It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites get recalled or something and no one told me or my dog about it?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I went to just about every store in town and I mean everywhere, just about dying in the heat walking back and forth from store to store looking for. You guessed it...Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites.....Half the time I wasn't sure I was going to make it back to the car, that's how bad this heat is. Not one store even carried this specific brand, it's was all the other brands.

It's the only stuff my dog will eat. Anything else he let's it sit in the bowl until other vermin are hungry for it but he will go days without eating. He'll stick to his hot dogs until he gets those Crunchy Bites.

I just ordered a 36lb bag and it cost me $40 just about.

It better be worth the weight in gold. ;P

Bah, the things I do for him.

Least the food will last about 2 months. He's such a finicky eater.

There, he finally got his crunchy bites and I don't have to hear him whining for them.

Happy Now..
edit on 29-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Truly AMAZING the way your dog knows the brand and is picky like that
Why don't you start him on something new.. and cheaper

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Yeah, I tried that. Kibbles and Bits....

It just sat there.

Wouldn't touch it and wouldn't go near it.

He went near my food though.

When I switched it back, boy he ran for his food.

Even tried a different kind of Pedigree and he wouldn't go near that either.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah I've heard of this kinda stuff from people with dogs
don't have one myself but I have always thought it's strange for an animal to be picky like that.. suppose we are animals too so can't really say anything!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Back in March a thread was made about toxic treats made in China, killing US dogs. My mom's dog died of kidney failure at that time, but we did not learn why exactly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know if your kanine loved one's favorites were recalled, but we just can't trust pet food these days, unfortunately, and horribly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Majority of days he eats what I eat, but he has days where he wants his food. That's why it last forever.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

My dogs and cats are the same way...if its not their brand they won't eat it. Our local Wal-Mart doesn't carry the cats' food so we have to drive accross town to buy it. I've recently started cooking my own food for the dogs so now they are SUPER picky. What we won't do to make the little guys happy!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alena Michelle

My dogs and cats are the same way...if its not their brand they won't eat it. Our local Wal-Mart doesn't carry the cats' food so we have to drive accross town to buy it. I've recently started cooking my own food for the dogs so now they are SUPER picky. What we won't do to make the little guys happy!

I think he knows I won't eat the dog food, so he acts like he don't have to eat the dog food. You know that kind of attitude. I have to do everything your doing. He's a clingy dog and never leaves my side. He has to follow everything I'm doing and that includes meals.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Try this, instead of giving 100% new food, start by mixing in 10% of the new with the loved food. Then increase that little by little til he weans off the loved food.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Too late. I already bought the 36lb bag. That will last him a year.

Can't let the food go to waste now.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I have 3 dogs and they follow ever step I take! And since one of them is almost as big as me this can get awkward! If I didn't share my food with them they would think they were being punnished. I also have 18 cats (I have a pet rescue...totally not a crazy cat lady) and they are just as spoiled! Every Friday is "fish Friday"
which means they all get tuna for dinner and every night before they go to bed they each get a dollop of spray whipped cream…they won’t sleep without it. I go through so much whipped cream that I buy it at two different stores because I noticed the checkout lady eyeing me weird when I was buying 6 cans of spray whip. I think she thought I had naughty intentions with the spray whip…which is far less embarrassing than someone finding out it was for spoiled cats. I am totally owned by these guys!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

I'd be wondering what you were up too to with that much whipped cream. lol

You give that to the dogs or just the cats?

I had a big baby who was 250lbs, a St.Bernard. He was one heavy boy that officers wouldn't even go near.

RIP my little man. Caesar

I had to take him to the vet in a u-haul truck at one point.
He was the size of a horse.
That day was funny and was total challenge for me. But, I got him there.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I always feel like I get stared at the store for the cart full of weekly pet supplies so I guess in the scheme of things a half dozen cans of spray whip aren't so bad. How many creme bikins do you think you could get out of that much whip?
Only the cats get the creme, the dogs just get a beef treat before bed. This has been going on so long I can't even remember how it all got started?
I had to take the smaller pit bull to the vet 3 times this last week and lifting her stocky butt into the Jeep is a workout! Due to having to weigh her in front of everyone at the vet's office and the vet looking at her with pity the dogs are now on a diet. The shame of an overweight dog

new topics

top topics

join