It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I was reading on Wikipedia about cycles in weather from the 20th century to date and found that here in the US back in the 50's there was a massive heat wave followed by a deadly cold winter. Of course this weather is far worse than back in the 50's but that was all they had to deal with to date.

In the distant past the Native's would travel for food and hunting but I wonder how much of that was actually weather related?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

At least you got rain. We didn't get any this entire month. I don't even know what rain is anymore. Isn't it water or something that falls from the sky? I think I read a book about it somewhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am thinking maybe I should be stocking my wood pile! The only problem is, it is way too dang hot to be playing lumber jack right now. Eh...maybe next month. I am anxious about the temps for early August which are normally the hottest. I think at this point I will either melt in the heat or it might be snowing. Who knows.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Here in Northern NJ are on the "cold" side of the front

Temps here are only 95 F.........

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegade1179
[more
At least you got rain. We didn't get any this entire month. I don't even know what rain is anymore. Isn't it water or something that falls from the sky? I think I read a book about it somewhere.

God, the weather is so weird at the moment, so diverse. Where i am, (wales uk), it hasnt stopped raining for what seems like weeks, and its dead windy too. Now, i know the british weather is rubbish, but this is pretty bad for summer.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Send some of the sunshine up here in WA st, as its been raining consistently pretty much this whole summer were I am at. But 115 degrees, DAM that's beyond my threshold, or nowhere near what people are used to up here.

Sh*t 90 degree weather and I am trying to avoid being to much in the sun. At 115 % I think everybody would be cooking in there own juices, it would be like living in a oven.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Gosh I am already dying from heat exposure.. I have the A/C going., and it doesn't even feel like it's on and the Fan going at the same time. This weather suppose to last us all week.

Last week it was a line of storms from heck, now this week it's like the storms opened up the gates of hell.

Waiting for the storms to come back.....

Sunday we're supposedly suppose to get some thunder showers. Hopefully.

I hate when it's gets way to hot, then everyone becomes cranky.

Be careful for wishing for thurnderstorms - that's what likely caused the loss of all of those homes in Colorado. I live on the East Coast and my state has 400 thousand people without power after a nasty line of storms blew through here last night. Worst I can remember since 1994 (around here).

Also cable/internet was out all day. T-storms feel cool while they are happening, but in this kind of weather the temp goes right back up the next day.

Now if we could only get those cows to stop breaking wind. That's what took on the Dino's, you know

edit on 30-6-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I remember around July 4, 1976 it hit 111 degrees here.
That's the hottest I remember but I bet today broke it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The all time high was broken in Atlanta. 106F. Some places even hotter!

The crazy, oppressive heat that buckled records Saturday will squat over metro Atlanta for at least another day before giving way to downright pleasant-sounding double-digits.

Saturday's high hit 106, making it the hottest day ever in the state of Georgia. The new mark breaks the previous record of 105, last seen in July 1980.

www.ajc.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

A King Tut Exhibition. Now that sounds like totally wild.

Knew I should of put in some vacation days.

Dang...

That would be totally cool to see.

Not worth it if it's the same one from Toronto that's touring. They didn't even have his death mask there...only a cheap knock off.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy......

He says pop up thunderstorms! Could be good news or bad. I do know we need the water but, I really dislike tornadoes.

Nashville tied another record high today at 106-degrees. Yesterday of course we set a new ALL TIME RECORD HIGH yesterday of 109°. Tonight expect no rain and overall a very nice night. Just very hot in the overnight hours. Will drop down to 77 degrees early Sunday AM. And we may not be done setting records. You can expect another hot day on Sunday with an afternoon high 0f 104-degrees. That will be another one for the record books.
Humidity levels and dew point temperatures will start to go up over the next 5 days. The upper level high causing the heat wave and dry conditions will slowly begin to slip to the southeast and by Tuesday be centered over southeast Georgia. That will allow a chance for some pop up scattered t'showers starting Tuesday and continuing through the 7 Day Forecast.

Source

Sorry Georgia for sending you our sloppy seconds. I am done with this thing though, so you can have it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Gosh I am already dying from heat exposure.. I have the A/C going., and it doesn't even feel like it's on and the Fan going at the same time. This weather suppose to last us all week.

Last week it was a line of storms from heck, now this week it's like the storms opened up the gates of hell.

Waiting for the storms to come back.....

Sunday we're supposedly suppose to get some thunder showers. Hopefully.

I hate when it's gets way to hot, then everyone becomes cranky.

As we near December 21st it's going to get weirder and weirder.....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Send some of that rain my way please
We have a burn ban here. One guy had a fire in his backyard and got hit with a $200 fine. If he roasted some marshmallows, those turned out to be some expensive marshmallows lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yeah you are in Tn? Pretty close to me here in mo. much the same weather for sure. Hopefully this heat wave will be the same as last years that came in late July through Mid August. Seems as if we have been a month ahead all year long. If that is the case we could see early winter or no winter at all again.

You know we did not get any black berries to speak of this year and they are always coming on in last week of June through mid July. They came and went within a week in the beginning of June. We never even got to pick any.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

And normally a nice summer rain is so wonderful, I used to love to go out and work the gardens or just walk in it, but now the weird stuff that falls from the skies when it rains causes plants to get burnt looking spots and junk, so no I avoid the rain as much as possible now.
Test the rain ruined it for me...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here in Newfoundland we had a long past winter. Things are starting to heat up a bit, with temperatures rarely exceeding 80C. Typically, the past few summers have been more mild, lots of cool winds. As of this year so far we've been having a couple weeks of 45-60C, followed by a scattered few days of 80C. I expect July and August to get as high as 90C and to be a bit muggy outside. Humidity is terrible here some days.

I've got a bad feeling about hurricane season, and winter once it hits.

Everyday now all I'm hearing about is how a new record was broken somewhere weather-wise. It has been consistent like that since around the middle of 2011.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The bad thing I'm waiting to happen in this heat and drought is the approaching 4th of July holiday.
I said no fireworks this year to my kids.
I hope others follow suit.

Otherwise we could have a whole lot more fires.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I hear ya! I am almost afraid to even go watch them at the public shoot off. I think we will stay in the back this year and have an escape route planned. They have talked about canceling them but, I guess they are still on for now.

ETA are you naked
? Or is ATS just playing funny with your avatar?

edit on 30-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm in Rhode Island.
I looked out at the thermometer today and thought to myself "thank God it's only 90!"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

ETA are you naked? Or is ATS just playing funny with your avatar?

I'm a nude sunbather.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join