It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Death since Obama Care ruling ? What next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It is my contention that 59 year old Charles Ohara
of Cedar Park Texas will be found to be
so incensed by the Supreme Court Ruling
that he ended up dead. Shot by Police
in his front yard.

This is pure speculation and the police as of 5pm CST 6-29-12
have not released any more information than his name.
We know why they were called and how many times he was shot.(5)
but not much more.

This is an extremely speculative prediction that I believe will bear fruit.
And I believe it speaks to political madness if indeed this is why he was upset.

Here's a link to the story.
www.kxan.com...

Basically all we know is Thursday,Ohara's mother, who also lives at the residence called
Cedar Park Police because she was scared because her Son Charles smashed a TV.
Then Police say he answered the door armed and fired at police.
We will see...or not, maybe they'll never know for sure.

any craziness you'd like share
related to the ruling as well?
edit on 29-6-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2012 by sealing because: sp

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Originally posted by sealing
any craziness you'd like share related to the ruling as well?

Yes, an inordinate number of threads have appeared, linking the Supreme Court ruling to the most insane and unrelated incidents to further a political agenda. That's craziness related to the ruling, no?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh yeah, that most certainly counts.
And this could be another useless thread,
But we don't know yet if it's because of the Supreme Court ruling.
And I want to say that I certainly don't mean to make light of this case.
In fact, it's in a neighborhood I could walk to, so
I'm interested just how this ends.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I imagine there will be deaths related to the violence that escalates when two people disagree on whether it's right or wrong. Two drunk people arguing over it and one goes overboard by pulling a knife or using his fists to beat the other person to death. This Obamacare ruling is a hot button issue. Just check the other threads to see the name calling and mudslinging!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

What is so extremely moronic on your thread is....Obama care hasnt even gone into effect yet. SO anyone who is dieing, ( probably due to some desease or something, sorry for the persons death) is dieing under the pre existing health care system. So if one is grieving and feels the need to point a political finger, point it back decades and decades cause it is no thing to do with Obama care.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

O and I forgot, I moved here to Texas 5 years ago, let me tell you these are some of the most ignorant republicans you will ever encounter, backwoods arrogant people, for this I point the finger at republican ignorance being poluted with hick arrogance.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by sealing

What is so extremely moronic on your thread is....Obama care hasnt even gone into effect yet. SO anyone who is dieing, ( probably due to some desease or something, sorry for the persons death) is dieing under the pre existing health care system. So if one is grieving and feels the need to point a political finger, point it back decades and decades cause it is no thing to do with Obama care.

I agree with you Ibndhr.
Signed,
Op of moronic thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Not everyone from Texas thinks the same way. Just like Im sure not everyone from say New York or California think exactly the same because they all reside in the same state. Your post shows your ignorance of people, and it would be nice not lump everyone into a stereotype.
edit on 30-6-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Any way....
Obamacare is not effective yet. This person was obviously a ticking time bomb ready to go off. It isnt even confirmed what it was about, and if it is over Obamacare, he was already unstable Im sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I am curious to know why you think it is related to the ruling on "Obamacare". The article suggests that police were called to the house because of an apparent domestic disturbance...

a woman inside the man's home called 911 to report a domestic disturbance. Police said Ohara's mother told the call-taker that her son was causing trouble in their home. He had smashed a television, the woman said.

The woman then left the house, telling the dispatcher that she was afraid of her son, police said.

The article also says that shots were exchanged which suggests he had a gun and was shooting at the police...

While I am sad to hear that he was killed, with all due respect, it sounds like a grown man with anger issues, got out of control...

Is there anything you can offer to suggest why you are speculating a correlation between this and the "Obamacare" ruling?

With all due respect...I am just not getting the connection you are trying to make. It's a bit of a stretch...Don't you think?
edit on 30-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back. He realized he was going to have to pay up or be taxed. He has probably dealt with the IRS before, and it was just too much to bear.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sealing

O and I forgot, I moved here to Texas 5 years ago, let me tell you these are some of the most ignorant republicans you will ever encounter, backwoods arrogant people, for this I point the finger at republican ignorance being poluted with hick arrogance.

There are quite a few republicans in Texas...But believe it or not, Texas also has it's Democrats and liberals too.

All we have to go by at this point, is the article, which suggests he was out of control, scared his own mother and then exchanged bullets with cops...

I am just having trouble pointing fingers at anyone but him, at this point...

But, that is just me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah sadly Gimmetruth, it's pure speculation on my part.
It's me taking into account my neighborhood, the hatred for Obama
from my neighbors, the event happening yesterday after the ruling
and the television being smashed.
It's me going with a gut feeling, but I tried to be as up front as possible
about how this was me jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by sealing

I totally agree with you. I was born and raised in Texas and still own the family farm there but I couldn't wait to move to a more tolerant environment as soon as I reached legal age. I still need to go back to Texas occasionally on business and from my observations; Texas has become even more racist and intolerant than when I was in school some years ago. Even my family considers it a point of pride to hate minorities, gays or anyone different than they are. There are a few pockets of thinking people in some of the larger metropolitan areas but they are few and far between.

I'm afraid that incidences like these involving Mr. Charles Ohara will only intensify as the elections draw near.
Especially in Texas.

Onward thru the fog....

edit on 30-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Fair enough. Either way I am sorry to hear about what happened. Warm wishes to your family

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sealing

Texas does have it's fair share of republicans, bigots and other such things...Just like you can find most anywhere else...

But for what it is worth... We aren't all like that...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thats right Gimmie! Dont group people together that you dont know. Remember Texas is a very large state and almost every section has a different set of people, races, ideas, cultures and traditions. I would be wrong of me to say, well I met a group of people from Washington state. They all wore pink socks, so all the people in Washington wear pink socks and hate white socks. lol.

new topics

top topics

join