It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Roberts Actually Help Bring Down Obamacare?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Back on topic:

I do believe Roberts move was an act of brilliance!! The message he sent quite simply was "Elections have consequences! If you don't like this bill, change it! If you want to get rid of the bill, then get rid of Obama."

He left this wide open so republicans can change this easily. If Romney focus's on this bill being a "tax" and pounds the hell out of that, then he will win hands down!

Roberts, by voting to uphold the bill removed the Supreme Court from the rhetoric that we would be hearing from the left. The Dem's would be screaming racism, and partisan politics..Perhaps Roberts knew this and eliminated any chance of the Court Justices being viewed as biased, which never would have gone over well.

Just sayin.........

Pax

I think you’re 100% correct!

I think Roberts did us a favor by declaring this a tax (easier to repeal) and by basically keeping the court out of it (which took away ammo from Obama).

I read today that 75% of the costs associated with Obamacare will be paid for by people making under $120,000 per year. That’s a nail in Obama’s coffin for sure!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Great video! Love that he says "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck".

It kills me how people still cannot see this as a tax. For clarification purposes here is what a tax
Is defined as.

Dictionary Thesaurus

tax

tax [ taks ]

noun 1. a sum of money demanded by a government for its support or for specific facilities or services, levied upon incomes, property, sales, etc. 2. a burdensome charge, obligation, duty, or demand.

verb (used with object) 1. to demand a tax in consideration of the possession or occurrence of (income, goods, sales, etc.), usually in proportion to the value of money involved.

Dictionary.com

We did not decide to call this a tax, the Supreme Court made that decision!

Pax
edit on 7/2/2012 by paxnatus because: typo

edit on 7/2/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join