It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I'd help them because they're in bad shape, not because the government told me to.

Nobody is dying because they can't afford health care. Hospitals are required to accept any and all patients. Illegals get hospital stays all the time, they don't pay but they still get treated.

I can't believe you're so dishonest that you'd rather have something given to you for free than reimburse someone for their good services. Selfish to the highest degree.

And God bless the fact that I don't live where people think like you, collectivist.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your government is asking you all as American Citizens to pool your funds so that everyone can get access to healthcare. If you do not see that as a good thing, there is something wrong with you, pray to god you never loose your health insurance and become ill.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by jhn7537

Theres some things to rightly complain about in your governments taxation, but keeping somebody alive just isn't one of them. I cannot believe how selfish some people can be when they are worried that some of their tax dollars might go towards keeping somebody alive and that they see no direct benefit from that. Reality check.... if you saw somebody knocked down in the street by a car, would you not help them just because thhey are poor?

I'm sorry but if this is how most American people think then God Bless the Fact I do not live in the USA.

Michael, were just fed up... this is just the straw that broke the camels back... Wanna know whats even worse, it likely wont stop here... Slowly but surely we are giving up our freedoms while making our Govt that much stronger... If use to be, by the people for the people... I dont believe you would find too many americans today who would agree with that statemnt...

The new USA... By the people, For the Agenda...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is nothing. Just wait till after the election when whoever wins comes out and says health care is losing money. We'll have to tax you guns to save it. I think that's when the SHTF.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Everybody has access to it already.

Nobody can be denied.

If you want to have good credit and good financial standing, pay your medical bills; if you can't then you still get the care.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Your government is asking you all as American Citizens to pool your funds so that everyone can get access to healthcare. If you do not see that as a good thing, there is something wrong with you, pray to god you never loose your health insurance and become ill.

WRONG!

Our government is not "asking" it is demanding, it is ordering, it is telling us to pay.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Exactly.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

My Govt. also wrote this bill with the healthcare corporations, not some non-profit entities... This is a shady bill thats being masked as good... This is being put forth to make a handful of people very very rich...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You could argue that every law is your government ordering you to do something. Damn your government for ordering you to restrict your speed to 20 mph outside that pesky first grade school.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

and for the record, if we're talking life or death, no hospital can deny a person health care... In case of emergency, they need to treat you here in USA

link   

reply to post by beezzer

You could argue that every law is your government ordering you to do something. Damn your government for ordering you to restrict your speed to 20 mph outside that pesky first grade school.

Strawman argument.

My self-determination does not affect anyone else but myself.

Driving recklessly does affect other people.

Try again.

link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by beezzer

My Govt. also wrote this bill with the healthcare corporations, not some non-profit entities... This is a shady bill thats being masked as good... This is being put forth to make a handful of people very very rich...

There is a double edged argument here, one could argue that handing the care over to private institutions paves the way for competition, lower prices and more efficient service as they are all in direct competition of each other. Take for example the NHS in the UK, because it does not have any competition it is bloated with senior managers that are not needed and is not very cost effective, but it works.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your health does affect other people, your family, your friends and your work collegues. Again this just proves the American mentality of every man for himself, dog eat dog.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I see nothing wrong with every man husbanding his own pastures. My family is mine to worry about, not the government's.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Your health does affect other people, your family, your friends and your work collegues. Again this just proves the American mentality of every man for himself, dog eat dog.

Yes, in todays times it is dog eat dog... Why are you trying to create a utopic society? Thats not realistic, everyone will never be treated equally, and we dont have the funds available to take care of everyone in the world... This is why people should think long and hard before having children.... Im sorry, but when the illegal alien one street over from me (we will call him miguel) has 9 kids before he is 40 years old there is a problem there... The problem is that he cant take care of those 9 kids, so does the problem go to my city? Me? My hard earned money? I think not...
edit on 30-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Yeah I am starting to get the picture here, Americans value their dollar more than they value their neighbours life. I get it now.

link   

reply to post by beezzer

Then that responsibility should be mine, not the governments'.

It is my responsibility to stay healthy for my family.
It is my responsibility to insure my family stays healthy.
It is my responsibility.

Not the government.
edit on 30-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Guess we'll all know who's right in about 5 years...
I have a hunch based on track records that the people who are against this bill will turn out to be right...

How can forcing everybody to purchase health insurance regardless of their income level & then forcing them to pay a penalty when they don't possibly turn out good - especially when the government is managing the whole thing?

Do people think this is going to make health insurance free? Last time I checked there isn't a word about limiting premiums in this bill...if anyone knows any different then please let me know...it just seems all bad to me...

It's not like the health insurance companies don't have enough power already...it's about to get really bad now that it's going to be mandated on every interaction.
edit on 30-6-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Headshot

Yeah I am starting to get the picture here, Americans value their dollar more than they value their neighbours life. I get it now.

When times are tough you look out for yourself and your family/loved ones... I'm sorry, but thats how it is... We live in competitive times and those who cant compete in todays world will be left behind...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

What? Lol?

Because I don't think the government should worry about what my family thinks, I'm greedy. Cool beans. I like your logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join