It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a disease

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Rustami

Have you noticed though too how Jesus, and John the Baptist also (his first cousin and the reincarnation of Elijah), had them all checkmated, all the way down the line, even from the very inception of his ministry?

"John the Baptist" by Leonardo daVinci

Awesome!

edit on 4-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

daVinci did have a habbit of making all his male paintings very feminine

edit on 4-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yup wish I could meet him....hmmm great thread idea

edit on 4-7-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

so you have no problem believing what someone wrote in a book about say medical conditions or fictional whatver just what other men wrote in a book about Jesus and someone knowing it's a fact?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ah 'cmon. He does look pretty feminine!

Also, what's up with da Vinci portraying the saints with long hair, when Paul said long hair is shameful of a man, and Michelangelo portraying King David uncircumcised?

Rebellious much?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world."
~ John 1:29

Sure had a lot of insight about Jesus, someone who he knew was coming, even when he would arrive..

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
~ Mathew 3:11

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

so you have no problem believing what someone wrote in a book about say medical conditions or fictional whatver just what other men wrote in a book about Jesus and someone knowing it's a fact?

I would certainly have problems believing a medical book written 2000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Yup wish I could meet him....hmmm great thread idea

Meet who? DaVinci, John the Baptist or the actual historical person of Jesus?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Davinci he did so much for modern science and I would ask him why Mona is smiling

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Quick question: Do you think that Siddhartha Gautama aka Buddha was a real person?

Perhaps I ought to have addressed that to Cogito, Ergo Sum instead as I'm not sure what you've indicated regarding the historical authenticity of the person of Jesus (however he was born, died, resurrected, etc.).

Point being that no one questions the fact that Buddha lived, and yet that was 500BC (approx) and there's by far less supporting historical evidence and documentation surrounding that individual.

Edit to add: Stay tuned for my upcoming thread to be titled "The Woman at the Well: How the Historical Jesus Performed a 'Miracle'" coming soon.. and then you'll begin to see what the gospels contain by inference, and even a little deception and cloaking, a textual criticism of which brings the historical person and character, even the thinking of actual man Jesus, to light.

edit on 4-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

thanks for reminding me of what I consider an important detail - He spoke at the exact moment I began to open a Gideon New Testament, which I think was "written" in the 80's?? based on...we all know this debate right?

I recommend it

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment
Hebrews9

edit on 4-7-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

thanks for reminding me of what I consider an important detail - He spoke at the exact moment I began to open a Gideon New Testament,

I too had an incredible supernatural encounter as a non-Christian at the exact instant when I opened a huge white Bible sitting on a table in my parents house.

I was so profoundly affected by it that I thought I needed to go out and buy a Bible exactly like the one I just looked at.

I had no idea at the time that all Bibles were basically the same, I just thought that this one was somehow had miraculous capabilities.

Unlike your experience, I heard no voices, not even in my head.

I was given instantaneous knowledge that the book I was looking at was written by GOD. I KNEW this.

The reason this was so supernatural was because not only was I NOT a believer, I knew absolutely NOTHING about what the Bible was. I was raised as a total heathen.

This was the first miracle of many that I experienced over the years.

edit on 4-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So you forgot about this detail? Seems to me it is a pretty big detail to forget...Iam out.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
I too had an incredible supernatural encounter as a non-Christian at the exact instant when I opened a huge white Bible sitting on a table in my parents house.

I was so profoundly affected by it that I thought I needed to go out and buy a Bible exactly like the one I just looked at.

I had no idea at the time that all Bibles were basically the same, I just thought that this one was somehow had miraculous capabilities.

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Heavens to Murgatroyd!

EXACTLY!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

very interesting and thanks for sharing, love to read folks comments in general as entertainment but supernatural happenings more so

ha, have to admit there was a time I looked into everything about the color green and Gideons and not ashamed to admit I ended up getting another just because though could'nt tell you where its at

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I never could fathom why one who was so good and loving etc would burn in Hell for the lack of accepting a deity as their personal savior. "Ah you did so good in your life time, you selfless loving soul. But yeah. You didn't believe in me so off to Hell you go. Toodles." Just not right. It's kind of disturbing

Because unless you're covered by Messiah's blood, you're still under judgement of YHWH's wrath. You should know that if you ever paid attention in Church. Yeshua paid the debt as Passover Lamb but if you don't accept the blood you go down into sheol, the abode of the dead which is death and the grave.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've got to wonder about experiences where people confirm their deities. This is because I know people with ancient Egyptian leanings who have met the relevant gods, Anubis being very popular. A very busy god that one, in certain circles. I know those with theosophical leanings who know the reality of Kuthumi. Others who not only know that Hercules exists, but taken upon themselves his "12 labors". Certain Buddhists who don't experience deities as much as the illuminated void. Gnostics who have experience with Judas, who they see as divine.....and so the list goes on.............

