It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Devises EMP Cruise Missile.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Bedlam

Russian devices were not explosive driven.Electrical in nature.

FCGs are electrical in nature. Just powered by explosives.

edit to add: Debka is interesting, but it's sort of a Mossad mouthpiece. I'm not sure I trust anything they say, unless it can be verified elsewhere.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ranets-E was a truck based system in 1995 of megawatt nature.What you are refering to about champs (boeing ) is similiar to Ranets.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ogonak journal did mention terrawatt class hpm devices capable of continous mode operations in existence in the 80's on mobile trailers in USSR. AESA would be capable of kilowatts or megawatts at most,its good for anti-air missiles ,but useless against ICBM's.

edit on 3-7-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

FCG is not a narrowband HPM device.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Ogonak journal did mention terrawatt class hpm devices capable of continous mode operations in existence in the 80's on mobile trailers. AESA would be capable of kilowatts or megawatts at most,its good for anti-air missiles ,but useless against ICBM's.

The subject of the thread isn't about ICBMs, though, so ground based terawatt HPMs are a bit out of context.

This one's more about CHAMP, with a side-order of LRLAP, so AESA class emitters are more the topic than big chunky-ass gyrotrons or FELs.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

FCG is not a narrowband HPM device.

I never said it was. FCGs are generally used to power one-shot broadband stuff. Like I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If you read the source, its not an EMP. Its a microwave emitter. EMP means electro magnetic pulse.

CHAMP is basically a missile containing a microwave emitter that’s powerful enough to scramble electronic systems that it is aimed at. The ultimate goal of the program is to test the feasibility of installing the system — which would fire off microwave beams of various intensity at specific targets — on a larger vehicle. Or, as CHAMP-maker (ha!) Boeing dramatically says, this test “sets the stage for a new breed of nonlethal but highly effective weapon systems.”

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i'd like to see their opposite number get them and bring those disgusting drones down. that would even up the score a bit and save many innocent lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
The USAF is developing a new system to disable electrical systems by the use of a directed EMP in a cruise missile.:
defensetech.org...
This would be an effective method that could black out an area for an easier penetration of combat forces.I wonder if they will use it in drones as well?
OP, I am surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

Frank Miller predicted in his graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" that Russia would detonate a nuclear device in high altitude over the USA, over an island territory conflict as we are seeing with Japan, China, and Russia (Senkaku and Kurils!!); his island was called Corto Maltese, the heart of gold.

EBOMBs are among the worst weapons in terms of hurting civilians. They are designed solely to damage infrastructure. Anything unshielded against nuclear attack can and will fry, given the right charge.

This means schools. grocers, hospitals, you name it, the bank -- everything you know, wiped clean in a split second. No split atoms required. Total war.

As an AIR FORCE VETERAN, I SAY "NO EBOMB" FOR OFFENSIVE USE --
WHO MAKES SURE our Air Force isn't a destructive force against civilians?

Who will speak out?

edit on 24-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

P.S. a semi EBOMB resistant safe, according to other internet dwellers, is a microwave with the cord removed.

Any film, cameras, disks, computers, phones, radios, will have to be in a nuclear hardened safe (or microwave!) or it will fry. Your car's computer will fry. The gas pump circuitry may fry too, and God help us then.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I guess this was tested two months ago, but a news article about it is just now making the rounds
:
vr-zone.com...

enjoy

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Ok, I get everything except the cars. I mean, a car is basically a Faraday cage on wheels as is. In addition, most car's computers are encased in metal, and even all but the highest end window tint has metal in the film. I've read that most cars would probably be unaffected unless they were at the epicenter of an employees strike or took a direct hit from a microwave device. This has somewhat been tested as police departments have experimented with several devices, and none really worked well. The only ones successful were a pad that fired upward as a car passed over it, and another that wasn't microwave or magnetic pulse but rather much more like a giant taser that was fired into the side of a given car. Given this info, I'd say most of us would still have cars, but communications and such would be much more of a threat anyway. I've always felt that if the US were to be invaded that this is how it would happen. We may have the most advanced military, but it all relies on electronics. Take that away and its a far different story.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
vr-zone.com...

Today, the biggest threat against America's troops in Afghanistan is the IED, or Improvised Explosive Device. Combating this threat is difficult and dangerous. Jamming vehicles, robots and Explosive Ordinance Disposal teams have to be called in whenever an IED is discovered in order to neutralize it. It's an expensive and time consuming procedure, and unfortunately, though the US military has become better at detecting IEDs, some of them are still only discovered as they go off. In order to simplify the procedure, bringing IED disposal down to an individual level, the US Army is looking into developing an EMP Grenade. The grenade would be portable and light weight enough to be carried by individual soldiers, and could be tossed near an IED to neutralize it. Indeed, it could even be tossed into a room where an unknown IED may exist, and neutralize the threat before it's even detected. Read more: vr-zone.com...
it seems that they are also creating emp grenades to combat ieds so it seems that there is a good deal of interest in these weapons systems

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join