It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandparents fined for having kiddy pool in front yard!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Over a 50 year old ordinance, this couple was fined $375 dollars! The judge threw it out, but told them NOT to put the pool back up?????

The following report shows that, it is okay for people to have a pool in their BACK yard, but God forbid, it is in their front yard!

WTH has happened in this country?

Kiddy pools banned!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The problem is with the neighbors as well. Because most of the time, the city enforcers who write the citations are overwhelmed and only give fines when prompted by nosy neighbors. That's what I hate. You can't even do anything anymore because you don't know what neighbors are going to infom on you about.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jawnaw2000

The problem is with the neighbors as well. Because most of the time, the city enforcers who write the citations are overwhelmed and only give fines when prompted by nosy neighbors. That's what I hate. You can't even do anything anymore because you don't know what neighbors are going to infom on you about.

Yea, God forbid you have to listen to some children having fun in a swimming pool! Grant you, this isn't a big deal, with all of the other crazy nonsense going on in the world, but it sure as hell is a fine example of how Big Brother is putting it's foot on our necks!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. People would laugh over here if they got told they couldn't have a pool in their own front garden.. or grow food in their own garden..

STUPIDITY.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wish people would learn to grow a backbone and say no to the nosy whining neighbors instead of bending over backwards to make them happy. You can never make these kinds of people happy, theuy exist only to make trouble for you.

We should just shewt 'em full of holes so they'll be like Swiss cheese.

Ah well, one can dream.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

This is stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. People would laugh over here if they got told they couldn't have a pool in their own front garden.. or grow food in their own garden..

STUPIDITY

Not sure where you are from my friend, but I agree with you 100%!! I live in PA, and not sure where Clifton Heights is located. I am sure it must be towards Philly, since I live on the other side of the state.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

The following report shows that, it is okay for people to have a pool in their BACK yard, but God forbid, it is in their front yard!

How many threads do we need overreacting to local zoning ordinances?

Yes, they are often silly, out-dated, and draconian.

No, they are not new.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

STUPIDITY.

England has local zoning laws, too. Nothing new.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

They voted for the people that made and/or enforced those laws. They probably pay dues into a home owners association. They probably cheer when their neighbors get fined for something they don't like. Its all great until it happens to YOU!

This is precisely the reason people should stop giving power to their governments to do things on their behalf, because every time we give them a little power, we also lose a little. This is precisely the reason people should be informed before they vote, or not vote at all. Voting for the guy that's been there for years without knowing anything about him, or voting for the guy the news seems to like the most is suicide.

People will vote for Romney, and people will beg for the government to protect them, but then they will cry when the TSA molests them, or their taxes go up, or their siding is the wrong color, or their kiddie pool has to come down.

I'm all out of Empathy. Screw em all. Move out of the neighborhood, move out of the town, stop paying taxes, stop voting for losers, stop being a victim.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

No, they are not new

I didn't say they were new! But does that make it right??? Ya'll sit back and watch your freedom being taken away and all you have to say is, "It's nothing new!"?

No wonder our country is totally screwed and circling the bottom of the toilet!

Hey! I guess as long as you have your cable tv and cell phones, all is good????

I guess ya'll might be a lot younger than I am and forget how Hitler took over Germany.......................sigh

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

STUPIDITY.

It is really not stupid.

Toddlers can drown in 3 inches of water. Not every person is responsible for emptying and putting away a kiddy pool when they are not using it.

It is possible for a neighbor child to wander into the yard and drown.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh come on! You really can't be serious about using that "OH WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" crap load?

You won't let a person have a pool in their front yard in order to protect the children?

GOOD GOD MAN!

How far will this go?

Screw that crap.

One of these day it will backfire on you and you'll find you liberties more and more restricted in order to protect the children.

In fact, some day they just might want to ban atheism in order to protect the children.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

Oh come on! You really can't be serious about using that "OH WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" crap load?

You won't let a person have a pool in their front yard in order to protect the children?

I am absolutely serious. I am raising my grandson who is now 4.

I empty and put away his kiddie pool every time he is not using it. Not every person does this.

We went for a walk - - and he ran right into someone's front yard who did not put their pull away - - and got in it.

SO YES! IT DOES ABSOLUTELY CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION.

BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Then you should teach your kid to not go into another person's yard and respect their property.

And the dangerous situation is avoided.

it's called personal responsibility.

Take responsibility for your own actions first and don't worry about somebody else's.

Or let me guess, you're the kind of person that says kids can do no wrong and go absolutely anywhere they want to?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Nothing happened to this country, it is a 50 year old ordinance.

and ATSers really need to figure out the difference between levels of government, this isn't even a county or state law, it is a borough ordinance.

I hate those pools because people think that since it came out of a box, that it doesn't have to meet pool requirements, and they don't fence them in, making them dangerous.

Pools bring down property values, and they look worse in the front yard, especially the cheap boxed ones, most likely the reason for the ordinance being passed.

Much ado about nothing. Not everyone is entitled to have a pool. They will have to get a pool membership like the rest of us.

And don't worry, it happens to millionaires too. They would buy property and expect to put a pool in later and their land setup and ordinances don't allow it. I used to see it all the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by stanguilles7

No, they are not new

I didn't say they were new! But does that make it right??? Ya'll sit back and watch your freedom being taken away and all you have to say is, "It's nothing new!"?

No wonder our country is totally screwed and circling the bottom of the toilet!

Hey! I guess as long as you have your cable tv and cell phones, all is good????

I guess ya'll might be a lot younger than I am and forget how Hitler took over Germany.......................sigh

Thank you!
THis is EXACTLY the sort of emotional, reactionary hyperbole i am referring to.

"Taking our freedoms away'? These are local zoning laws. Yes, they are often stupid, but they are legal. Communities have rules. Only children think any kind of rules are akin to slavery. Dont like the zoning rules in your neighborhood? Then work to change them. You also have that right, but it will be MUCH harder than whining online about imaginary freedoms being taken away.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I you think this is an example of them 'taking away our freedoms', then you must think stoplights and traffic signals are like gassing the jews.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I you think this is an example of them 'taking away our freedoms', then you must think stoplights and traffic signals are like gassing the jews.

There are no freedoms left to take. Name a single thing not regulated by the government in some way. I bet you can't. Try to name something. It's a dare. You cannot have a bowel movement without being in restroom connected to a sewer or septic system that is subject to periodic licensing and inspections. I bet you can't name a single incidence of "freedom."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by stanguilles7

There are no freedoms left to take. Name a single thing not regulated by the government in some way. I bet you can't. Try to name something. It's a dare. You cannot have a bowel movement without being in restroom connected to a sewer or septic system that is subject to periodic licensing and inspections. I bet you can't name a single incidence of "freedom."

I believe we are in agreement. "Freedom" has become a very empty word. We live in a crowded, complicated culture. I'm not a fan of ridiculous over-regulation, but I'm not going to pretend that my 'freedoms' are violated by local zoning ordinances.

This is just one of those things that the hysterical-types like to trump up to pretend like they live in nazi germany. Oh, the oppression! A local oridnace saying you cant have an ugly pool in your front yard! It's just like NAzi Germany!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Then you should teach your kid to not go into another person's yard and respect their property.

Oh yeah - - make sure that 2 year old understands respect for other people's property - - - that has a brightly colored kiddie pool.

And that does what for the kid that sneaks out when mommy (or gramma) is busy putting clothes in the washer?

No matter how careful you are - - - if a kid wants to sneak out - - - he is going to sneak out.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join