It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a disease

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Oh he existed and the Gospels are more accurate, than not, but they leave a TON of information out, and although they mask over what's left, to a degree, with myth and allegory, he's there and he his character and intelligence that shines right through, you can't miss him and what he did and why if you look into it honestly. That said, as an unconditional act of supreme love willing to go the distance, it is bestowed upon you, and everyone for that matter, whether you believe in him or not, the only difference being the capacity of an individual to recieve such a gift - now that's when the joke starts to kick in to full gear, with one's own sense of humor and charm, and bright eternal optimism, fully restored as we become like little children, with the remainder of the summer holidays stretched before us, to play and explore and enjoy. The kingdom life Jesus gives is awesome, I'm not saying we're in it all the time mind you, us Jesus freaks, but it's there and we KNOW it. It is the knowledge of experience and that it's very humorous, in a very loving and playful way, is just an added bonus.

To me, as a Christian, I was initially hurt by your comment, until I burst out laughing at the absurdity of my own reaction, when from my POV I've already won the lottery and am just starting to learn how to spend the money.

Christ needn't be encountered in bearded form. The benefit of what he's done for us, is accessible to us, in the domain as much of experience, as simple or blind faith. But you either recieve it (the gift) and start loving back and getting and receving and giving from an inexhaustible supply, or you don't, but your leaving it on the table doesn't make the whole thing go away, and that's why I get the last laugh, not not at your expense, consider it an invitational type of laughter, for a party and a celebration of the ages, as we finally get to open the gift that Jesus was presenting to us, only to discover to our utter dismay, that it's our true self as we really are and were always meant to be, something lost but now found.

"The kingdom of heaven is like a wealthy merchant in search of a prescious pearl, who, after much searching FINDS IT and in finding it, he immediately goes off and sells everything he owns, just to have that pearl."

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 6-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: never mind. nothing to see or "grok" here, move along... : |

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
God was created in Man's image

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join