It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Police Use Talking Urinals to Prevent Drunk Driving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's the Fourth of July. You've been out at a bar with some friends. You make one last pit stop.

Suddenly a disembodied female voice begins nagging you and for a minute you think your ex snuck in the bathroom.

But it's not your ex. It the urinal that's talking to you.

"Listen up. That's right, I'm talking to you. Had a few drinks? Maybe a few too many? Then do yourself and everyone else a favor: Call a sober friend or a cab. Oh, and don't forget to wash your hands."

No, you can't really make this stuff up.

Read all about the talking urinals here

Good news is this only cost the taxpayers $8000.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

I find this to be very humorous and also a great idea! Thank you for giving me a good laugh today!.....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
"Listen up. That's right, I'm talking to you. Had a few drinks? Maybe a few too many? Then do yourself and everyone else a favor: Call a sober friend or a cab. Oh, and don't forget to wash your hands."

..and it continues with "Oh, by the way, your STD test was positive"

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about a urinal which analyzes yer pee?
It could maybe detect the alchohol and tell you our over the limit or just flash a warning light or buzzer???
This would be a perfect way to stop a lot of people from getting arrested by the cops or some other obstacle they hadnt noticed on their way home....
nI am sure this could be made both simply and cheaply by the current technoogy available now....
Its easy, its cheap, its very effective, and it makes a ot more sense than roadblocks and criminal records,
broken bodies and shattered dreams...
THINK ABOUT IT!
IT could really save lives!!!!!
........s

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Right..........

Drunks will pay attention to a talking urinal? Where I drink the drunks will tear the urinal off the wall and throw it thru the wall.

What an absolute waste of taxpayer money.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This will more than likely happen to all of them

First prediction: Somebody, somewhere will inevitably reach in and (ewwww) steal one of the cakes.

Please resist the urge to envision a cake screaming: "I'm melting, I'm melting.")

I can't see how a disembodied talking pisspot will stop anyone from driving

Cran

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That might be the best idea ever!! Of course, if the urinal starts talking to me, there is NO WAY I'm driving home!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Because we all know that only men drive drunk, I suppose if a woman were drunk enough she could piss in a urinal who knows.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Because we all know that only men drive drunk, I suppose if a woman were drunk enough she could piss in a urinal who knows.

I've seen it, and I've also seen sex on a urinal, and there was a line forming behind it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Whoaaaaaaaa I wasnt ready for that image.........
But it really could work if the urinal coud tell you precisely how many youve had or what your blood alchohol reading presently is ......
urinals flush automatically now in most places so it would get a fairly accurate sample reading for its circutry to analyze and blurt out your blood alchol reading ....."excuse me sir? ah excuse me? you have a blood achohol reading of one point three.....you are legally dead......".
Maybe that would slap some sense into somebody, not everybody......even one less dead kid on a bycycle is a big improvement.....one more family makes it home safe from wallymark.....
Booze is our own worst enemy it seems....
It certainly wouls add new meaning to the term "pissed drunk"
edit on 30-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join