook, titled "How low can you go? Kayleigh's last school day."

edit on 29-6-2012 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Something about that video seems wrong. Watch how smoothly the camera moves, Notice how the subject is held center frame. It almost looks like it was filmed by a proffesional with a crap camera.

Could this be a set up?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

certainly not the mother filming this

she took the video before it was deleted from YT and posted it on Facebook

Ok..thanks..that makes much more sense.

I hope she went to police, and school officials.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would be more worried about showing the video to the police and pressing charges if it were my kid. I smell an opportunist here. Given the outcry and the payday that followed in the case of the bus monitor, I expect to see a lot more of these videos popping up.

Also, I've never tried to download a youtube video. I'm sure there's a program for that, but if someone were to simply share the video on facebook, it wouldn't work if the OP removed it.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by Doodle19815

It quite clearly says that it was the bullies that created the video and was uploaded to the net by them, that was when the mother took a copy before the bullies video was taken down.

edit on 29-6-2012 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

Yes, my bad..didn't read it all.. and jumped to conclusions..

Forty lashes with a wet noodle for me..

You can be the first in line.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Something about that video seems wrong. Watch how smoothly the camera moves, Notice how the subject is held center frame. It almost looks like it was filmed by a proffesional with a crap camera.

Could this be a set up?

mmm good theory .. i didnt though about that
since the monitor Karen is now millionaire .. it was all over CNN
where there is free money to do .. people will make crazy ideas
like all the kids are friend and made a plan with the mom
to raise a big donation like Karen have ?

Yes people are really that low to do exactly that
but the bullies had their face on the video .. no hidding
does it worth ruining your own reputation receiving many threats
for a few thousand dollars ? .. i dont know

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Probably shouldn't sit there and take it. I used to be bullied until I started speaking their language. nothing is more discouraging to a bully than a big stick. Hate to say it, but sitting there taking it day in and day out isn't going to do any good. Neither will going to "authorites" either. Give her a baseball bat and let her go to the bus stop, I guarantee it would stop after a good couple of swings.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Could this be a set up?

mmm good theory .. i didnt though about that
since the monitor Karen is now millionaire .. it was all over CNN
where there is free money to do .. people will make crazy ideas
like all the kids are friend and made a plan with the mom
to raise a big donation like Karen have ?

Yes people are really that low to do exactly that
but the bullies had their face on the video .. no hidding
does it worth ruining your own reputation receiving many threats
for a few thousand dollars ? .. i dont know

Exactly where my suspicious mind was heading, just wasnt sure how crazy it sounded. Has anyone been prosecuted?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First of all the girl on the side walk has no self confidence. To allow someone to do this to her and not even try and stand up for herself shows that. Yes the bully is to blame but to hell with someone grabbing your hair or slapping you. Stand up and stop it. Fear goes both ways. I bet if she did slap the hell out of her it might not make her stop but It will make her think twice about touching her next time. What's a few bruises compared to your dignity?

The mom needs to help build this girls confidence up.

I had a wise Sensei tell me this once:

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?
A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?

A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.

hmm..I don't see much wisdom in that .

More of the blame the victim mentality.

First of you can't always predict when someone is going to hit you, and stop it before
hand. Also if you do, you look like the aggressor.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo
reply to post by Ben81

Probably shouldn't sit there and take it. I used to be bullied until I started speaking their language. nothing is more discouraging to a bully than a big stick. Hate to say it, but sitting there taking it day in and day out isn't going to do any good. Neither will going to "authorites" either. Give her a baseball bat and let her go to the bus stop, I guarantee it would stop after a good couple of swings.

My 2 first yrs of public highschool .. it was hell

even had a knife put on my throat ..
didnt panic i just looked him in the eyes and said .. can i go home now
was living only 2 minute from the school , i was hoping they wouldnt follow me lol

yrs later i saw one of them working at the same job
we recognised each other and we friendly talked .. no bad feeling
i do forgive fast when there is no big deal
i was also taller then him now
.. but i dont think it made a difference
i had a feeling he changed so no need to bring back old demons

some bullies will someday change of bad influence their friends had on them
but others can really become criminal and hate everyone for nothing
they though being bad ass would fix all their problem
and they would become loved by all like a god ?

This is not how life works
karma will hunt you down forever until you have remorses and change to the better

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join