It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP 10 PET PEEVES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1) PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE NOT HUNGRY, THEN EAT HALF YOUR FOOD.

2) PEOPLE WHO LET THEIR KIDS DO ANYTHING THEY WANT IN PUBLIC.

3) PEOPLE WHO GET IN LINE THEN RUN TO GET SOMETHING ELSE.

4) PEOPLE WHO PICK UP AN ITEM WITHOUT THE PRICE TAG.

5) PEOPLE WHO SPEED WITHOUT EMERGENCY NEEDS.

6) PEOPLE THAT DON'T GET OVER FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES.

7) PEOPLE WHO TAKE 20 MINUTES TO ORDER AT A DRIVE THRU.

8) PEOPLE WHO ABUSE THEIR AUTHORITY BY DOING ILLEGAL THINGS AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

9) PEOPLE WHO PREACH THEN TURN AROUND AND SIN.

10) PEOPLE WHO TELL OTHERS WHEN TO USE caps..
edit on 29-6-2012 by sp1r1tu4l33 because: changed number 10.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People who make useless pet peeve posts.

What are you, some sort of covert corporate agent trying to mine information for cataloging people's psychiatric profile for more corporate consumer training?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
11) People who type all in CAPS

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
as a woman who thinks about hair styles, there is this one hairstyle, and prettymuch every media woman from anchors to (errrrgh) commercial'ers, wears this ugly ugly ugly ugly style, which has been trendy for a very long time, remember, since '07, abouts, maybe before. It makes me sick to look at it. Well, it comes down from the crown, making the skull look little, narrow, pointy. It frames the forehead in hard lines, giving an old-man-with-high-gleaming-forehead look. Then these women, to make it look -worse- , wear their eyebrows in low almost straight and dark lines. Very un feminine/youthful. To me. Then the length cuts in half at the jowl, so that the hair bubbles out on each jowl, where you would (I should think) want your least widest face point. This hairdo looks like what your hair should look like when you first wake up from a long humid night's sleep.
Why do people comform? I will never conform to styles. I -refuse- .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

And rude people.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

it was a rant who are u the CAP police.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

I think it's a good thread idea sp1r, I'm sorry you got discouraging replies right away.

Here is my 9 more then, since you said 10.

Commercials (TV, internet, radio
Those who trash Truthers while conspiracies against the 99% continue to manifest
War
GMO
Poverty (I know all about that)
That my vote really doesn't count
The vulnerability of the most defenseless
How hard it is to combat the age-old forces of global lockdown
The prevelence of sociopathy

None of the above is listed in priority importance order.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

CAPS OH BOY!!

PEOPLE WHO GOES 40 IN A 60 ZONE (KM/H)

PEOPLE WHO GOES SLOW BUT SPEEDS UP WHEN THEY REALIZE YOU GOING TO TAKE OVER THEM

PEOPLE WHO FORGET TO TURN OFF THEIR TURN SIGNALS.....FOR 15 MINS!

PEOPLE WHO USE TURN SIGNAL ON THE LAST SECOND!

Sorry just came back from eating my lunch outside!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
People who make useless pet peeve posts.

What are you, some sort of covert corporate agent trying to mine information for cataloging people's psychiatric profile for more corporate consumer training?

Cmon he was ranting..let him have his /her rant.

I have to agree with most, though number 10 would be at the top of my list. Then again it wouldn't be a pet peeve, and would number 1 on a list of things I abhor.
edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

i agree perhaps i will go change number 10.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

maybe my desire to be heard created a need to scream. i think if u don't have something nice to say to someone on their thread you should abstain from replying to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hmm....maybe If we all listed our Top Ten then this site will have less members

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33

maybe my desire to be heard created a need to scream. i think if u don't have something nice to say to someone on their thread you should abstain from replying to them.

Maybe my desire to maintain intact virtual ear drums has created a need to post. I think if you do not like comments that may or may not reflect your own opinions and thoughts, you should not post in an internet forum

Kidding lol .. go on with your rant, may I recommend using font size "ultra" to further improve the virtual screaming factor of your rant, too ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33

it was a rant who are u the CAP police.

I love what you changed number 10 to..

You're cute....

I still think it was a good rant, so forget the naysayers.. Geeez compared to some of the rants I've seen on here, yours is well thought out, and gets right to the points.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
People who criticize threads in an attempt to rack up stars.

People who don't use the search function.

People who post a video link with the comment "This is incredible!"

People who take a buggy full of groceries thru the Express Lane.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

haha, this is a great list and i have many of the same peeves. i'm guessing you're a cashier, or have been at one point?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

been a manager of fast food before. but my rants are more personal than professional. as a manager i am always prepared for difficult consumers. i actually excel at taking care of the worst, they usually end up walking away with a smile shaking their head wondering what hit them.

thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

your signature says it all.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I dont really have "pet peeves".. they were burnt out of me living with a goofball for a long long time and 2 teens and a 6 yr old. It really doesnt matter what your pet peeves are when no one gives a damn

I have one thing that I really really really dislike. The way I am its weird that this bothers me so much, but I really almost hate rudeness. It just doesnt take much to be a pleasant person. When I encounter real rudeness.. not the petty things, but some real rudeness.. I feel sorta violent toward the person. Like I want to kick them in the face or something.
Maybe I need a shrink....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was going to make a pet peeve thread but saw several already existed so I decided to post in one instead of creating yet another. I picked the newest I could find and this was it. That said, I have a long list of them. It seems a lot of things bother the crap out of me. Here are some of them:

When people don't flush the toilet. Don't they think other people use it? Do they think everyone likes to see a log floating in there? And the smell! There's nothing like going into a restroom that has a floater in it that's been there for an hour. Yuck!

When somebody tries to correct me by saying the exact same thing that I just said. I really hate that.

When I'm doing dishes and somebody puts something in the sink. Really? It couldn't wait? You don't think I have enough to do?

Litter. I hate litter. I wonder what some people's homes look like. Do they throw trash on their floors?

Another one is when people refer to the monster in Frankenstein as Frankenstein. It's the monster. Mary Shelley never gave it a name. I had a argument/discussion with someone recently about that. The guy kept saying, "Well, in all of the fiction stuff they always call him Frankenstein." That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Bad grammar. That's one thing that bugs me.

It also bugs me when people walk around hacking, coughing, and sneezing without covering their mouths. I just want to put them in a plastic bubble so they don't spread their plague everywhere.

When people change a baby's diaper in the same room where I'm eating. Yes, I understand that it needs to be done but there are places called restrooms where you can do it so I don't have to smell poop while I'm trying to eat.

When people are in my way while I'm carrying heavy things. Hello? I don't feel like standing here all day. I want to put this down!

On a related note, it bugs me when I'm carrying firewood or something else in and people who can very well work are just sitting there watching me.

I could go on forever putting stuff on here but I'll be merciful and just end it with what I've put on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join