It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Obamacare does not provide primary to health care to all Americans. It only adds layers of government control to the current system and so far has done nothing to lower costs which are already outrageous. It did nothing to address the real issues of health care being too expensive. Taxes are too high for Americans who work already, with too many people freeloading off the system.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by RobinB022

actually no.
SurveyUSA conducted the poll, not The Huffington Post.

So you see, regardless of who publishes, prints or reports this figure; 77% is still majority.
I think even Glenn Beck himself would agree with that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I accidently starred your post (meaning to click 'quote')
Anyway.......I was a Dem whenever Obama was elected and I believed him on the whole hope & change issue/s, as such, I'm not a fond of G.Beck.
Thank you for correcting me on the HP issue of votes.

Where I stand on the health-care proposed by Obama-I'm against most of it, which means I'm against all of it. Entirely too much going on in that Bill that has nothing to do with health-care.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Reply to post by Hardstepah

Lets all ask ourselves a very important and overdue question, ATS............when was the last time either party really did something which was not poll, politically, or financially driven for themselves, for the American people?
We live within the intangible confines of a profit and control driven government and we argue about the recent scorecard. How backwards have we become? How do we start to repair what is so glaringly destroyed?

True. And sadly, most people can't or won't, and simply refuse to even look at anything like this anymore. Those who do offer sound advice and answers are routinely ignored, or worse, reply with what "their side" has or will do..even if most are outright untruths..or wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

The problem with this statement is that none of them would have rammed this down our throats. And if they had I would still be against it just as many democrats are against it right now. It is a mess and it may or may not have good intentions but it is going to cause a lot more problems than it is worth. My problem is, why wont people see this for what it is. It is a program to help the welfare recipients some more rather than helping them get jobs.

Our healthcare system has flaws. We all know that. Why not fix those flaws rather than pass something this un popular that still doesnt fix the flaws while introducing more problems? It was just something to hang a hat on and say. "Yep, I was the first to do that". Well great..

The only people(originally) yelling about it being rammed down our throats were the Republicans who didn't want this President to accomplish ANYTHING, much less something as monumental as health care reform. There have been Presidents from both parties since the 30's who have tried and failed. Perhaps it was time for a little ramming. Oh, and FYI, up until 2007 I was staunch Republican (I'm 50), always voted Republican, bought into the whole "party of evangelicals" crap, but unfortunately, I refused to turn off my brain. All that said, I still hate the mandate, and Roberts would probably not have flipped if the dissenters had settled for dropping just that, but they wanted to scrap the whole thing. Besides, the mandate was a Republican idea, they didn't start having strokes over it until Obama did it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The traditional american system is either you can afford it or its tough, if you cant afford healthcare then its tough you'll die unless someone feels generous (chairity)

Bull crap.. Do you even live here? If you have a job you can afford healthcare. Its not all that expensive but you have to go down and apply for a job, Gee that sucks.. You might have to get off food stamps and work. I have been covering my own healthcare since I moved out of mom and dads 20+ years ago. Whether I was making $7 per/hr or on up, I have had my own healthcare. Some insurers were better than others but I worked and had healthcare. Its a choice in this country just like it is a choice to either work or try to live off the system in which case you wont have healthcare. But your not going to go die because of it. You just have to pay the bill after your treated and most of those people dont pay the bill. They let it go to collections or file bankruptcy on it. People act like we just send everyone off to die without insurance. Do you think the illegals are here because we dont help them? Bull.. If you dont live here and dont know how our system works then shut up about it. You dont have a clue.

You know, that's all well and good, but I watched a good friends wife die of cancer because his insurance company wouldn't send her to the Cancer Institute because her husbands job was in Missouri and the Institute was in Oklahoma. I really hope that company goes bankrupt. And some people don't get healthcare because they can't afford it, and are too proud to accept "charity" or to just not pay their bills. I know more people who are like that than I do people who just go and then not pay.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm not against the concept per se, but I'm against the way it's implemented. I am not against the government implementing programs to help people who need it.

First of all, it's the government meddling in things that it shouldn't be meddling in.

In short, it's telling people that they have to get health care, and they have no choice but o pay for it one way or another. If you don't pay for it, you will be fined.

That's nothing more than extortion.

And the problem is that it's forcing people to do this.

And I don't see why people are okay with that.

And yes, I feel the same way about car insurance.

People shouldn't have to be forced to pay for something they don't want.

And most people just don't want this.

Basically, it's the government bullying people into submission.

And the real reason? When you trace the money, somebody will get rich off of it. Which is what this is really all about. It's not about helping people, it's all about the government increasing it's power and helping the rich people get even richer.

Because let's face it, it will hurt a lot of people because a lot of people just can't afford it.

If a person is making only $1,500 dollars, a fine or a payment of several hundred dollars is a big hit out of their paycheck.

