It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Is it sad that I am actually looking forward to the 90 degree temps?

Nashville reached an all-time record high of 109-degrees Friday afternoon, breaking the previous record of 107 set in July of 1952. Nashville hit 105 degrees Thursday, exceeding 100 degrees for the first time since last August and also breaking the previous record of 104 set in 1952. The extreme heat is expected to continue through at least the weekend and the humidity will begin to play a factor by the weekend. The dry weather continues through next week with temperatures forecasted in the upper 90s on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

WKRN.com

Rain rain come to stay, and then come come back some other day.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yeah its HOT here today in Myrtle Beach,,,,,,gets so hot here that the water isnt even refreshing cause its hot too,,seems like hot days like this spawn tornados and storms across the mid west to here...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Last year we (mid atlantic) had a day here that had a heat index of 128 degrees.
It was the hottest day I've ever been in ... at least in this lifetime anyways.

Where ya been spending those other lifetimes, Flyer?
LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hehe, guess i'm living it up in Oz. I admit we had a nasty storm but other than that the weather as been pretty warm despite the gloom. Still not cold enough, needs snow
I WANNA SNOW!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

The high tempretures yesterday sparked a few severe storms last night in the coastal Virginia area. We had trees down and power lines down and the news this morning said that almost half a million customers in northern Va and the DC area were without power. I was ready do go to sleep last night when I heard a loud crash outside. A large branch fell out of a pine tree and landed on the garage roof. No damage but it got me out of bed and after that I was wide awake for an hour or two. In answer to the OPs question. No we didnt open the gates of hell although it feels like it. Its a heat wave and its not unusual especially since its summer in the northern hemisphere.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Last year we (mid atlantic) had a day here that had a heat index of 128 degrees.
It was the hottest day I've ever been in ... at least in this lifetime anyways.

Where ya been spending those other lifetimes, Flyer?
LOL

Obviously someplace cooler ! LOL.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by avatard

The high tempretures yesterday sparked a few severe storms last night in the coastal Virginia area. We had trees down and power lines down and the news this morning said that almost half a million customers in northern Va and the DC area were without power. I was ready do go to sleep last night when I heard a loud crash outside. A large branch fell out of a pine tree and landed on the garage roof. No damage but it got me out of bed and after that I was wide awake for an hour or two. In answer to the OPs question. No we didnt open the gates of hell although it feels like it. Its a heat wave and its not unusual especially since its summer in the northern hemisphere.

I don't know,karen,it feels like hell here in KY!

Those storms left about 2 million without power.
Could you imagine in this heat wave,no power??

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Im in Arkansas It sure does feel like Hell right now, Its been over 105 for the last week, and that doesnt even factor in the Humidity, its enough to take your breath away. Sucks bad. And then when I go to work and have to work around 2000 degree ovens its gets dangerous. have to keep drinking, I found it hard to have an appetite, i feel like my body has gone into a preservation mode, Drink drink drink. Im hoping the Humidity goes away, I can deal with the heat, its the Humidity just drains your body. The Law band the use of Fireworks this holiday, and have put out city wide bans on the use of water for your cars and lawns from 10pm - 6 am, I think they should just keep that though, people waste way too much water on there lawns IMO
edit on 30-6-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Dear god no power in this
heat?

edit on 103030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is a repeat of the weather conditions found in the USA during the famed Dust Bowl, when crops failed due to heat and lack of rain. Interestingly it was also around the same time as the Great Depression.

I live near Rochester NY and temps, while approaching 90 during daytime and 60 at night, are fairly common here. The corn is approaching 6' and it isn't yet July 4th.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes I can imagine. We were a few weeks without power after some hurricanes. Hey thats why they make those windows that go up and down. You can open them. Our ancestors didnt have A/C and we're here to prove that you dont need it to live.

Those storms last night caused a lot of damage. The winds ahead of the front were fierce.

Kdog, I hardly recognized you behind those foster grants. Must be somthing to that superman/ Clark Kent thing where if you put on a pair of glasses you dont look at all like yourself. LOL.. I thought the Huskey was your dog.
edit on 30-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

My lord what are you cooking at those temps ? I feel my skin protest every time I go outside in this heat. I cant imagine what you're feeling. I do know I could not do your job.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well every year this happens, some years sooner, some later. It's weather...... You know that pig plastic parking lot in the Pacific ain't helping. And hay did ya ever think that 'Fraking' might also kill trees and vegitation ? Those who indulge in Air Conditioning suffer the most. I live in North Carolina, and a fan is all I use. While my neighbor likes to keep their 5 bedroom house at 70 degrees and take naps under a blanket. Now does that make sense? So I really just try to stay cool like my Great Grandparents did. It's doable, and not bad. But you spoiled people will just have to suffer through it because you live in artificial environments. What happens if the electricity fails...... then it looks like your cooked. Our Troops are Enduring much hotter stuff........ so just .....oh nevermind...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Yeah,
No its not. The dust bowl was a condition brought about by man and weather not just weather alone. When we settled in the midwest and tore up all that prarrie land to plant corn we destroyed the delicate balance of the region. That combined with a prolonged drought is what brought about the dust bowl conditons and it took a few years for it to happen and a few more years correcting the problem. It was not a condition brought about by a heat wave.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

...And we're not even into the middle of July or August yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do I read it wrong or is there really 496 high maximum temp. all-times records for the USA from June 28, 2012 to June 30, 2012?

Source

(In °Celsius)

The max is: 06-28-2012, Norton Dam, KS, 48 °C (118.4°F)
edit on 30-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I indicated that this warm summer is just related to the solar cycle:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I proved this a while back. The next fierce summer is going to be in 2023

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So in the meantime does that give us even fiercer winters? What do you see for this winter2012=13?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not sure about that but if there is a sunspot cycle minimum I definitely bet there will be.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So right you are, this scares the hell out of me, we have been putting much sweat into the green houses with shade covers, cinder block, and mist systems.

It is ONLY June!!!!!!

I fear the worst as I live in the heart of farming country, veggies, meat and it looks so gloomy for this summers crops and grazing lands.

As for me and mine, we are doing ALL we can and then just see if it works out, if not we will be in the same boat as everyone else in the country farm or no farm.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join