It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Roberts Actually Help Bring Down Obamacare?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how it was passed or how it might be repealed, what matters now is that it is a tax and not a mandate - This is a done deal.

This puts a limit on the Commerce Clause and means that the Federal Government can not create commerce in order to regulate it - The Federal Government cannot force any individual buy anything - I'd be surprised if anyone has a problem with this.

It also sets in place the states rights to opt out of the Medicaid expansion without penalization. This is a huge jump to states sovereignty - I'd be surprised if anyone has a problem with this.

If you do not like the outcome, get out and vote - Obamacare can now be de-funded by Congress. Do not blame the Supreme Court for who & what you elected to represent you.

As Judge Roberts said;

'It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.'

This November will decide it - Get out and vote - I know I will!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Someone should really share this with Glenn Beck. Either he can't do mental hi-jumps it takes to come to this conclusion or he missed the memo. If this gets out it will really put a dent in his T Shirt sales.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Something tells me Beck won't be hurting for money even if he doesn't sell those t-shirts he had printed.

Don't get me wrong, I had the same first gut reaction; that Roberts was a traitor. I wish the SCOTUS would have shot this mess down. But now that the dust has settled I can see the positive side. 'Politically' this could be a blessing for republicans and the country in the long run. This is just the kind of polarizing issue the republicans needed to get people energized and out to the poles in November so we'll get the turnover in congress (and the oval office) that we need. 

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sostratus

It also sets in place the states rights to opt out of the Medicaid expansion without penalization. This is a huge jump to states sovereignty - I'd be surprised if anyone has a problem with this.

Absolutely! And we're already seeing that in Wisconsin and Louisiana where those governors have publicly stated they aren't going to participate. 

This ruling has successfully galvanized the republican base; something Romney failed to do. 

We're in the game now!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There is much more rather Obama's propositions. For example see RAND website for actual CIA and DHS proposals.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There are 21 tax increases in this bill, and what you don't realize is you will not get the care you want or need! Doctors are not gonna go for this... The care you receive will be decided by some slick pencil pusher at the whitehouse...good luck with that! And you don't understand how much you will be taxed...Where the hell do we get 675 billion over the next 10 years.....

Your facts are completely ass backwards! It will effect anyone making LESS THAN 250,000 a year! In fact, 12 of those tax increases are going to effect middle and low income families!

The high court’s ruling leaves in place 21 tax increases in the health care law costing more than $675 billion over the next 10 years, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. Of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, the panel said, including a “Cadillac tax” on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers and an excise tax on medical-device manufacturers. “This is a clear violation of the president’s pledge to avoid tax hikes on low- and middle-income taxpayers,” said a statement from the panel, which is chaired by Rep. Dave Camp, Michigan Republican. On the campaign trail four years ago and since taking office, Mr. Obama has been fond of saying that middle-class families will not see their taxes rise “a single dime” under his leadership.

the washingtontimes.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

"Did Roberts Actually Help Bring Down Obamacare? .. Roberts may have pulled a fast one on Obama and the left."

".. what matters now is that it is a tax and not a mandate - This is a done deal. This puts a limit on the Commerce Clause and means that the Federal Government can not create commerce in order to regulate it - The Federal Government cannot force any individual buy anything .. It also sets in place the states rights to opt out of the Medicaid expansion without penalization. This is a huge jump to states sovereignty .. Obamacare can now be de-funded by Congress'"

"I had the same first gut reaction; that Roberts was a traitor. I wish the SCOTUS would have shot this mess down. But now that the dust has settled I can see the positive side. 'Politically' this could be a blessing for republicans and the country in the long run."

Sharing my post from another thread:

"I went through the gamut, from shock to confusion, disbelief, anger, & even wondering if someone had kidnapped his children. It simply made no sense.

So I went back & started reading through my notes on the bill. Now I see brilliance.

I haven't yet decided whether Roberts outsmarted everyone, or if the fallout is a positive byproduct of a traitorous call. We'll see.

But I'm hoping that he was crazy like a fox."

