It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Fox News: Supreme Court May Have Invalided Entire Healthcare Law With Their Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Supreme Court may have invalided the entire healthcare law by their ruling.

Under article 1 Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution:

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as other Bills.”

But that’s not what happened. The House barely passed one version of the healthcare law. The Senate passed a different version of their own. The House version hit a roadblock in the Senate. So Democrats, because it was NOT a tax bill, pulled the Senate version for reconciliation, and deemed it passed, rather than risking another vote in the House. This means the bill originated in the Senate, not the House, which is in direct violation of Article 1 Section 7.

Ben Swan explains:

Peter Schiff also gives a litany of reasons why this bill does not pass Constitutional muster with much more detail in this video:

----

This article first appeared on LibertarianNews.org. I am Michael Suede, the author of this article. This article is public domain.

edit on 6/29/2012 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

Good catch.
I don't know how much water it will hold.

This would definitely be one for the courts to decide.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Might be grounds for an appeal, but I would think the Constitutional lawyers that fought against Obamacare would have been all over this one?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
These guys both make very good points. SCOTUS pulled a bit of a switcheroo with the way they deemed this Constitutional, so I'm hoping some great legal mind will persue repealing this whole thing based on those facts. Romney claims he'll take care of it if he gets in, and I'm very tempted to give him that opportunity. It might be the only reason to vote for him, or at all for that matter.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Like I've been seeing all over the place, this passage of this health"care" law is just 1 battle won by the Obama admin. The war on it though will continue on. You can bet this will be fought by many and I have a feeling it will fall. They expect people to just go along, they think sure there will be anger but what do Americans do best.... forget. But I'm not so sure this will be forgotten. Article 1 section 7 is crystal clear, and it's also very clear, as argued FOR in the supreme court, that it IS a tax.

They can't have it both ways but they sure are trying. In true politician fashion, speaking out of both sides of their mouths. In other words... LIARS! Corrupt arrogant liars.
edit on 29-6-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join