It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by mrnotobc

that's probably the difference...you are right.

i'm going to be a well fed slave and you'll be a person with a very affordable coffin.

have a nice one.

O.K....

I see that you are for ObeyMeCare... Fine... your choice of course...

But the majority of people would rather have the chance to succeed or fail without the help of a nanny state, and dictator at the helm..

All you can do is kill me, you cannot (nor ever) Own me...

I'm not worried about this entire situation, it will not remain the way it is, as they are working hard to get us to revolt.. I can see that soon, that will happen...

Are you prepared to kill your own family members for revolting? (honest question no antagonism's intended) because many family members will not go peacefully with you, or with a squadron...

Hard choices will have to be made....

I'd like to think you will make the Constitutional one in the end?...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantifedInfinity

i'm going to be a well fed slave and you'll be a person with a very affordable coffin.

have a nice one.

O.K....

I see that you are for ObeyMeCare... Fine... your choice of course...

But the majority of people would rather have the chance to succeed or fail without the help of a nanny state, and dictator at the helm..

All you can do is kill me, you cannot (nor ever) Own me...

I'm not worried about this entire situation, it will not remain the way it is, as they are working hard to get us to revolt.. I can see that soon, that will happen...

Are you prepared to kill your own family members for revolting? (honest question no antagonism's intended) because many family members will not go peacefully with you, or with a squadron...

Hard choices will have to be made....

I'd like to think you will make the Constitutional one in the end?...

i haven't been to a doctor in over 20 years and can't honestly understand why so many are complaining about this legislation.

if there is some secret information you all possess regarding this law...its best that you spill the beans now.

you vague disdain for it...isn't going to be enough.

you are so sure that it will not last...a thread was written on this site 5 minutes before the Supreme Court ruling suggesting obamacare was about to be struct down.

what do you know and when did you know it about this law which makes little difference to someone who's going to live far beyond the average 75 years that you will live?

and please don't tell me anything about the Constitution...i know all about that document.

tell me about why I should care in simple words. dumb it down for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Because we're already taxed out the butt. We cannot afford anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

have a nice one.

The slaves well fed? Ha!
Yeah, the slaves will continue to be fed lots of sodium, high fructose corn syrup, GMO products, aspartame, and cancer causing preservatives. They will also see a drastic reduction in quality of care. They will also see a rise in healthcare costs. The middle class will disappear faster as a result of this job destroying, tax raising legislation.

The elites will gain alot, at least in the short run. The system they created is in an obvious state of gradual collapse.

Anyone who can manage to get away from the tyranny of a society where anything not compulsory is forbidden and anything not forbidden is compulsory will live a much freer and much much healthier life. They may have to leave the country or go off grid to do so.

This was never about health care. It was always about control and taking away your freedoms to enrich elites.

The fanciful compassion storyline is for the weakminded sheep.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

have a nice one.

I know you're probably just being sarcastic, but in reality many people in this country would agree with your statement.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Obamacare has taken away your freedoms?

Please explain this statement in detail. Its been repeated often enough to deserve an in depth explanation; don't you agree?

as far as longevity...based on family history; i'll outlast most of you as if i'd live two of your lives at minimum. all those things you mentioned may kill you but i'll be fine.

nevertheless, isn't it fair that the world actually knows the specifics of your complaints...or are you happy that no one actually knows what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullitprf

If this Obama care is so great for the American people. Then why did congress and labor unions exempt themselves from this Utopian dream.

I read an article that was saying this wasn't true. www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Please explain this statement in detail. Its been repeated often enough to deserve an in depth explanation; don't you agree?

as far as longevity...based on family history; i'll outlast most of you as if i'd live two of your lives at minimum. all those things you mentioned may kill you but i'll be fine.

nevertheless, isn't it fair that the world actually knows the specifics of your complaints...or are you happy that no one actually knows what you are talking about?

Hey, if a person chooses to roll the dice with their health than thats their choice, who the hell is the Govt. to pentalize someone for them choosing not to take health care?? Once upon a time ago in this country we had choices, nowadays the govt. wants to make those choices for us...

There should be a class-action lawsuit against the US Govt.... This is legalized extortion, this is total BS, and the people shouldnt stand for it...Obama is a freaking crook...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

"tell me about why I should care in simple words. dumb it down for me."

