It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The point of no return. Australia's Carbon Tax coming this Weekend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is it people. Australia's Carbon Tax is coming on the 1st of July.

It all began with Australia's current Prime Minister winning an election on the promise that there would "not be a carbon tax under any government i lead." This was eventually proven to be a lie when she forced it through with teh help of the Greens. The Australian public, for the majority have been against this move and our Prime Minister ever since she forced it in. Perhaps the reason as to why we are opposed is because we did not get a say. In fact, recently when Gillard (our PM) was asked about the fact that the public didn't get to vote, she responded with "It's already been passed, so there's nothing no one can do to stop it." Or something similar to that. This reply disgusted me, knowing that our PM does not care for the people, only for those in power.

When the initial backlash destroyed her credibility, she defended the decision, stating that there would not be any affect on the people whatsoever. The majority of the people however were smart enough not to fall for those false claims. It is obvious that the big companies who will get taxed do not want to lose money. So, what are they going to do? I know, raise their prices so consumers must pay more. That is a way to not lose any money from the tax. Reviewing this, it is evident that the tax will not do anything but raise the prices of consumer available products and essentials.

The government has finally acknowledged this and is attempting to give out tax benefits to families...

This is where it gets interesting

The government has stated that it will provide tax cuts for the public as a result of the Carbon Tax:

Singles on low and middle incomes will get tax cuts to help them with the expected increase in living costs. Some low-income households might not receive enough assistance through tax cuts or Government payments to offset their average expected cost impact under a carbon price. These households will be able to apply for an annual, tax-exempt Low Income Supplement of $300.

The Government will introduce legislation to ensure that those Australians that need help the most, particularly pensioners and low and middle income households, will get assistance to help manage increases in the cost of living from the carbon price. On average, households will see cost increases of $9.90 per week, while the average assistance will be $10.10 per week.

From 1 July 2012, all taxpayers with incomes of up to $80,000 will get a tax cut, with most receiving at least $300 per year. This means around 60 per cent of taxpayers will get a tax cut of at least $300. No one will pay more income tax as a result of the carbon price package.

www.cleanenergyfuture.gov.au...

We will get tax cuts of at least $300...

That is pathetic...

When you compare the following with the tax cuts, it is evident that the public is getting shafted:

Treasury estimates for the average Australian household electricity will rise by $3.30 per week, gas by $1.50, and food by 80 cents under the carbon price.

www.abc.net.au...

The average Australian household spends much more money than the estimated amount that we will receive through tax cuts. $300 is nothing compared to the...thousands that the average household spends on essentials (food, electricity, fuel etc), yet all those aspects are rising as a result of the Carbon Tax.

Here is an interesting table (which, by the way, only estimates the future costs of goods and essentials):

archive.treasury.gov.au...

The Carbon tax will lead the Australian public down a path of ruin, and for what? For the elite to get more power...?

Regardless, it is quite evident that the public is getting shafted by this Carbon Tax/ The Government's planning is flawed and their tax cuts will not be of significant help at all. The Australian public will be doomed.

This all starts on Sunday, the 1st of July...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The Government's planning is flawed

No it isn't, its exactly what they've always intended.

Just imagine the entire population of the world paying money into your bank account!!

Nope, not flawed at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Julia Gillard is Australia's answer to Harmid Karzai. An American-owned puppet with zero domestic popular support.

Gillard didn't win an election on the basis of any promise. Gillard didn't win jack crap. Nobody in the country likes her, that I know of, and nobody wants her to be Prime Minister. Gillard got given her position by local representatives of the global NWO cabal, as described by Kevin Rudd. He knew about it. The whole thing was a scam.

Julia Gillard is not the Australian Prime Minister. She's the Australian equivalent of Douglas McArthur in sheeps' clothing; in the sense of when he was running Japan. Washington has now given us our "Civilian Administrator," just like they gave Iraq L Paul Bremer.

I know exactly what Gillard is, even if the rest of you are still comforting yourselves with fairy tales about Australian national sovereignty. They won't call her a Viceroy, but they damn well should. Howard was a collaborator, but he was still semi-legitimate. With Gillard, however, Washington have gone the whole nine yards.

The Carbon Tax is just another case of the American government giving Australia the shaft. They get to continue contributing more pollution to the greenhouse problem than any other country on the planet, and they make us unsuccessfully try to foot the bill.
edit on 29-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by daaskapital
The Government's planning is flawed

No it isn't, its exactly what they've always intended.

Just imagine the entire population of the world paying money into your bank account!!

Nope, not flawed at all.

Their weakness...they are few, we are many.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

There have been many demonstrations and more coming up in melbourne and Sydney tomorrow.....

however

not much of a turnout for Australians in support of the anti-carbon tax drives so Australians only have themselves to blame considering they made little or no fuss. Now we're all going to have to live with it and from here on in alot of whining from those who never bothered to support the anti-carbon tax petitions and demonstrations!

The one thing I hate about Australians.....they're too damn lazy to get off their butts and stand up against the politicians; it's all about footy and beer but when big issues arise in this country, they run and hide!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The one thing I hate about Australians.....they're too damn lazy to get off their butts and stand up against the politicians; it's all about footy and beer but when big issues arise in this country, they run and hide!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Australians are morons. We're one of the most politically apathetic and least intelligent national populations on the face of the planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I understand that the whole Gillard predicament is a scam. We didn't elect her in the first place...

Australia, or should i say the Labor party, has been controlled by the US since the Cold War, when the CIA infiltrated it. While the same couldn't be said about the Liberal party, it can be stated in modern times as they too, bend over for the US.

The Carbon Tax, as every other law/tax passed in Australia will be a test of how the public handles it. Australia has always been the testing ground, whether it be the banning of guns or the effective introduction of a similar bill to the NDAA back in 2003.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Not much of a turnout for Australians in support of the anti-carbon tax drives so Australians only have themselves to blame considering they made little or no fuss. Now we're all going to have to live with it and from here on in alot of whining from those who never bothered to support the anti-carbon tax petitions and demonstrations!

Unfortunately, there never are huge turnouts for rallies in Australia...

Just our culture

Seriously though, i don't think it is because most of us are inside watching the footy. I just think that most Aussies feel that it is a lost issue. Meaning that no matter how hard we try, we won't be successful in halting the Carbon Tax. And that conclusion is correct, as Gillard herself stated.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Australians are morons. We're one of the most politically apathetic and least intelligent national populations on the face of the planet.

Every country has it's own share of intellectual retards...not just Australia.

edit on 29-6-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

As far as I am concerned, I have lost all faith in our entire political system. It is a 3 ring circus, not somewhere a country is governed from.

Whether Labor or Liberal win this next election, I care not. I wont be at the polls, I will be awaiting my fine notice for not voting - just like the last time. I would rather pay $50 than be responsible for voting in another bunch of air raid sirens.

join