It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a disease

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

The thing that got me thinking when I was a kid being raised in the CoE is heaven and hell and if my son was bad but I was good my son would goto Hell but what sort of God would separate a father and child?
Wouldn't heaven have my son there? if not it would not be heaven and wouldn't it be Hell knowing that my son is in Hell?
edit on 4-7-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

There's a historical Jesus, and he was well aware of the role he was playing. You're mistaken, as is the maker of Zeitgiest.

It's amuzing how people seek to erase the historical person of Jesus, when even a cursory textual criticism of the gospels, let alone Paul's letters (who was contemporary to Peter a desciple) shows that there was a man named Jesus who taught, performed works even miracles, and who was crucified under Pontias Pilate.

In the coming days I'll be working up a new thread which will all but prove the existence of the historical Jesus via a historical textual criticism of the passage of scripture known as "The Woman at the Well". In it, as much as by what is said and written of, as what isn't, we'll get a look into the sheer cunning, and the humor and charm of Jesus the actual man and we'll even show precisely how he performed a "miracle" in this case one of apparent mind-reading.

edit on 4-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

In all honesty, I say this not to hurt feelings. I doubt Christ ever existed and feel the world would be better of without organised religion. Yet I don't deny there is some beauty in certain verse, not just biblical either. What a shame when we look at where it leads, often to blind faith and ignorance IMO. I see religion and spirituality as opposites.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum
I see religion and spirituality as opposites.

This is incredible TRUTH...

You just quoted part of my sig in fact!

Yet at the same time you have been SO horribly DECEIVED...

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Actually, although I obviously have little time for organised religion and would go to hell gladly rather than submit to any of their tyrants including Christ,

How sad and horribly ironic...

The "God" of this world, Satan is the worse tyrant in HISTORY!

He welcomes them to hell

Satan's kingdom is a kingdom of SLAVERY.
He makes all his subjects—slaves. The sinner is
held captive under the grim tyranny of the devil!

Satan is a tyrant—and a worse tyrant than any
other! Other tyrants do but rule over the body:
but Satan rules over the soul! He rides his
captives—as we ride upon horses.

Other tyrants have some pity on their slaves.
Though they make them work in the galleys;
yet they give them food, and let them have
their hours for rest. But Satan is a merciless
tyrant—who gives his slaves poison instead of
food, and hurtful lusts to feed on! 1 Tim 6:9.

Nor will he let his slaves have any rest—he
wearies them out to do his drudgery.

"They weary themselves to commit iniquity." Jer 9:5.

When men have served him to their utmost
strength—he welcomes them to hell with fire
and brimstone! Thus he is the worst of tyrants.

Men are willing slaves to Satan! They will fight
and die for him! Therefore he is not only called
"the prince of this world," but "the god of this
world" (2 Cor 4:4), to show what power he has
over men's souls.

He welcomes them to hell

edit on 4-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I agree with you about organized religion and what it's done over the years that's hurtful and not helpful, and believe me I've looked into it, and it's ugly, in part because of the strong duality often fostered by the notions of pure and absolute good vs. evil, of powers and principalities both of this world, and not, of issues of power and authority, of rebellion against authority, condemnation, forced conversion, threats of hell, etc etc. there may even be some who outwardly profess Jesus Christ while worshipping his opposite and demonizing him for claiming to be one with God. Shadow governments and military-industrial apparatus' are historically founded by Jesuit orders like the SMOM (Sovereign Military Order of Malta) and these orgs they play both sides of the fence against the middle to divide and conquor. Luciferianism and demonology run rampant through some of these institutions and others that are spawned in retaliation and rebellion against the "absolute infallible authority" of the RCC. Jesuit universities abound, teaching snake-oil salesmen like Bill Clinton and others like him how to play the game. Even Lady Gaga and others attribute their creative genius to their early Catholic mentors. The whole damn thing is a writhing pit of snakes, deception, and a type of social darwinism. Even someone who's wanting to authentically approach God without separation via the intercessory grace of Jesus Christ has all this crapolla in the way, even bloodsuckers who've set up a structure for gathering in and harnessing the spiritual energy, for what or whom only God knows..

It's probably way worse than you even think.

An illustration

However, that said.. an encounter with the living historical Jesus will have you slapping your knees with laughter and joy, and that he gets the last laugh at the devil's expense (see above) makes him all the more enjoyable as a singular focal point of good-willed, good-natured humor combined with an unparalleled genius.

