It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This has nothing to do for the well being of the people. It is just disguised as such so people will swallow it better.

It is just another attack on personal freedom, it sets a precedent that the government can tell you what you have to buy. Can't wait till the government tells you that you have to buy government bonds (because that is another huge bubble that is about to pop)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Basic economics says when a government spends more than it takes in: investment and savings are effected; this is why everyone should be against obamacare – no one can argue against this extremely basic economic law. Also Americans do not liked to be told what they should do, not to mention what they have to.

The healthcare industry is based on rent seeking profiteers – this is why it has become so expensive – aka big pharma, which goes against the Hippocratic Oath in more ways than one. Synthetic patents should be rendered illegal. The R&D that goes into producing this crap is astronomical.

Subsidizing healthcare will not make it more affordable - that is idiotic, and not to mention an appeal to ignorance. We subsidize farmers so that they may maintain a livable income by reducing production so that the markets promote a reasonable price for their goods. This cannot apply to a service, its basic people.

A few steps down this path we may all be taking a preventative cocktail of God knows what…

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If you're a liberal you must be pretty happy these days. In the coming election the choices are between a liberal, and another liberal.

If you're not a liberal, you're screwed.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceLeatherneck
It just happens to be the largest TAX INCREASE in the history of our Country and the working stiff will be paying for it and they are the ones that already insurance.

When will the proletariat realize the Elites don't care about them and that the Elites will always control everything by design.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I haven't read through all 16 pages so far, and perhaps another healthcare worker has chimed in, but as a current healthcare worker let me asure you that Obamacare will kill more people than our current system. In a nut shell Obamacare means we all get to rot equally. I'm not against a national healthcare system, other countries have implemented them quite nicely. Governments spend money on infrastructure for roads, water facilities, building codes for safety etc... incorporating healthcare into that infrastructure makes sense, why not have a safety net for the people using those roads, and buildings, and all the other infrastructure?

However the problem with Obamacare is twofold #1 it makes purchasing a product mandatory, and that in, and of itself is wrong, unconstitutional, and immoral. #2 It is a revenue gathering vehicle of galactic proportions masquerading as national healthcare. It's the largest tax hike in history, and people are cheering for it. Humans really are morons. I don't want to live on this planet anymore! Even in well run national healthcare programs people fall throught the cracks, no system is perfect, but Obamacare isn't even good. When it's your turn to die on palliative measures only please write your senator a glowing letter of how much you love your new healthcare system that is letting you die of a previously treated condition because you are too expensive to fix, and you don't have enough usefulness to the government left to justify the cost.

These new measures are coming under fluffy new names like L.E.A.N. and iCare. In short if you cost too much to fix you're going to the scrap yard like your old car. If the current administration has their complete way you won't even be able to pay extra out of pocket if you want to. There are THOUSANDS of reasons to be very concerned, and fight this new heathcare bill. The most important reason being your health, and ability to make your own decisions about what resources you wish brought to bare in keeping it. It's all about to be decided for you, and you aren't going to like the outcome.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Binder because: typos

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Thanks. I agree with you 100%. It's frustrating that this is where we find ourselves as a society in regards to government. "You don't want Obamacare? So you want poor sick people to die what's wrong with you?" This is literally the mindset of many people and that is very frightening. Their thinking is so superficial it's sickening. They assume that if it's a bill dealing with healthcare it must automatically be good.

Like you pointed out, public schooling is very much part of the problem (in my opinion it's most definitely the root of the problem). I only started to come to my senses politically by doing my own research outside of school.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

American's want Healthcare reform and the overwhelming majority of American's WANT A PUBLIC OPTION (similar to Canada, UK etc).

No they don't! Only the half who think they are getting a free lunch and voted Democrat in the last election do.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by Binder

If you cost too much to fix you'll die?

Are you saying that insurance companies will not cover procedures that one may need under the ACA?
Why is that? And more specifically, if that is in fact the case, would the problem not rest with said insurance company and not the ACA itself?
I don't understand why you're saying this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

77 percent isn't most?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't like it for a variety of reasons. First of all it's the government forcing us to buy their healthcare. We should not be forced to have this program or any other for that matter by our government. Secondly our elected officials are supposed to represent the will of the people and not force their own ideas down our throat. They are not listening to the people and don't seem to care what we the people want.

