It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Shatner Humiliated In TSA Search

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
there should be some common sense in a job like TSA.

if you see Capt. Kirk walk up to your line, you ask if he packed his own bag and that's it.

and profile a little bit, you can see evil in someones eyes, their walk, their attitude. 30 seconds of small talk can determine whether or not someone deserves their balls to be fondled for bomb munitions.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

But, what you're saying is, in essence, the TSA went where no man has gone before...

That's a broad assumption.
I've heard stories...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Awesome!
He's just as much a citizen as everyone else and as a result he is subject to all the same rules and regulations. If my ballbag is scrutinized by some dude in a blue suit, then so does Shatner!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My recent TSA experience, before an international flight out of the U.S., was relatively uneventful. I didn't have any problems from the TSA. I also didn't notice anyone else being hassled by TSA. There was the man I saw pulled aside, by the actual federal police, and asked if he had more than $10k. Other than that, it was not the three ring circus sideshow I was expecting. I was rather disappointed that no one wanted to touch me in the bathing suit area.

I'll be flying back in a couple of months. Perhaps, my results will be different, but I expect it to be the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What needs to be done is for a web site to be set up listing all TSA members. That way we will all know who they are and when they go to the bank or to the loacl store they can be stopped and searched just like they do people. Let them know how it feels to be search like that. A lot of them need to be placed on the sex offeners list web site as well. They need to be treated like they are treating people and lets see how they like it.

TSA should stand for Trained Sexual Attacker

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What's an Archon? And why does it want to see Captain Kirk's bum?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I don't see why this is surprising to some of you. Surely you had already previously known about TSA's random searches.

I am in no way condoning what TSA does, but no group nor individual should receive any special privileges, regardless of who they are. So if TSA is performing hard core searches on everyone else, then celebrities should get the same treatment.

Apparently, he is made of iron, so he was probably setting off all of the metal detectors within the nearby vicinity.

[color=7A7A7A]A quick FYI. That↑↑ is awful. Seriously, it is really really really bad. lol
But it is pretty dam funny though.

edit on 6/29/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

His version of Iron Man always has me cracking up!!

But he does have a metallic hip joint from hip replacement. Every time he goes thru the metal detector, it set's off. And he goes to "secondary inspection". He was getting on a flight to South Africa so he was wearing very loose clothing at the time of the pat down and they fell down to his ankles. He was also going "commando" at the time too.

He talked and joked about it on the Craig Ferguson show. Funny episode, check it out on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

All Mr. Shatner had to say was

One of my personal fave characters that William Shatner has played no less.

Er, so much for the Youtube link. Summary: "Denny Crane"
edit on 30-6-2012 by Kovenov because: clarified

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I was going to star you but since you are making the point that because they are stars themselves they should (or have any expectation to) be treated differently from the common mortals. This is extremely dangerous rational as dangerous as specifically targeting people with mideastern appearance or wearing turbans (or even excluding children or old people). For the process to be "fair" it should target every one, the issue is not on the need for special treatments is on the need for the process and its efficacy...

Why is the process needed, the main reason is to make people think and feel safer the secondary reason is to make people paranoid and look at each-other as possible enemies and help them report deviant behaviors easily. The game is simply to retain control by shaping the populace thoughts.

So even if your report is interesting it has no content, and even plays into what they need to make clear that no one is above the process and as always good citizens are expected to submit to it...

No star and no flag, start a thread on why the process is wrong it's objectives and failing and I'll support that...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join