It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first GM babies born

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, GM crops are a huge success. They require equal if not more energy, yield less, and cause organ damage in at least half of animal subjects who eat them.

Of course it's time to take things to the next level!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

My thoughts exactly, we all know how great GMO crops have helped us

Might as well move it on to humans, perhaps these kids will produce cyanide like that GMO grass down in Texas that killed all that cattle.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My thoughts exactly, we all know how great GMO crops have helped us

Where's the science behind your sarcasm?

This will rapidly lead to an off-topic discussion (well - more of a tangent discussion): But suffice it to say that you have none.

Might as well move it on to humans, perhaps these kids will produce cyanide like that GMO grass down in Texas that killed all that cattle.

www.naturalnews.com...

There is all sorts of misinformation on this point all across the internet, and I will no doubt be accused of being an alien lizard Illuminati priest for daring to say something is not GMO, but from all the experts I read on this issue, Tifton-85 grass is not GMO.

It is a hybridized grass, not genetically engineered. There's a huge difference in this. Hybridization means the grass was cross-bred with another grass to produce a sterile new strain with desired traits. Genetic engineering, on the other hand, means inserting genetic material into the DNA of the plant, often from an insect or animal, in order to generate a completely artificial phenotype expression, such as generating pesticides in a corn crop.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Deny... what is it again... Ignorance?

Other evidence pointing to the non-GMO status of this grass is that the owner of the ranch in question, Jerry Abel, told me he planted the Tifton grass somewhere between 15 and 18 years ago, and it's been baled every year since then, growing back on its own and basically just acting like a very boring field of forage for cattle.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Hmm...

The potential for genetic engineering, indeed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, if this goes forward, what will the world look like?
Labs will charge real fortunes for a GM baby, which will be stronger, healthier and smarter. The poor people will not be able to make GM babies. So, besides a social barrier between rich and poor, we'll have a biological barrier, even harder to overthrow.
Scary this is, young padawan...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
if i'm not mistaken ( and i very well may be ) i thought they were only just granted the permission to research this. i knew if they were granted permission that i just meant that they'd already finished and had a good result, but DAMN, i didn't think they would come right out and just say it. the veils are being lifted, little by little, every day. eventually everyone will see what is going on in the world and realize that they HAVE TO STOP IT. if someone thinks that genetically modifying people is ok, they don't feel that being human is something sacred, and that makes me sad. life is a miracle and not to be taken advantage of. even if you aren't religious there is still the concept of justice, and it behoves you to treat life and the world with a certain degree of respect.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Where's the science behind your sarcasm?

Too lazy to do your own research?

If you're going to sit here and tell me that GMO crops are good I have no choice but to laugh in your face and offer you some sincere pity.

This guy I tell ya

You have lost all credibility anything you post from now on will be considered as satire.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wait! Wait! I had a epiphany... (rare for me) the bible says man was created by god in his own image..... so whats to say this isn't the way he made us.We really don't know what tech that dude has???

Note I am not religious and don't claim to know very much about the bible.
Just a random thought through my twisted head.

edit on 29-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
Well, GM crops are a huge success. They require equal if not more energy, yield less, and cause organ damage in at least half of animal subjects who eat them.

Of course it's time to take things to the next level!

I would look at it more like what has been done for dogs, cats and horses, the wild original species were unhealthy, small scruffy, the man improved varieties do have weaknesses the original wild creature did not, but it lives longer is larger more beautiful and such.

They would have liked to have selectively bred mankind in the same way, but fear and religion prevents that, so I assume this is the way to achieve the same goal.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
could these babies have babies because if they have genes of 3 parents then their kids might have something wrong with them but lets not forget babies still need love so i hope the GM babies identities never get out as their lives would be pretty miserable i think its a bit sad to be honest but lets hope it helps humanity in a good way

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Messing with the nature !

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Something like this can only lead to eugenics. This is the LAST thing that TPTB should have access to

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
disgusting

Understand one thing, even if you are okay with this you should understand it's just the beggining

It will only get worse

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Woah, this sounds like a movie plot... anyways, i've read, i think, on another post, or something like that, on a very wierd story about the "devil" trying to mix his dna with humans in order to create the antichrist.. this is kinda freaky.. and scary.. i mean, if they can mix dna's from 3 different persons, why they wouldnt do it whit animals, insects or hell creatures right? hehehe, thanks for posting buddy, lets hope they dont get crazy with those kinda things..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

They've been trying to make the perfect soldier forever man, can you think of anything else they would want from something besides destruction and domination? I can't.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Getting flashbacks of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Don't go to sleep, the pod people will get you.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
what if these are the first super humans? super intelligence etc, and when they mature, they realize they are now the apex predators, and with a quiet demeanour infiltrate our society and drain it of it's lifeforce until enough of us remain to control and rule without knowing a difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
what if these are the first super humans? super intelligence etc, and when they mature, they realize they are now the apex predators, and with a quiet demeanour infiltrate our society and drain it of it's lifeforce until enough of us remain to control and rule without knowing a difference.

The last time some creatures screwed with the human genome we ended up with 450 ft. tall giants that ate people for food, called Nephilim and where the myths of the greek Titans came from. If we start seeing people with dog heads and crocodile heads like whats in the egyptian hieroglyphs...bad medicine.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by yourmaker

The last time some creatures screwed with the human genome we ended up with 450 ft. tall giants that ate people for food, called Nephilim and where the myths of the greek Titans came from. If we start seeing people with dog heads and crocodile heads like whats in the egyptian hieroglyphs...bad medicine.

Do you realize how big a 450 foot creature would be?

The world doesn't have food or oxygen to sustain something many times larger than the largest dinosaur that existed. Now, or in the past. Your bible is not meant to be read literally.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In the long run this will be really good for the descendants of mankind. This will be a step in eliminating countless genetic diseases. It will also be a step into improving the human body in unimaginable ways. Animals will also be able to be improved too.

However, in the short run a lot of people and animals are going to suffer for the mistakes that are going to be made along the way. Our computing power is not anywhere close to be able to simulate all of this before the changes are actually made, and that is what is it going to take to make sure that suffering is averted.

For instance today there may be 10 dog fetuses that are created to get one viable adult dog clone. While I understand the desire to have a favorite pet back, I can't imagine wanting to allow 9 malformed/ill clones of a person's best buddy to be created and suffer and die a miserable death, just to have a genetic copy of their beloved pet.

So clearly there needs to be some wise guidance in all these kinds of genetic manipulation experiments. Not to stop them, but to minimize the collateral damage/suffering that they will invariably cause.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

The square-cube law cannot support a creature 100 feet tall, let alone 450. A human that size would be crushed under its own weight, never mind the issues with circulation and oxygen concentration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join