It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a way to post anonymously by chance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sometimes I want to vent here in the rant section but I don't want to be associated to this account by doing so. If not, is there an okay to make another account FOR that purpose only? I have some pals who are also on here and I really don't need them seeing my business yet you know how people love to get replies and advice. I can't just make a blog and rant to dead air.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You could always create an alternate account, but be careful that may be against the T&C...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You can make other accounts and no one will take the time to know or care. What are they gonna do. check your ip address periodically?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
technically you could use a proxy and post from that but generally your posting habits will catch you out after a while as more than likely you'll post something in response to a reply to a post you have made in the same tone/style etc and then the mods will get the hammer of banneth and cast it upon the poor account who will spend eternity in the banned section of forum hell

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If I can rant about anything and not care what people think, then you can do it to. I won't judge you any different. And if people judge me and look at me different who cares. Not here to impress. I only impress when I go out drinking.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah, I already went to the banned section forum of hell for a week. Trust me, you don't want that to happen. I was jonesing for a week.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

There's nothing better then a good old rant/moan, just go for it on your normal account, i tend to prefer people who speak their mind and doesn't bother them who hears it

edit on 29/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I would think setting up multiple accounts is a severe violation of the TOS, but then again I didn't study them this carefully.

@ Mods: Of course I studied the TOS religiously before even thinking of signing up on this site, but I seem to have a acute loss of memory at this point of time concerning only this tiny particular question at hand. Honestly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I do kind of mind though. It could ruin a lot of things if the wrong people happen to see it :/

Normally I don't care at all. xD But some things just... no.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Hehe oh you.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
SIDE ISSUE RESOLVED:

I read the Terms and Conditions more carefully than most & it says you can but you cannot use multiple accounts to "talk to each other".

So if you can keep them away from the same threads then your accounts should be fine.

As for anonymous posting, you will need to use a proxy service (google for it), some are free, some are complete crap. This is for masking your IP address if that is what you're trying to do.

Just remember, though, that there is no real anonymity. The Gov hires teams of hackers bypass any obstacle you're throwing in their path, ie. proxies, data encryption, etc..

edit on 29-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I love you.

I'll have to do the 20 post thingie first I think. ugh. 20 posts. xD just to be able to rannnnnnt.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BoyMeetsWorldATS

So what your saying is, If I created a Womanhater profile and plus have my Manhater profile, neither one of us can talk to each other? I'm getting that right?

So, pretty much, that would be like talking to myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Maybe spend a bit of time thinking and redrafting your rant so it does not come across so blunt, rude or offensive, but still clearly defines the issues. It is a complex world we share and everyone gets annoyed occasionally. If you can stand behind your words then more power to you. As for your friends, maybe they are thinking the same thing or not really your friends at all.

I can understand you position if work politics maybe involved, not easy stuff to contend with at times.
edit on 29-6-2012 by kwakakev because: added understanding for reasosn

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by BoyMeetsWorldATS

So what your saying is, If I created a Womanhater profile and plus have my Manhater profile, neither one of us can talk to each other? I'm getting that right?

So, pretty much, that would be like talking to myself.

Precisely.

You got it

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't know. I don't think it's wise to take the advice of someone who only has 32 posts behind them. I would tread lightly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why oh why do I see this thread opening a can of worms that will be greatly abused in the not too distant future?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just a thought here...but since you created this thread if some crazy rant appears in the rant section people are going to know who it is

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Been discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You used be be able to make anonymous posts by not being logged in. I guess they did away with that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join