And to top it off, many more people who will be paying into it will never benefit from it.

These are my issues with it.

This is not truly for helping people.

It's just another scam by the rich to get even richer.

So I will no longer call it the United States Of America, but the Looted States of America. It's supposed to be a government for the people and by the people, not just a select few elitist snobs who care nothing for anybody else but their own interests.

George Washington thought otherwise when he mandated that every American home own a firearm. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Americans are predominantly against Obamacare because it is one huge monstrosity of a Big Government program several thousand pages long with spooky and vague parts in it that nobody understands.
reply to post by queenofswords

I agree. I can also add that those vague areas can be found in almost all legislation that is controversial, because there will be an amendment added, or there is a section that needs to be referred to that isn't revealed yet. This bill has a series of rules and programs that are implemented at different times (like the frog in the pot of water). I can tell you, I have been going over it, and it will take months it is written intentionally in a way that to find answers you have to study it, cross check conditions, stipulations, etc. (the bad stuff is the vague stuff, I know this from...reading a lot of legislation, I learned long ago, not to believe what I'm told, read the written law). You can only blame these presidents for doing what they are told, Obama did not create this bill.
With that said, you should support this bill if you are ok with the government micromanaging your life, because that is the intent.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, we are mandated to have insurance or be penalized through taxation to get insurance. Sounds like a boon for the insurance companies. It's not publicly supported like other nations have set up. One the other hand, 40% of the budget goes for defence. During the height of the Iraq War, one billion per month was being spent, maybe still idk. If a nation can spend 1B a month on war, it can spend 1B a month on healthcare.
Like others, I've worked in crap jobs but still have covered myself and family with health insurance. Like many things with this administration, I've been realy disappointed. The system needs overhauled...not pad the pockets of insurance companies.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I haven't liked it since that bat # crazy harpy Pelosi said "We have to pass the bill so we can know what's in it." That pretty much told me that they didn't know what the hell they were doing with this bill.
reply to post by Darkrunner

Ha, glad you reminded me of Pelosi.... if anyone can find one of her speeches, when she tells in her speech that they intend to micromanage all of our lives. I believe it was one of the healthcare speeches (an early speech). I recall she was all excited and happy. Sorry, I couldn't find it , I don't have time tonight to go though them, she has a lot.
Anywho... there are a lot of hints that came out during speeches. This bill has not been read by most of those who voted on it (probably none of them, it takes months to get through it) but the complete control of healthcare including you, is in there and the top people do know this. Watch, these people in the medical field have a big decision to make (I suppose the administrators are already vetted), I am curious person... this is an interesting/exciting time to be alive.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Because I'll be fined or put in jail if I lose my job and suddenly have to let my health insurance lapse in order to pay my rent or buy food.

Because the threshold for Medicaid that was set is way, way too low to be reasonable, and if I'm earning 15k a year I won't qualify, even though I'll barely be making above minimum wage and will definitely be the working poor. I understand that I'll get a nice tax credit at the end of the year, but that doesn't help me when I'm going through that first year and paying 200 and 300 dollars a month of my 1200 dollar a month bring home, yet somehow I have to pay rent, buy food, and buy gas.

The bottom line is that it's just another attack on the poor and middle class. Down on your luck for a little while? Here's a sock in the gut from the government on your taxes.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Sorry about that I may have hit reply to the wrong person. It wasn't meant to be a reply to you.

second

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by Svipdagr

i'm actually supposed to get victims compensation for it but it's yet to be paid. my state is one of the worst regarding healthcare.

In that case, you should ave your bills, get a lawyer and the cause of your injury should be responsible for your bill or a victim 's compensation fund.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Reply to post by Hardstepah

Hardstepah, I am so tired of the whole "team" routine myself.

Neo96, god bless him, make it abundantly clear how awful the situation becomes when you get caught up in its snare. He was obviously upste about the ruling and went on a mini-rant that the GOP should receive credit for the bill because they were in favor of a mandate even 20 years ago.
To say that is sad is an understatement. It's like he isn't in the least concerned with the actual situation as much as he is upset that "his team" lost the ruling.

We all need to stop this way of thinking. Through non economic issues like abortion and gay rights and gun control, we have become divided to the extreme. Yet no matter which social issue side you're associated with, both parties are continually striving to only further the agenda of giant business. This couldn't be more clear with the recent ruling on ACA, and the fact that Romeny is the other choice now. The godfather of insurance mandate himself.

Lets all ask ourselves a very important and overdue question, ATS............when was the last time either party really did something which was not poll, politically, or financially driven for themselves
, for the American people?
We live within the intangible confines of a profit and control driven government and we argue about the recent scorecard. How backwards have we become? How do we start to repair what is so glaringly destroyed?

You are correct. Entitlement programs are bout buying votes, not helping the people

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Why would any civilized person complain about making primary healthcare available to all instead of just those that have the cash to pay for it?

