posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
you have it backwards

the symbolism is marketing

they know peeps are looking at this stuff

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

If it's all true then yes, they are pure evil, and know damn well they are, why else all the secrecy?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Symbolism and homage to male dominism.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
HA, they just changed the name of the clock tower to Elizabeth Tower. It was never officially named big ben it was the clock tower and the clock was nick named big ben. Now how does that change things ?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Big ben translated means 'big son' or 'big sun'....

Edit: Ben Arfa would mean Son of Arfa, just as Osama Bin Laden means; Osama son of Laden.
edit on 30-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
HA, they just changed the name of the clock tower to Elizabeth Tower. It was never officially named big ben it was the clock tower and the clock was nick named big ben. Now how does that change things ?

It was the bell that was first called Big Ben, probably named after people famous then or connected to the building according to Parliament website

The name is so famous now and probably has brought billions in tourism, it might officially be called something else but the quirky informal kind of suits, unless calling it Elizabeth brings better karma and resonance then I will personally promote it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Ben in 'Big Ben' is short for Benjamin - prossibly after Sir Benjamin Hall who oversaw the rebuilding of the House of Parliament in the 1850s and whose name is inscribed on the side of the bell or, perhaps more likely, it acquired the name colloquially after the popular champion preizefighter of the time, Benjamin Caunt.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Arabic word ben or bin, meaning son of.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Forget Rhianna, what about all the symbolism in the stage set of the Iron Maiden "Powerslave" tour - and Iron Maiden are from east London, where the Olympics are being held. Plus, lead singer Bruce Dickinson is an airline pilot, linking directly with the BA advert. And their latest album features the song When The Wild Wind Blows which is about a couple mistaking an earthquake for a nuclear attack. It's GOT to be a message!!!!!

They could all be trying to appeal to the population or doing their bit for awakening the population, unless there's reason to think they have secret knowledge?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Yeah I could have been mislead but again there's no evidence to prove that it was named after Benjamin Hall, It could have been named after Benjamin Caunt.

The name was not inscribed when the bell was recast in 1858, as Hall was no longer Commissioner of Works by then. No one knows for sure which, if any, of these stories is the real reason for the name Big Ben.

source

Edit: My mind is so far, I seem to have misread again, sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This is gold. Rammstein once brought a giant phallus on stage for a tour, maybe you should read into that too man.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Alright, I think it's definitely possible that there could be an attack on the Olympics but I have two things to say about your support:
a) Of course Big Ben is in a lot of the commercials and ads, it's one of the biggest tourist spots in all of London! It's just like showing the Eiffel Tower for a big event in Paris or something.
b) That Chinese ad for the Euro cup, I think the "war" theme is just a metaphor for the competition being like a war between the teams, and sports fields are often referred to as "battlefields". It's not all that out of the ordinary. If you want someone to pay attention to an advertisement then throw in some things blowing up, it's sure to pique the interest of viewers.

I think there are a lot of things though that support an attack at the Olympics very well, just not the things you've mentioned.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't see anything happening at this years Olympic Games. There has just been so much talk about the security arrangements in the UK press, I don't see how it would make any sense for a false flag attack.

If I was going to do a false flag I would definitely choose a high profile target, and you don't get much more high profile than the Olympics, but I would choose a symbol of everyday life or a target implicitly symbolic of the nation I was going to attack.

I would want people to feel like they are no longer safe in their everyday lives, so I could grab some rights off of them. I'm thinking this could be more difficult to accomplish in attacking a big international event, people would be thinking "This is outrageous. We knew this could happen and it did, blame the government!"

If you attack a symbol of everyday life or nationalism, like a subway or skyscraper, I can imagine people crying out to have their peace of mind restored. "Please, please read my emails and make me carry an ID card, if it keeps me safe from those nasty terrorists, then do it!"

Also, with regards to the symbolism of London destruction/Illuminati symbolism; that is really quite odd. All I can think is that in the last 10 to 15 years as these topics rise a little in the public conscious, they symbolism is exploited to sell music. A bit of a cop out answer,but I just can't explain it otherwise.

I can't see the symbols being messages, I'm sure Illuminati have email/blackberry messenger.

I would be interested to see any symbolism used previous to other attacks/disasters. I mean, was this kind of stuff going on just before 9/11? Did the Chinese advertise Euro 2000 with a cartoon of skyscrapers burning and collapsing?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatanicRoyalty

This is gold. Rammstein once brought a giant phallus on stage for a tour, maybe you should read into that too man.

And is not the (newly named) Queen Elizabeth tower just a big phallic symbol? And thinking about it, Big Ben could mean something even more phallic ....

Connections connnections!

Perhaps it's a clue that the Olympics is going to be a bl**dy great cock up? (which, incidently, is also the name of a hill in the Lake District ..... though I can't yet think how to work that into the conspiracy!)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by karen61057

Big ben translated means 'big son' or 'big sun'....

Edit: Ben Arfa would mean Son of Arfa, just as Osama Bin Laden means; Osama son of Laden.

Lol. You actually think that yourself?
That the Ben in Big Ben is Arabic?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Yes and that email gets leaked or that phone gets hacked...sensible

It would be better to hide it in plain sight, those that understand it can prepare for it. Those that prepare for it, survive it...those that don't understand it because the latest Ipod or episode of Big brother is on don't prepare, those that don't prepare don't survive it...

Makes sense to me in my own humble opinion!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Big Ben is actually the BELL inside the clock tower and isn't actually shown, a common error.

I should have just read your nickname and left it at that, but as I am already replying, here is quote from Wikipedia:

"Big Ben is the nickname for the great bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London, and is generally extended to refer to the clock and the clock tower as well."

Please note that although your main point is true, -you- are in error to claim that this is an error. It is not an error, it is common, general practice - if you disagree, go change the wikipedia entry first.

British Airways aren't telling people NOT to fly, they're telling British people to stay home and support their team, which is basically the same thing.

How can you stay home and fly at the same time?

And if it is the same thing, why even reply? I mean, why reply just to refute your own claim? But as I said, your nickname should have been enough of a warning..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join