It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank your iPhone for the war in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I know, this one may not be news to our astute members and others will think it's a crazy idea, but let me throw this out there.

All these precious devices we all use (iPhone, Samsung, iPad, Laptops...), they need certain minerals and chemicals to operate, and the manufacturers needs loads of these minerals and chemicals to sell these devices.

It's not in the news much, but certain countries like China will not ship their minerals to other countries - why? Because they're precious metals and minerals they use in their own building of sellable product.

The US does not have enough of these for Apple, Microsoft, IBM, HP to make their desirable products, so we go to war under the guise of terror to mine for minerals, precious metals and chemicals buried in the Middle East.

So have at me, how wrong is this theory?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not just Afganistan.

Carpet bombing the "third world" is just another expense for our gadgets.

Blood Coltan thread
CEllphones, computers and other electronics worse than diamond mining

What you claim is not theory. It is the way of the world.
edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Nice. Let me read through those other threads - people say "when will this war end?" Never. It's the forever war to dig up other countries for our tech needs. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Brazil also has quantities of these precious metals.
not just afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
wrong link sorry, but ya its ridiculous what the powers go to war for.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are we mining Brazil? I suppose I could go look up loads of info because I know these points are all supported as I've read about it over the years.

Does anyone care? I look at my devices and I think the lies we are told so I can have a nice phone or whatever. I guess the war on terror has been very good to big business all around.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just look into who's investing the most in resource development and infrastructure ( required to ease the 'extraction' process).

Hint .......it's not the US

Their soldiers die, others are reaping the rewards
edit on 29-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Ad

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Silicon technology is not the only tech we have. I think if material was a problem then we would not be using silicon tech. They went after Saddam Husein, I would be willing to bet they wear their because of him and all the other stuff was just a bonus. The recent event in Libya, where the US gave people a bunch of weapons creating a Al Qaeda force so they could kill Muammar Gaddafi and get in the way of his ideas. He had plans to make money witch was backed by gold and would eventually replace the dollar. In a way it saved us in the US but only for a short amount of time because financial collapse is going to happen.

As for Afghanistan, why would we invade a country for resources? Sending in troops cost allot money, and afghan knows the vast superiority of our war force. The us is not fighting afgan forces they are fighting "al quda". If afgan has large amounts of resources for silicon tech why would they keep it from us? Its not like they are going to use it any time soon.

Silicon boards are recycled as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
wrong link sorry, but ya its ridiculous what the powers go to war for.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

It may seem that way but a resource can tremendously change the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I was just watching the first episode of The Wire and one character musing on the War on Drugs said the following - "This ain't a war. Wars end! Write that down." - things that make you go hmmm indeed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Perhaps with the near future advancements in Graphene research we will be able to shy away from many kinds of Rare minerals and metals. Silicon being the biggest of them. Graphene will dwarf silicon when it comes to semiconductors. Even now the Prototypes are far exceeding everyone's expectations, Not to mention cost effectiveness.

The entire electronics industry is at fault of this, as well as out throw away style society. I myself am a major recycler of electronics components. Whats more green than taking someones junk and reusing salvageable components for ones own projects and repairs.

new topics

top topics

join