How can a population of a developed nation like the USA complain about paying extra taxes for this when their current government invests more money in war than all other nations combines accross the globe?

Just saying.

Because the Obamacare legislation has nothing at all to do with health care. it has EVERYTHING to do with providing a guaranteed income for health insurance corporations by governmental edict that all must pay these corporations.

Health care and health insurance are not at all the same thing.

The effect is to force them to pay a "tax" (monies paid by governmental edict) to a private corporation. When private companies collect taxes from the citizenry at governmental insistence, it is, by definition, fascism.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And this is a bunch of crap! In 2007, I had a heart attack. I had no insurance. I was poor - still am! I didn't call 911 - figured since I didn't have insurance, I would either survive it or die. Someone else called 911. When they got there I told them very clearly I didn't have insurance and didn't have much money, so they were not obligated to take me to the hospital. I told the hospital the same thing. I told AirLife the same thing. I woke up while the doctor was putting a stint in and told him the same thing. They ALL told me not to worry about it. They all treated me.

So, anybody that says uninsured, poor people can't get medical care is just full of bull. That is NOT true!

Originally posted by havanaja

THis is a reply to “EVILSADAMCLONE” who commented: “...And to top it off, many more people who will be paying into it will never benefit from it…”

In any insurance plan, the is the whole point of 100% participation is that the individual cost goes way down and one is PROTECTED FROM UNPREDICTABLE MISFORTUNE. Cnsider oneself lucky if nothing happens to you…but if it does, then you’re damn glad you have insurance, otherwise your’re out on the streets. Are you complaining about auto insurance, too? and business owners will get more productivity and less missed sick days.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's already the law here in the US that they HAVE to stabilize you, whether you can pay or not, or have insurance or not. They can have you transferred to another facility that deals with low income care, but they have to stabilize you first. Any hospital that receives any kind of federal funding (which is almost all that are public) is bound by this law.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No, only morons with an IQ below 80 would even think of posting such claptrap about people they don't even know.

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Because the average citizen of the USA is a total scum bag and a psychopath. Not to mention the vast majority of them have I.Q.s in the low 80s range.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

Your right, people always wants to hide what they really feel and try to sugar coated, or write something subliminal as to why. So funny how people try to disguise there true feelings. In fact, it is not even funny it is embarrassing.
edit on 30-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

It's all code for, "That liberal Harvard-yard black guy did it and a neo-con Wall Street white guy didn't."

You have to understand the Karl Rove way> Neo-con Wall Street white guy must be a super political hero in the hearts and minds of the useful idiots “Teavangelicals” video.msnbc.msn.com...
so they will bring him to power. Then the neo-con Wall Street white guy will permanently intrench the American plutocracy of a supreme oligarchy declaring neo-con Wall Street white guy Presidente' For Life by constructing and using an extreme crises to do so. Karl Brandt Rove will then euthanize these useful idiots using the Paul Ryan excuse "they cost too much money" as they will no longer be useful while making sure all socially conscious empathetic Americans join them in the camps too,... of course, less those needed to make luxury goods and services for the plutocratic oligarchs.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The denial you are in about your dear leader is just stunning. What's the matter bro? You mad because he isn't even close to who you thought he was?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Why would any civilized person complain about making primary healthcare available to all instead of just those that have the cash to pay for it?

A civilized person wouldn't complain, but that isn't what this HCR is planning to do. And there is much more to this than what your question implies.

How can a population of a developed nation like the USA complain about paying extra taxes for this when their current government invests more money in war than all other nations combines accross the globe?

One wrong does not negate another wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.
HealthCare is one thing that is going to be lacking under this new..Bill? Law? Tax?
It will be more difficult to find a Dr willing to take new patients who are on this new 'plan', simply because of the payments the Drs are willing to accept.

Already my Dr.,who I have been with for over 10 yrs., is starting to drop certain pts. who are on medicaid/medicare. Another Dr. who I have been with for almost 3 yrs is dropping pts because the govt wont pay for certain procedures, and this hasn't even been completely impletemented yet. Both of my Drs are bringing me into their office more frequently (one a month as opposed to every 3 months), as a means to get paid for more office visits.. because they simply can't do as many procedures. And those on the Hill know exactly what and why these things are happening-they have had many meetings w/ many Drs and understand exactly what's going on and to where this leads. Cost cutting in one area affects another area and so on and so on,etc., but they all know this. And my once a month visits are getting me no better treatment, if anything it's worse.

I could go on and on, but my point is that getting a good Dr/s is going to be more and more difficult for those relying on this new HCR, while those who are wealthy will not notice the change in their care.. or taxes.

Also, it has been said that one would have to be an attorney to understand the written Bill as it is, and a very good attorney at that. Oh,and many more reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join