So don't shoot down Jesus the man, just the institutionalized religion erected in his name which is already fast falling, while the conversation about Jesus goes on, and it gets better and better as we go and the closer we get to the real deal.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes, very ironic indeed. Satan would be pleased at this type of backlash against orginized religion, so that people flee from Christ the liberator while calling him a "tyrant", how absurd and ironic.

"Our liberation is God's compulsion."
~ C.S. Lewis

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I agree with you about organized religion and what it's done over the years that's hurtful and not helpful,

However, that said.. an encounter with the living historical Jesus will have you slapping your knees with laughter and joy,

So don't shoot down Jesus the man, just the institutionalized religion erected in his name...

Well said...

WHY is it that so FEW can see this and learn to discern the vast difference between TRUTH and organized religion?

The only thing that gives me hope is that God is completely overriding our "common sense" and taking back what belongs to Him as this video shows:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What gives me hope is that the conversation continues, with or without organized religion, and from what I've been able to gather, even the synoptic gospels have much much more to reveal, where "there is nothing now hidden that will not be made known and brought to light."

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Rustami

Wow just because you heard voices it doesn't mean he was 100% real nor does it mean he 100% raised from the dead.

oh yes it was 100% real and yes an invisible man speaking in an audible voice in reality does assure one that they were 100% raised and eternal

you may want to read again what Paul heard before He stopped scheming/persecuting or approving the arrest/murder of His people

If anything it is your inner self or conscious talking to you or you were on some drugs or just a bit crazy at the time.

hmm,

for they said, He is beside himself. -Mark3

I think its logical to conclude that purposefully attempting to decieve or lie about a being called the immortal King, High Priest, the One, etc. would definately not be sane

Don't claim anything is 100% fact when it clearly is not, it is just your opinion.

it's a 100% fact and no where near an opinion, however my opinion before that night somewhat resembled yours -which was clearly not the truth

I suggest a study in the odds and the clear case presented in just chapter 5 of John alone
edit on 4-7-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Just because you believe it all it doesn't mean it is 100% fact what part of that do you not understand?
There are many Religions and all the people say the same as you, that they are 100% right...but you can not all be can you.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Rustami

Just because you believe it all it doesn't mean it is 100% fact what part of that do you not understand?
There are many Religions and all the people say the same as you, that they are 100% right...but you can not all be can you.

You have just showed the perfect illustration that explains WHY religion was created in the first place.

Religion is one big LIE all designed with ONE purpose: to keep you away from the real TRUTH.

You will NEVER understand truth until you understand LIES.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Blimey Barton Fink gave me a right scare when I was reading your post.

I think you are right but some religions are more controlling than others.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"Religion is a defense against having an authentic spiritual experience."
~ Carl Jung (another comedian!)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

when someone speaks to you, is it your opinion they did -or fact?

I'm not talking about religion or what I think is the best definition of what that word means but what I've heard from a mans voice that said "I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish"

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

But if someone who is not there speaks to me first thing I would do is go and see a doctor, I have worked with poorly people who "hears voices" they think it is God etc but really it is just a chemical imbalance in the brain I also have a good pal who hears voices but he has his own coping mechanisms to be able to cope with them.
Like I said just because you believe it, it doesn't mean it really happened.

Also you have heard that thing you claim to have heard before, we all have, so inside your brain for some reason decided to make that audible doesn't mean it really was Jesus plus the fact you was under stress at the time so your sub conscious did something to make you better IE: say nice things.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

have you ever noticed the lies/slander/accusations towards Jesus by so called professionals or officials even the "religious" before restraining or coming up with some sly way to arrest Him before finally being murdered?

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.-Matthew3

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John17

again-

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live-John5

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

have you ever noticed the lies/slander/accusations towards Jesus by so called professionals or officials even the "religious" before restraining or coming up with some sly way to arrest Him before finally being murdered ?

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.-Matthew3

Oh here we go instead of having a discussion you just quote scripture. Once again all that you have written and everything in the Bible has allegedly happened, it is not 100% fact otherwise if it was fact there would only be one Religion.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Have you noticed though too how Jesus, and John the Baptist also (his first cousin and the reincarnation of Elijah), had them all checkmated, all the way down the line, even from the very inception of his ministry?

"John the Baptist" by Leonardo daVinci

Awesome!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Great painting but is it me or is that a lady?

Oh and what do you mean checkmated?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A lady? I thought you were a boymonkey..

Checkmated: Every single move and counter-move anticipated and countered all the way through to the "end game" AND beyond..

More insights from the genius daVinci (what did he really know?)

Zoom+Scroll Leonardo da Vinci's Blasphemous Joke "The Last Supper" in High Res

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join