It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Fully Loaded F22's heading out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your right.

Nothings going on.

Oh and we dont practice with Hellfires. They cost to much. Also, we dont leave them on the acft just for the hell of it.

Ehhhhh people.......

Nothing is going on.

At all. In your neck of the woods.

Yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was unaware of Russia's intruding US airspace.. Good to know.

and as for posting strategic military movements.. If this was of any REAL importance they would have been flying at MUCH higher altitude I'm sure.. Just out of the ordinary is all, wanted to share with yalls..

I live in the outskirts of the city, the guys were close enough that I could tell they were packing heat, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Moohide

The leading theory right now is the pressure suit that they wear is what's causing the problems.

As for what they were carrying the I have never seen a picture of an F-22 with belly stores. I've seen some with the bay doors open, but that doesn't make sense that they would take off like that. However, the F-22 just went to the 3.1 standard which allows them to target multiple targets with the SDB that they carry. It's an incremental upgrade, so it's being done a few aircraft at a time. IF they were taking off with the bay doors open where you could see something, then most likely they were SDBs and they were off to the bombing range to test the upgrade.

As for the AH-64s, they live fire Hellfires every day in training. About the only things that AREN'T fired live are MOAB, and nukes. The AH-64 live fires every weapon that it can carry, as does just about every other piece of equipment the military has.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Moohide

The leading theory right now is the pressure suit that they wear is what's causing the problems.

As for what they were carrying the I have never seen a picture of an F-22 with belly stores. I've seen some with the bay doors open, but that doesn't make sense that they would take off like that. However, the F-22 just went to the 3.1 standard which allows them to target multiple targets with the SDB that they carry. It's an incremental upgrade, so it's being done a few aircraft at a time. IF they were taking off with the bay doors open where you could see something, then most likely they were SDBs and they were off to the bombing range to test the upgrade.

As for the AH-64s, they live fire Hellfires every day in training. About the only things that AREN'T fired live are MOAB, and nukes. The AH-64 live fires every weapon that it can carry, as does just about every other piece of equipment the military has.

Did not know that either.. I don't recall bay doors or anything of that nature, not saying your wrong by any means, you sounds more knowledgeable then me in this field.. But as I said, they were torpedo shaped, my first impression was bombs or just THAT, torpedos.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

It's a normal game played since the early years of the Cold War. They enter the ADIZ, we intercept them, they leave peacefully. Nothing new there.

Technically though, they didn't actually violate our airspace. The ADIZ, and US airspace aren't always the same thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Did they look something like this?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Like this?

www.youtube.com...

If they are off on a long ferry flight somewhere the external tanks would make sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Moohide

Your right.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Nobody said "Greenlight" did they?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Did they look something like this?

No, they were all dark tanks. :/ ... Darker then the color of the aircraft and fuel tanks
edit on 06/29/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The only thing they carry that look like that are fuel tanks. I BELIEVE that the Raptor can carry external tanks in the center bays, but I don't know why they would have the bays open. I've never seen one carrying anything in the centerline position because the weapons bays are there. I don't think they CAN carry things there, because it would be mounted on the bay doors, and they're not stressed for that. But the only thing dark like that would be fuel tanks. Which means they're on a ferry flight, to somewhere they can get to without a tanker being required, which means somewhere in CONUS or Alaska. They wouldn't require a tanker because there would be divert bases all over the place.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My guess is by fully loaded the OP means this...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They're most likely heading to Elmendorf AFB Alaska. There are no bases near the NW, except for up in Alaska, and flying overwater would require either a KC-10 or KC-135, and they very rarely fly in odd numbers on ferry flights overwater. But if they're heading to Elmendorf, then they can hop up there in a group and if one has to divert then they can all go in together.

They could be coming out of the depot, at Hill AFB in Utah.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i can only assume since NONE of you are practicing very good OPSEC, that none of you are military or ever have been. and if you have/are currently, maybe you should think about who you might be inadvertently telling of our military movements. just a thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

If a Sparrow farts near an AF Base there's someone on here claiming it was a fighter jet taking off to attack a Republican insurrection in Texas.

I very much doubt any foreign power would be looking at ATS for any kind of intelligence when it comes to American military movements

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
i can only assume since NONE of you are practicing very good OPSEC, that none of you are military or ever have been. and if you have/are currently, maybe you should think about who you might be inadvertently telling of our military movements. just a thought.

Sounds good but nobody is coming anywhere near violating OPSEC, the Raptors have a huge civilian fanclub and their peacetime movements are carefully scrutinized (something the USAF enjoys and encourages as they are the current showpiece).

If anyone was worried about who might be watching they would have flown out at night and no one would be the wiser (like when they suddenly showed up in UAE a few months ago
)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Dizrael

Sounds good but nobody is coming anywhere near violating OPSEC, the Raptors have a huge civilian fanclub and their peacetime movements are carefully scrutinized (something the USAF enjoys and encourages as they are the current showpiece).

If anyone was worried about who might be watching they would have flown out at night and no one would be the wiser (like when they suddenly showed up in UAE a few months ago
)

there is no "violating" OPSEC, its the military's may of saying use common sense when you talk about things like movements, numbers, payload, dates, places... one small piece of info here put together with a small piece there gives the enemy a bigger picture. when i say they arent practicing good OPSEC, i mean think about what you are saying, do other people really need to know this bit of info? if not, then why say it?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've seen a number of foreign F-22, B-2, and B-52 deployments that were announced in the news days before they left, or right after they deployed. They told where they went, in some cases why they were there, and how long they were going to be there. Internal movements are pretty much open to speculation. Announcing that 3 F-22s are flying somewhere carrying external fuel tanks isn't going to do a whole lot, considering that their bases are open source, and non-routine movements are open source, and in some cases exercises they are participating in are open source. If I think it's something that needs to be kept quiet I'll say so, but routine aircraft movements aren't something I think need to keep hushed up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
My guess is by fully loaded the OP means this...

Heh... I totally forgot the F-22 munitions were all hidden inside. Those are fuel tanks this guy is seeing. HI-larious...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Yeah, but if you don't know planes, you don't know what they are. I've known quite a few people that thought they were weapons, because they look like bombs. Best way to find out is to ask people that know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join