I cannot "tell you" why you should care, because the very sentence structure you permitted, indicates that you have already given your compliance to the ObeyMeCare's Unconstitutional and illegally termed "law"..

First all laws have to be created within the "house", this one was not, second, it has to be ratified by the states, and since this one was not, it is "illegal"...

The Supreme court should never have commented on this matter, not ever took it upon themselves to ever take this matter up, until it was made "legal"...

The supreme court is also now guilty of high treason as well...

I'm not going to "ask" you to care, hell I'm not even going to beg you...

All I'm going to do is shake my head side to side, and once again be reminded of all the blood shed before us throughout our history, as having been spat upon once again, not intentionally by you and others, because you "choose" to have no means to see the forest because of the trees right in front of them....

We are now "Amerika", not America... this is a wrong step, that will break our collective necks, before it is all said and done...

I used t want to help this nation, did my service, still under contract for another 47 years...

But this?....

This takes the cake, and smashes it into the face of every Soldier, past, present, and future..

All I am left with saying, and feeling a great welling of pity for what "will" happen next is:

YOU deserve all that is to befall us now...

My country is gone now.. All that is left, is to stand tall, and give the system the middle finger when they "attempt" to get me to comply to this (and soon to be more additions to this illegal law) scam on the Amerikan people...

I suppose China and North Korea as well as other countries will be interested in the unbreakable encryption technologies of mine now, I mean with the attitude of the government, it's "all the same" to them right?...
edit on 29-6-2012 by QuantifedInfinity because: Forgot quotes & Dumkoff Spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Fact 1: There Is No Law in the US Anymore
Fact 2: Obamacare Is an Admission That All Previous Government Healthcare Programs Have Failed
Fact 3: Cost has Already Doubled from Initial Estimates
Fact 4: 70%+ of Healthcare Issues Results from Individual Choice
Fact 5: The Inability to Discriminate on Pre-Existing Conditions is an Essential Driver of Healthcare Costs
Fact 6: The Fines for Noncompliance Are Destined to Rise Enormously

simples

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i tried to understand your points concerning your opposition to obamacare...but you have none.

all I received as a response was more rhetoric and opinions concerning the Constitution, a document which I possess profound understanding.

there are no rifts between the states and the federal system.

what is the real deal?

deny ignorance, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As many have stated, its difficult reading to say the least. And when people can't read it because it 1400 pages long, well, no one likes that. Hell, I'm a healthcare provider and I don't fully understand all of the provisions in the bill. It's an election year therefore no one really knows the true motivation behind anything politicians are promoting. You can't trust Washington on a good day, let alone an election year. Additionally, there is a penalty, fine, or tax involved for those who do not comply with the bill. As much as the American people are taxed, this punitive tax is not a highlight of the act. The public is constantly promised..."No new taxes..." Well, you know how that goes.

Most importantly for me, any program administered by the U.S. government gets mucked up. They couldn't administer a sidewalk lemonade stand without having it plagued with problems! Medicaid and Medicare are fraught with fraud, waste, and abuse. Obamacare will be no different. If the administration was truly interested in improving this nation's healthcare they would do two things to significantly impact healthcare...Clean up medicaid and medicare and improve Access to Healthcare. Obamacare does nothing to improve access to healthcare. By that I mean increase the amount and number of primary care docs, internal medicine docs, family practice docs, and pediatricians. Improve rural healthcare systems. Bring medicine back to the people. Obamacare does nothing of the sort.

Take it from me, health insurance companies are only looking out for the bottom-line. They aren't really interested in providing quality healthcare for its subscribers. The health industry is a business like any other organization. And while they have the right to make money and a profit like everyone one, their practices are shady because its easier to charge outrageous rates and make foolish policies than it is to clean up the industry by combating waste and fraud and making things more effective and economic. This bill only puts insurance companies further down into the pockets of politicians.

Yes, there are good points to the bill, but unfortunately they are being overshadowed by all of Washington's bull. The American people are sick and tired. Unemployment is at all time highs, applications for unemployment insurance continues to rise. Manufacturing and job creation continues to dip. Small business continues to suffer. College tuition has risen to incredible rates, college debt is high. Our military is stretched beyond its limits. Our troops are stretched beyond their limits. We've been lied to about 9/11. Lied to about these damn wars. We've managed to alienate the entire globe, including our allies. Our defense budget is $800 billion dollars! That's more than most countries entire federal budget! Our morale is at an all time low. Our trust in our leaders is non-existent. It is not a good time for the United States. Our nation is corrupt and has been overrun by criminals masquerading as politicians.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I really don't think they are...not really.

