It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I know many people who make minimum wage, I have many retail friends.

Why are you confused? Just because I have insurance doesn't make me immune to the rights of the people.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All you that say we are just a bunch of idiots for not wanting this. Do you know what is exactly in this healthcare bill? If you are so much smarter, you should school us on the fine details.

Americans are not unitelligent. We are busy and don't have the time to understand and analyse every piece of legislature. We depend on our elected to do this, and do it well. Now, during the passing of this bill, it was made fairly clear that no one ( congress)even had time to read the bill, but because it was a partisan congress at the time, the Dems followed their leader and just voted it in. Even Pelosi said to just voted for it and read it later, or something to that effect.

Pathetic. And yet there are those of you that think that is ok? I think most Americans could get behind a bill they understand, and with proper and fair administration it would not have turned out the way it has.

We as Americans still believe in liberty, we don't like to be treated like cattle, and it goes against our grain to sit back idlely and let the government become the all-
knowing authority.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If our u.s. healthcare can become like canada`s system, then im in. I was actually going to move my family out there just for the healthcare.

I think the u.s. system sucks. Most gp's are a bunch of idiots. We're like numbers to em. They come in, spend 3 seconds w you and write a script as fast as they can in their non legible scribbling and then its off tothe next patient, i mean dollar sign. I have not seen any genuineness and compassion from any of them.

Dont get me started on the referrals. Thats the worst crap ive ever had to deal w in the system. If i have eye problems, i have to go to my reg doc first, pay him $ so he can see me and give me a referral to an eye doc, which could take up to a week.

Oh and ive spent the majority of my life w no insurance. The u.s. healthcare system sucks and is most def broken.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

In my opinion it violates the constitution by forcing an individual to buy into something. Then they turn around and say it's a tax. Like we need more taxes. How about taking everyone's taxes that they get and turning that around and buying us all healthcare. Instead they are looking to buy the newest bombs,ammo or drones.

How can they enforce a person already struggling to make ends meet to buy healthcare they may not use until later on in their life? I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to the doctor, over the counter or home remedies work just fine for me and I get to keep my arm and leg.

They need to come out and make this bill east to understand for the American public so everyone can grasp what it is and what's inside of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have tried to read the actual bill. Unfortunately, I can't get past the legalese so it's pretty much impossible for me to read and understand it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I have tried to read the actual bill. Unfortunately, I can't get past the legalese so it's pretty much impossible for me to read and understand it.

But you do understand that our healthcare has been turned over to a centralized gaggle of eugenicists, social engineers and self serving busybodies who exempted themselves from the very law they have forced upon the people?

They have managed to make all of us, including our progeny, into debt slaves by accumulating over $135,000,000,000,000 TRILLION in debt... for our own good, of course. Now that healthcare is in the hands of bureaucrats who only have the best of intentions, what could possibly go wrong?

The American dream has been turned on its head and is now the endeavor of living at the expense of everybody else. I see my countrymen agreeing to their own destruction.
edit on 29-6-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I'll translate ~

Are you poor? Screw you, pay up.
Are you middle class? Screw you, pay up.
Are you rich? Screw you, pay anyway.

This message brought to you by Citizens for a 2nd Revolution
edit on 6/29/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

But you do understand that our healthcare has been turned over to a centralized gaggle of eugenicists, social engineers and self serving busybodies who exempted themselves from the very law they have forced upon the people?

They have managed to make all of us, including our progeny, into debt slaves by accumulating over $135,000,000,000,000 TRILLION in debt... for our own good, of course. Now that healthcare is in the hands of bureaucrats who only have the best of intentions, what could possibly go wrong?

The American dream has been turned on its head and is now the endeavor of living at the expense of everybody else. I see my countrymen agreeing to their own destruction.
edit on 29-6-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

Even worse, we have turned over our healthcare to the very same type of people who run the department of motor vehicles.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yet another thread making false claims.

You have to prove that Americans are against this.

Keep on spreading the fear, ATS! You're making yourselves look even more ridiculous in the process!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The DMV processed my application in a timely manner and my license arrived well within a week as promised.

What's so bad about the DMV? People complain about it but it's really nothing worth bitching about.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

It was a failed attempt at humor, please forgive me.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Americans don't like to be treated like cattle and yet, those same Americans going to line up and vote Romney to spite Obama for all of this.

Isn't that cattle-like behavior?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

No problem.

Come to think of it, it does sound hilarious.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

They suspended my license for a month over a clerical error, and that suspended license got me handcuffed even though it was no fault of my own.

When it was all said and done, they fixed their error and apologized, but I was still out some money over the unnecessary arrest, plus time, certified postage, etc, to fix their mistake.

If that had been healthcare, I would have been dead.

BUT, our healthcare system is already the most dangerous thing in the nation. 70,000 people die in the US from hospital and doctor errors every year, and even more die from accidental prescription drug overdoses or drug interactions. The vast majority of major infections that affect the general population originate in healthcare facilities. So, how can turning a completely broken system over to the hands of a completely broken government possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
isnt it similar to the UKs NHS, i know people bash it a lot about standards and waiting times, but hey, at least its free (the NHS that is, i dont know about obamacare)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, how can turning a completely broken system over to the hands of a completely broken government possibly go wrong?

The government is making it free. Pay attention, mate!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, how can turning a completely broken system over to the hands of a completely broken government possibly go wrong?

The government is making it free. Pay attention, mate!

Ya right. They are making it free with our money, LOL!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What do you suggest then?

Everyone complains about Obamacare but NO ONE that I've seen on here has proposed anything better.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yes I do understand. But I'm a poor guy and my vote doesn't matter and there's nothing I can do about it.

However, if I had the umpteen billions of dollars, I would spend ninety percent of that money obstructing the bill any legal way I could, after hiring a team of thousands of lawyers to do so.

That's the only way anyone can do anything about crap like this.

I just don't believe in America anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by getreadyalready

What do you suggest then?

Everyone complains about Obamacare but NO ONE that I've seen on here has proposed anything better.

I'm glad you asked.

We need fair and transparent pricing for services. It should be illegal to charge two different prices to two different entities for the same procedure. We shouldn't mandate the price, but we should mandate that whatever you charge customer A, is exactly what you charge customer B. In this way the insurance companies are not paying any more or any less than the cash customers. The pricing of any procedure and all related procedures should also be mandated to be disclosed up front so consumers can make informed decisions.

We also need to get rid of the backroom billing. The bill should go first to the consumer for review, and then the consumer should make sure the pricing and procedures on the bill are correct, and then make the decision of what to send in to the insurance company and what to pay out of pocket.

In addition, we need to get rid of the enormous liability cost of practicing medicine. These professionals are going to make mistakes, run into known complications, and have some surgeries that go better than others. We need to put strict mandates on what can be sued and what cannot be sued, and we need to get rid of the need for exorbitant malpractice insurance. We already have regulatory agencies that can suspend or revoke licenses of bad doctors, we don't need a punitive civil liability system.

Fix those 3 simple things, and then let the free market work for about 2 years, and then see where we can tweak and simplify the laws even more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join