Whether you believe government mandated health care is a good idea or bad idea is strictly your own opinion. The idea that the government doesn't seem to care what the people want is the most glaring issue here as far as I'm concerned
edit on 30-6-2012 by davcon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

People actually DO like the provisions in the bill...but there has been so much negative propaganda from the Republicans...that they just THINK they don't like it.
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Really? You mean the stuff that the politicians and the media say are in there, or actually what is in there? Tell me what provisions are you referring too? Also, You don't find anything wrong with the government micromanaging every aspect of your life? I understand some people don't mind being told what they can and cannot do in their own home, how they take care of their own body, including what they consume, but others see that as very intrusive and unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by davcon

Its not forcing us to buy government healthcare though.
If affordable, we must purchase from private companies. The one's who've created the problem of skyrocketing prices. Hospital charges 500 dollars for Acetaminophen and insurance companies raise premiums as a result. That's why healthcare is so damned expensive. It's nothing to do with gubbmint

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Right now the system more times than not works on a "Do it now, and figure out the cost later." paradigm. Under the new rules where the money is coming from will be figured out before the procedure. When a patient is in crisis you have minutes to do things sometimes seconds. All I have to do is gum the wheels with a little red tape, and you are dead, and not a problem anymore. It is already happening. I have seen it in action already in just the last 6 months, and the new policy is just now official. Now that the insurance agency is legally justified in dragging their heels how much more pandering will occur while you lay in bed and die?

There is a difference between application, and theory. People get all knowledgeable on policy and protocol, and forget that in application rules are bent, and documentation filled in after the fact to satisfy the protocols. The new environment of care coming is one of wait, and see if things don't "Work themselves out." Then we don't have to pay for that extra procedure. I'm telling you what is happening in the real world not what the politicians, and legislators are putting on paper to assuage your feelings.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

WRONG.

0% support for Bush, McCain, and Romney.

I would be 100% vocal,as I was with The Patriot act,That Obama clearly kept alive. Some Laws/Bills are just wrong .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
This has nothing to do for the well being of the people. It is just disguised as such so people will swallow it better.

It is just another attack on personal freedom, it sets a precedent that the government can tell you what you have to buy. Can't wait till the government tells you that you have to buy government bonds (because that is another huge bubble that is about to pop)

Great Pic !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You're saying that under the ACA, all medical personel must have "clearance" or an allowed "green light" from the insurance company prior to dealing with the emergency dying patient? That a surgeon will not go in and do what has to be done because he has to check with Aetna first?
Is that for real?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
your puppy dog will be my food chain while some one is takeing care of you , i have been homeless pottatochips on the side walk look realy good the ants didnt eat much haha.stop looking for help youll starve or be there slave my ammo is no match for there war toys its only for food, and a peace of mind while i sleep.you need two go out at night and see your america.the war to servive... our government has the working class working for gas they know there problem will be the people that take care of there self, still thank for there self, right now i have my own insurance, job ,money, gas in my tank, i no what to do if that all goes away..obama is there puppet he will keep saying we can i say only if i want to...you will stand in line for water while the stores are closed ill be drinking out of a river..good luck finding help.when the government wants to help theres a price

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Don't doctors take a hypocratic oath whereby they promise never to negatively impact a patient if they can help it?

You're saying that in effect, the ACA is going to put into practice a situation where doctors have to knowingly not treat a patient because of financial politics?

How is that the fault of the ACA? If anything, I would say that the act is trying to do the exact opposite and that the problem is glaringly with the guy holding the scalpel.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Don't doctors take a hypocratic oath whereby they promise never to negatively impact a patient if they can help it?

You're saying that in effect, the ACA is going to put into practice a situation where doctors have to knowingly not treat a patient because of financial politics?

How is that the fault of the ACA? If anything, I would say that the act is trying to do the exact opposite and that the problem is glaringly with the guy holding the scalpel.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

I know the feeling as I was told a few days ago on the forum to all the baby boomers.
quote,
"Why don't you all just die already."

They need to get rid of us you know, after that good luck having enough of our tax dollars to pay for your healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join