It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans prodominantly against Obamacare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why would any civilized person complain about making primary healthcare available to all instead of just those that have the cash to pay for it?

How can a population of a developed nation like the USA complain about paying extra taxes for this when their current government invests more money in war than all other nations combines accross the globe?

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is simple really, People don't like change. For better or worse.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

yeah being a non-american i thought y'll would be pleased
since you healthcare sterotypically sucks
..just saying thats all :S

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think a lot of people don't understand Obamacare. I don't. And it's not for lack of trying. That's not to say a good understanding of it would change a lot of minds, but many people are confused about the whole thing and may think differently if they weren't. I say this without bias, btw. It's all I've got since I still don't have a firm grip on exactly how Obamacare is supposed to be carried out.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seriously, have you been reading the 200 pages of posts since yesterday's ruling? There are a multitude of reasons most Americans are not supporting this POS.

Read the posts for your answers

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the racism card to be played.
Personally I'm against it because I didn't see anything wrong with the system we had. Fix the areas that needed fixing, simple. You don't have to tear down the whole thing, you don't need to eneact this nightmare called obama care.

+52 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

The political "game" is in the forefront, and stronger (and more apparent) than ever! Politics is a game. If your "team" makes a point, you celebrate. If the opponent makes a point, you whine and complain. Sadly, that's the landscape of the American voting public today.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

People actually DO like the provisions in the bill...but there has been so much negative propaganda from the Republicans...that they just THINK they don't like it.

See this thread for a poll that shows this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jutes

yeah being a non-american i thought y'll would be pleased
since you healthcare sterotypically sucks
..just saying thats all :S

American Healthcare is awful, you only get what you can afford.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The traditional american system is either you can afford it or its tough, if you cant afford healthcare then its tough you'll die unless someone feels generous (chairity)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Because it says Obama in it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Need something to complain about.

Remember many people thought Obama was going to get slammed. Boenher said don't gloat, etc etc. It shocked them when they found out Obama won again.

Some people don't like Obama to have a good day.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's true. People don't like change. But I suspect that if it were "McCainCare" or "BushCare" or even "RomneyCare", the same people protesting it so strongly now would be the ones who would support it 100%...

The problem with this statement is that none of them would have rammed this down our throats. And if they had I would still be against it just as many democrats are against it right now. It is a mess and it may or may not have good intentions but it is going to cause a lot more problems than it is worth. My problem is, why wont people see this for what it is. It is a program to help the welfare recipients some more rather than helping them get jobs.

Our healthcare system has flaws. We all know that. Why not fix those flaws rather than pass something this un popular that still doesnt fix the flaws while introducing more problems? It was just something to hang a hat on and say. "Yep, I was the first to do that". Well great..

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The traditional american system is either you can afford it or its tough, if you cant afford healthcare then its tough you'll die unless someone feels generous (chairity)

Bull crap.. Do you even live here? If you have a job you can afford healthcare. Its not all that expensive but you have to go down and apply for a job, Gee that sucks.. You might have to get off food stamps and work. I have been covering my own healthcare since I moved out of mom and dads 20+ years ago. Whether I was making $7 per/hr or on up, I have had my own healthcare. Some insurers were better than others but I worked and had healthcare. Its a choice in this country just like it is a choice to either work or try to live off the system in which case you wont have healthcare. But your not going to go die because of it. You just have to pay the bill after your treated and most of those people dont pay the bill. They let it go to collections or file bankruptcy on it. People act like we just send everyone off to die without insurance. Do you think the illegals are here because we dont help them? Bull.. If you dont live here and dont know how our system works then shut up about it. You dont have a clue.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wonder why NO ONE call out the misleading title of this thread - which is either an ignorant one without actual valid statistical fact, or more troublesome, the typical sleight of hand by cunning propagandists to tell others what to think, typical of shills in ther real world and here.

It's one's freedom to speak and post, but another's to respond or not to. Nor is one obligated to be spoon fed here, for it is often more cherished and treasured when one searches and seek for facts by their own efforts than to rely on others for it.

May each follow this site's motto - to deny ignorance, and not be played for fools.

Good luck and cheers! :-)

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm not against the concept per se, but I'm against the way it's implemented. I am not against the government implementing programs to help people who need it.

First of all, it's the government meddling in things that it shouldn't be meddling in.

In short, it's telling people that they have to get health care, and they have no choice but o pay for it one way or another. If you don't pay for it, you will be fined.

That's nothing more than extortion.

And the problem is that it's forcing people to do this.

And I don't see why people are okay with that.

And yes, I feel the same way about car insurance.

People shouldn't have to be forced to pay for something they don't want.

And most people just don't want this.

Basically, it's the government bullying people into submission.

And the real reason? When you trace the money, somebody will get rich off of it. Which is what this is really all about. It's not about helping people, it's all about the government increasing it's power and helping the rich people get even richer.

Because let's face it, it will hurt a lot of people because a lot of people just can't afford it.

If a person is making only $1,500 dollars, a fine or a payment of several hundred dollars is a big hit out of their paycheck.

And to top it off, many more people who will be paying into it will never benefit from it.

These are my issues with it.

This is not truly for helping people.

It's just another scam by the rich to get even richer.

So I will no longer call it the United States Of America, but the Looted States of America. It's supposed to be a government for the people and by the people, not just a select few elitist snobs who care nothing for anybody else but their own interests.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think that a majority of Americans are compassionate people that are willing to pay higher premiums to aid the less fortunate...to a point.

I dont normally think this way but I think its time to put the oars in the water and row the boat away from those who cant fit. Any more and it will capsize us all.

Didnt Ben Franklin say...

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

If he were alive today I can just imagine him saying "Told ya so.."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The answer to your question: They are just stupid. the more people you have the dumber the population will be. The dumber the population will be the dumber the system will be, the dumber the system will be, the dumber the products and services will be, until one that actually makes sense is dumb down and made to be a conspiracy.

How is subsidized health care a bad thing at all Jesus H Christ.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Everything government touches turns to crap.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The political "game" is in the forefront, and stronger (and more apparent) than ever! Politics is a game. If your "team" makes a point, you celebrate. If the opponent makes a point, you whine and complain. Sadly, that's the landscape of the American voting public today.

I voted for Obama, hated Bush, don't like Romney, and I want this healthcare repealed!

2000 pages rammed down our throats, who knows what's really all in it, but we are supposed to shut up and accept it?

Now it's a tax, but that tax is for something you Have to buy or you are penalty taxed. But if you are an illegal alien you will now get free healthcare without worry, the citizens are officially covering you. You now will be told by our GOVERNMENT what healthcare will be allowed for you. Think you need a pacemaker? We'll see if you pass the strict guidelines for one.

Let's not forget that the guidelines for companies in offering healthcare, will push many companies to go with all Partime workers, to cut costs. Who does that hurt?

Let's not forget we already had a good working system for Citizens. If you were poor you could get medicaid.

Peoploe seem to think something is going to be different now, Just watch, it will, but not in a better way. Go to Canada and see how long they wait for procedures that we get in a day. The government is not in the business of caring about people's health, they just want control of more of your money.

C

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join