Among this long list are Christians who have met or experienced Christ himself. (another very busy god). He has even told some that for being such good Christians, aliens are going to take their little group to Ganymede to escape the Apocalypse. Apparently some have already been on the alien craft.

Others who go a little further and profess to actually be some mythical figure from the bible or other religious texts. Some who claim to be aliens. Their “mystical” experience tells them so.

To pass them off as knowing charlatans would be inaccurate IMO. From what I have seen, these people have often had profound experience which causes them to believe fervently and are usually being honest. Not necessarily nutters either, many are otherwise nice, normal and intelligent people.

Perhaps they are all right? One thing they all seem to have in common is the ability to pass off all claims that are odds with their own, as delusion. While never submitting to such a possibility regarding themselves. Human nature at work again. It is well known in cults that with a little subtle manipulation, a certain percentage will always have experience to directly match the "truth" of just about any deity/doctrine. No matter how ridiculous. It isn't as difficult or uncommon as it might appear, "mystical experiences" of god/s isn't that difficult for many people. Whether they are real or not, being another matter entirely. Throw in some "meaningful coincidence" and the sky is the limit.

The mind is a complicated thing, who knows what goes on below the surface? Even in those who profess no belief before such experience, perhaps there has been more happening psychologically than they are consciously aware of.

The most obvious explanation for such things is that they are a very convincing, yet illusory product of the mind. A fascinating subject, I have experience myself which leaves me open to possibilities in some ways. Yet to simply accept them as reality, without at least being open to other possibilities, doesn't always seem wise. One of the most common ailments known to mankind is that of “religious delusion”.

I will await the mentioned thread topic which claims to verify Christ's existence. Not so much because I think this will happen (though you never know), more to see what believers will accept as proof. Which from what I have seen in the past, often amounts to just about anything.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Because unless you're covered by Messiah's blood, you're still under judgement of YHWH's wrath. You should know that if you ever paid attention in Church. Yeshua paid the debt as Passover Lamb but if you don't accept the blood you go down into sheol, the abode of the dead which is death and the grave.

The idea that deities such as Christ pick and choose only certain people to help, while much of the world (simply through accident of birth) lives in the most wretched of circumstances, is obscene. That they could help but don't, only reinforces Epicurus observations.

Did you or anyone else ask this fool to martyr himself? Has it ever ocurred to you that, being god, he had the power to forgive in some intelligent way, without the necessity of such a vile thing, which he then uses as a form of emotional blackmail? Or that if he really wanted someone to blame, perhaps he needn't look any further than himself? ?Have you ever wondered whether this god possesses the most basic of morals, let alone any semblance of intelligence? It seems unlikely.

That a god needs anyone to prostrate themselves or submit to ridiculous rituals and beliefs before he will avail himself to clutching them away from everlasting torment, is insanity itself. There is something more than a little wrong with this version of the myth. This god is insane.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

It is clear how much you hate Jesus Christ God in the Flesh.

How you could call him names when he died for you is beyond selfish.

Psalm 53:1 says:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

It is clear how much you hate Jesus Christ God in the Flesh.

How you could call him names when he died for you is beyond selfish.

Psalm 53:1 says:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

He didn't die for anyone. It would be difficult to hate something that didn't exist. Though it isn't difficult to dislike this primitive myth, it's a very unhealthy one that turns people into religious extremists.

There is no point in quoting archaic nonsense, it is no more than witch doctory.

I am not saying, nor have I ever said, there is no god. I don't know this, therefore I am not an atheist. It is the nonsensical religious version of god as a mentally ill cretin, based on obvious lies, that doesn't exist. Religion never seeks to find truth, it has always sought to prevent this search and still does. It is a form of psychological manipulation, mind control used to to subjugate.

Think for yourself, break free.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join