It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone recommend some hypnosis downloads to stop drinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ive tried and tried to stop by reading books like "the easy way" - didnt work.

so i'm thinking hypnosis and binaural beats might do the trick. i have tried one hypnosis free download to stop addictions and its not working much, although i think it did make me not want to smoke as much.

if you have any ideas, please let me know.

thanks guys

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Have you considered tapering off. It may take a little while but, in the end probably more effective. Also, if you're into heavy drinking, alcohol withdrawal symptoms are nothing to joke about.

Calculate your baseline (the number of drinks or volume of alcohol you drink per day)

1st week--Baseline -10% (or 10 beers a day become 9)
2nd week--1st week -10% (9 beers becomes 8.1)
3rd week--2nd week-10 % (8 becomes 7.29)
If I did my arithmetic right, you'll be down to ten percent of your baseline volume in approximately 21 weeks.
Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

How long have you been drinking for and how often?

It's all psychological, I've been a smoker for 4 years now and I just quit cold turkey, No books or nicotine patches. Mind over matter.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This could dry out Hemmingway:

link

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Mind over matter, as the poster above me said.

If you don't have the will, no hypnosis on this planet is going to help you.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Try to induce a theta state (4-7hz), like during deep meditation - I use Tibetan mantras personally - but there are binaural beats for that. When you're completely relaxed, tell yourself things... like "I'm free from this", "I'm in control", "I'm clean", and so on. As the above posters said, mind over matter. Your body will cooperate as long as you have the will to see it through.
edit on 29/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I disagree there are lots of ways to get help with addiction to me the OP expresses a will to quit by seeking something that may be of aid. There is nothing wrong with that what so ever

edit on 6/29/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

As for the smoking, cold turkey is the only way. It helps to be with someone who doesn't smoke. I quit 12 years ago after 27 years of smoking and it's great. It gets really easy after the first year. Now, drinking is the harder one for me. I can't stop cold turkey. I need it just to go to sleep at night. I would also endorse the tapering down method. It works for me, not to actually stop drinking, but to get to a more healthy level. If you can get down to just a couple drinks a night then I find that I feel good and can still get to sleep.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Try to induce a theta state (4-7hz), like during deep meditation - I use Tibetan mantras personally - but there are binaural beats for that. When you're completely relaxed, tell yourself things... like "I'm free from this", "I'm in control", "I'm clean", and so on. As the above posters said, mind over matter. Your body will cooperate as long as you have the will to see it through.

What device should we use to be certain that we have achieved that vibration?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Be careful.

For some, drinking dependency is psychological only but for others it is both psychological and physiological. Depending on how much you drink now and the level of physical addiction you could actually severely hurt or kill yourself if you stop cold turkey.

If your drinking is severe, seek medical help in stopping.

Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
edit on 29/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I've been around addictions like drinking my whole life and have overcome them myself. I am also currently studying to be a certified substance abuse counselor. To be honest, it really comes down to you making the decision to do it. If you want it bad enough you will do what it takes. Even if it is not that bad of an addiction, it won't be easy, there is no magic trick to free you from this, it takes determination and persistence. Here is the good news though, it can be done, and when done, you can live a far more happier/content life. Here are a few tips:

1. Figure out when and what triggers your desire to drink. (What time of day, what activity, what thought...) Then work to change your daily routine to compensate for that trigger.

2. You may have to change some major aspects of your life. Friends, hobbies, places you hang out at, maybe even where you live or work. Anything that triggers thoughts/desires for drinking should be let go of. You may have to change friends, or possibly even move somewhere else (for at least a few months until you feel comfortable in your sobriety practice)

3. Go and find/call a AODA counselor and at least have 30 min talk with him/her. Don't be afraid of these people. They aren't there to judge you and they know what they are talking about.

4. Begin to practice meditation. Watch this: www.youtube.com... and then watch this whole series: www.youtube.com...

5. Buy Gabor Maté's book "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts". www.amazon.com... Not only is it very informative and helpful, but it is also an awesome read. Watch a lecture or two of his on youtube. He is probably the best source of information on addiction.

If you've made the conscious decision to stop drinking then you are already half way there, now comes the leg work.

Peace and good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have known a few instances where a DUI has made people stop drinking.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Paul Mckenna

He's how I stopped smoking.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The one I got 23 years ago didn't make me stop drinking, but it sure as hell made me stop drinking and driving.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Firstly, I suggest you fix the problem WHY you got started drinking in the first place.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

What device should we use to be certain that we have achieved that vibration?
EEG

Naturally we won't know for sure (I mentioned the range cause binaurabeats and meditative practices can help create that environment, apparently), but it will feel like sleeping while being awake, as well as being focused and clear-minded (little or no thoughts). Mantras help me reach that point - my lips will just move on their own eventually without thinking about it, like breathing, or automatic like a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
thanks guys. i'm gonna check out the links you've given me, i'll try anything.

ive been drinking for about 20 years, 30 oz of wine every night, and my wife smokes a little so i got to where i would ask her for a puff, that turned into 2, then 3 then buying my own pack...

and you know what the worst of it is?

i was a runner for the last 5-6 years and then i got into all this crap. my lungs were clean and i felt great.

just a two months ago i was running 4 miles every other day!

i'm probably doing more damage suffering all the guilt and beating myself up for this stupid behavior. i hate myself for this but still want to party.

every morning i quit, then every evening i say tomorrow....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I was also addicted to sleeping pills, Dormicum 15mg, just so I could sleep. It really is psychological, I haven't taken any of late and I'm able to sleep well. You should probably cut down the amount your drinking by a half for a few days and see how that affects you. Try exercise for at least 30 mins after work, it will help you sleep better.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You may want to consider going to see a certified hypnotherapist in person. That way the sessions are personalized for you. stevegjones.com is good for therapy CD's. As mentioned, Paul McKenna is one to consider as well.

You can do this! Don't give up. If you have the discipline to run 4 miles, you have the discipline to do this.

top topics

join