It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Evenly Divided on Obamacare decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can we stop the lies now that everyone is opposed to Obamacare since it's been debunked?

Americans are evenly divided, 46 percent to 46 percent, on whether they support the Supreme Court's decision to uphold President Barack Obama's health care reform on Thursday, according to a new Gallup poll. Nearly 80 percent of Democrats agree with the court, compared to 45 percent of independents and only 13 percent of Republicans.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

F&S just for telling the truth! It's kinda refreshing to see someone here on ATS do that every now and then, thanks.

ATS of late has become a soap box for a very vocal minority who seems to think that the louder and more often they repeat a lie, the more likely it is to become truth. IMO, they are destroying this site and I can only hope they are reduced to a low whimper once the election is over. But more than likely, the "birther" genes in their DNA won't allow that to happen either.

The people do indeed like the provisions of the Affordable Care Act. It's being forced to purchase insurance through a for-profit private insurance carrier that they don't like. Once the Act is modified to provide for a non-profit option, I'm confident there will be overwhelming approval among Americans.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah, i'll believe that when my S$#% turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow shocker 50 percent of the population is jobless and poor depending on entitlements from our government..and they support more government!?!.

DUH...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KibbleChild
Yeah, i'll believe that when my S$#% turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

Is that a preexisting condition? I hope you have coverage for that.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Are people actually more healthy when they have health insurance?

I think this is an important question that no one is discussing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KibbleChild

Why...because it doesn't confirm your own personal beliefs???

Would you believe the poll if it said 90% disagreed with it???

Confirmation bias...look it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The Healthcare law has always been evenly divided.

The only time it changed is when there was a huge disinformation campaign from Republicans to say the mandate is Unconstitutional.

Now that people have seen that they were full of crap...it is back to being evenly split....which means it is a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"ObamaCare" is awful and I in no way agree with the law. I had hoped for the Supreme Court to find the individual mandate to be unconstitutional, yet they did not. My objection does not stem from any ridiculous belief that the only people who may want government intervention in health care are all welfare dependents looking for a "hand out". It also does not derive from some belief that government has no right, either legally or philosophically, to intervene in our health care. Instead I oppose this health care "reform" because it sold us out to the insurance companies. Instead of mandating corporate health insurance President Obama should have pursued a system similar to that of Canada.

If you ask me the United States should be looking to Canada for a lot of potential reforms; especially in our financial and banking sectors.

new topics

top topics

join