I think online more people are - but people online can pay for the Internet at least.
I think the media is mainly against it, and the corporations are sorta against it, and it gets portrayed that way.

If other people are against it, it's because they wanted SOCIALIZED medicine, like Canada has.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why am I against this? Where do I start........

-I will be FORCED to purchase a product from a private company or pay a tax.

-Because we already have systems in place called Medicaid and Medicare to ensure the poor, elderly and disabled have proper care. These programs have over 80 BILLION in fraud annually.

-because the plan does NOT, in any way, provide affordable health care to the people it is supposedly designed to help.

-because it will become a burden on an already depressed economy.

I'm all for finding a way to fix the problem, but Obamacare is not the answer. How about we start with;

-fix the 80 billion fraud problem that is draining our Medicaid & Medicare programs. Also address the abuse of these programs. (E.R. visit for a sore throat, happens all the time)

-offer an affordable public option that people can CHOOSE to participate in. (to cover those who can't get affordable health Insurance other ways)

and most important of all, let the people speak for themselves. There are many great ideas out there, if the government had just listened to us rather than the insurance companies.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Hey, if a person chooses to roll the dice with their health than thats their choice, who the hell is the Govt. to pentalize someone for them choosing not to take health care?? Once upon a time ago in this country we had choices, nowadays the govt. wants to make those choices for us...

There should be a class-action lawsuit against the US Govt.... This is legalized extortion, this is total BS, and the people shouldnt stand for it...Obama is a freaking crook...

Legalized extortion? What part of Obamacare is legal? Sorry, but I had to ask because I couldn't find the Constitutional amendment that gave the Federal Government the right to pass laws that force people to purchase any products or services. Anybody know what that Article and section number was? Guess I must have overlooked it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with a healthier population. Imagine the possibilites.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DevineWisdom

It's legal beacuse they say its legal... Personally, I think its total extortion and when I begin to think about it it just fills me with rage

These politicians are forgetting that they are elected for the people, not for the agenda.... Whenever sh*t like this happens, you know theres a small group of people just licking their chops at the amount of money they are going to make off this...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by DevineWisdom

It's legal beacuse they say its legal... Personally, I think its total extortion and when I begin to think about it it just fills me with rage

These politicians are forgetting that they are elected for the people, not for the agenda.... Whenever sh*t like this happens, you know theres a small group of people just licking their chops at the amount of money they are going to make off this...

They can say it's legal all they want, they can stamp their feet, threaten, and act like the "spoiled" children they are..

Extortion is a crime of course, but what these federal nimrods are trying to do, is "High Treason"of the Amerikan people..

I'm really considering now just selling what I have to the highest bidders anymore, I mean this is the "same attitude" that the government has with our rules and laws (which is to say they care not a whit for them or protecting them, much less the people of the sovereign u.s.)...

Wonder if Finland wants an advantage?... LOL!..

But in all honesty (and all kidding aside).. We are now officially "Amerika"...

So then....

What are we going to do to correct this?..
edit on 29-6-2012 by QuantifedInfinity because: errors

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantifedInfinity

For starters, I'm going to go make some hot pockets and think about it... brb

But seriously, im very pissed about this
edit on 29-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jutes

You have no idea what you're talking about. Just because it's not free, it sucks?

American hospitals will give top of the line care to anybody, it is against every rule to turn someone down because they can not pay. You literally can not do it.

As another poster said, insurance isn't very expensive. I work at Walgreens, as an underling, and pay for my own every month. It's not the easiest, but I manage.

You people who are talking about how terrible it is over here have absolutely no clue. Either that or you're just disingenuous liars. Simple as that.

The other, main, reason we don't want this is because it lets the government tax you for not owning something. This is a completely new precedent for us and we don't generally like that.

Say, I own a chevy but the government owns the Ford Motors Company. The Government can now, in theory, tax me because I don't own a Ford. They can effectively fine me for not having what they like. This is a picture of the death of freedom. Enjoy it and shut up.

Americans don't want this bill for many reasons. Nobody is being denied healthcare in the absence of this bill. This will do nothing but make care more difficult to get for many people, and make prices rise.
There are thousands of pages of pork in this bill. Quite literally. It's complete B.S. and people know it.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join