So relieved to see others thinking this through. Now to get Congress & fellow patriots to do the same!
Thanks OP!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Based on the outrage this issue is creating and the fact that Obama is making this the central issue of his campaign, I don’t see republicans having a problem gaining seats in November.
reply to post by seabag

What outrage? The only outrage I see and hear are conservatives and the tea party. There are parts of this law that are helping out many who have pre-existing conditions and college graduates that before wouldn't have had health insurance. Are you or anyone else going to walk with your head held high knowing that sick young children and adults would lose this benefit?

Maybe conservatives should have had the same amount of outrage about the bias 9/11 investigations, the passage of the patriot act, the war in Iraq and other criminal activity during the Bush administration. Instead of attacking a law that will help save lives, instead of illegal wars and occupations that have killed thousands of young men and women because of a lie.
edit on 29-6-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

But those poor unfortunate souls over 70 who will require brain surgery will be subjected to an ethics committee deciding if they are worthy of spending the money. You did know that rationing is a real part of the Act didn't you? Oh wait you probably ridiculed Sarah Palin....

www.therightscoop.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's quite a gamble, but if that's what you need to come up with to sleep at night, hey.

Hmmmm.

Doesn't a POTUS have to sign anything coming out of Congress ?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Did Roberts Actually Help Bring Down Obamacare?,

No. He didn't pull a double-secret out-think or something. He just pulled a boner.
He screwed the country up. It's just that simple.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I wouldn't put an ounce of weight to anything Sarah Palin says. She's proven to be publicity whore and lacks any kind of credibility whatsoever.

I'm sure a lot of republican voters who drink the kool-aid every chance they get, will still believe in the so called "death panels."

Will facts finally kill new 'death-panel' hoax?

Palin is seizing on a completely different entity to justify her provocative use of the phrase “death panel” three years ago.

False ‘Death Panel’ Rumor Has Some Familiar Roots

Taxes Are The New Death Panels: Exposing The Latest Lie About Obamacare
edit on 30-6-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by seeker1963

The bill already had plenty of taxes in it...defining one more portion as a tax doesn't change anything at all.

Glad to see you admit that!!!! After all, didn't Obama say it wasn't going to raise taxes?????

The taxes are on businesses and those who make over 250k.

Maybe you should actually be knowledgable before you comment.

Unless you make over $14k and don't buy insurance. Then a tax is placed on you. Maybe you should just not comment at all.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
first a sell out, now the master planner

spin spin spin away !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
With all the hidden tax increases in Obamacare, i think this was Barry's solutio9n to bring down the 15 trillion debt by bringing in increased taxes. Obama is a crook, he is robbing our children of a future nation. if that aint treason it damn well should be. All those damn bailouts he gave to prop up big banks, that money came from our decendants, right out of their mouths. Our kids are going to end up slaves to China, hell we probably already are, because of Big Government we can't afford doesn't know how to manage funds.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You tried to use that to say Obama is raising taxes on everyone...which is false.

You left out the part where it does raise taxes for everyone who has a job and receives health benefits from their employer. According to the bill, 2012 will require employers to start placing the amounts of each employees health benefits from their employer on their W-2's so the individual can pay taxes on their health benefits as though it was considered additional income.

If this is not the case, please correct me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I said there are already plenty of taxes in the bill.

Do you agree or disagree?

By me saying there are taxes in the bill...does that in anyway imply what group of people they are on?

You were saying something about logic???

Did I miss something? I think this is what you said earlier...

The taxes are on businesses and those who make over 250k.

Maybe you should actually be knowledgable before you comment.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

reply to post by seabag 

That's quite a gamble, but if that's what you need to come up with to sleep at night, hey.

I'll be honest...I can see why you think it's a stretch. But if you follow my logic you'll see that this does make it easier to repeal. 

Doesn't a POTUS have to sign anything coming out of Congress ?

The POTUS doesn't really have a say if congress repeals a tax. Congress holds the purse strings. A full repeal may need a signature but I'm confident President Romney will sign it.

edit on 30-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I wonder how many of you have actually read the law, or are just mad that a black man passed a piece of legislation.

www.healthcare.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Will the REAL John Roberts puulease stand up. It all started when he forgot how to speak english for the presidential oath thing. Then in the White House back room repeat he NEVER CAME OUT. That's right what we have here is a REPLICANT. Kinda the invasion of the body snatchers thingy,right Pookie?!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join