It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Comes Up Empty in Iraq Weapons Hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
U.S. Comes Up Empty in Iraq Weapons Hunt
By PAULINE JELINEK

WASHINGTON (AP) - American forces are changing their search strategy after coming up empty at most of the top suspected weapons sites in Iraq, officials said Wednesday.

And the White House appeared to be trying to scale back expectations that weapons of mass destruction will be found.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com.../ff/story/0001/20030423/164547936.htm&sc=1107&photoid=20030423XSD101

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ME:look towards the west.
BUSH: the mediterrinian?
ME: nope over east
BUSH: Iran?
nope more west,
BUSH: syria
bingo!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, one of the captured BAATH members confessed that some of the WMD went into Syria and most of them were destroyed just before the war started.

It really doesn't matter anyway, Saddam's gone and he can't support terrorists with oil money anymore.

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If only there was actual proof that Saddam was supporting Al-Qaida. Which there isn't.

And I love the new Syria argument. Blame the French for blocking "diplomacy", blame Syria for not finding WMD's. Why is it impossible for George Bush to take the blame for something? Perhaps "100%" actually meant "40%" when the coalition were talking about the probability of finding WMD's...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
umm.. Dom, you ARE smart enough to know theres more terrorist organizations than just the Al Qaida, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As I've said countless times, THEY WILL NOT FIND THEM! Saddam's a crafty little SOB. That's how he wins the war, by making the US look like the bad guy in world opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I hope you people that are so glad those WMDs are missing are also aware that they could surface right in your back yards. I'm not worried about the ones we find, its those that are gone that trouble me. The reason we are in such haste to find them isn't to legitimize anything to a bunch of people on a message board, its because if they are not found, they will be used. There are two different motivators here. (1) One is for political gain and (2) For safety against their use. I doubt Bush could give a damn about what the world thinks, he wants those weapons accounted for before they are used to turn NewYork into a ghost town. Thats the difference, we all talk..he does.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
AS far as I'm concerned there has been enough evidence of chem/bio weaponry. The testing center where the ingredients are all there and where they tested on dog (
Cats, sure, but not dogs. Barbarians!), mobile labs (Don't try and tell me they were mobile blood units for the Red Cresent. I'm not buying). The scientists who've given us information on what has happened to the weapons.

No, Dom, there is no proof. Saddam's people were meeting with Al Quaeda before the 9/11 attack because they were secretly discussing ways to battle sandflea infestations in Afghanistan and Iraq because they didn't want the Iranians to steal the idea.
While Hussein kept a tight, iron fist around that nation, Abbu Abbas, the craftiest human alive, had slipped into the country ruled by terror, intimidation and tyranny and was living a comfortable life as an Amway salesman, until we had to screw things up for him. What else is known that we mere civilians don't know because it'd blow the information network if it were told?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Text
Many of you talk about other countries and they threat they are with all there bio/chem and atomic weapons. One thing you fail to relize is the American government is the worst of them all. We are going to declare war on you with the wepons you are not suposed to have but we can. America is the terrorist!!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
TC,

What evidence has there been? God damnit ... Bush said he had PROOF that there were WMD's in Iraq. PROOF .... Now all of a sudden, they're in Syria and some got destoyed in a matter of day's before the war started? DUH come to mind? Anyone? Gee ... maybe Syria will ship them to Iran or NK next? Who else was on Bush's sh|tlist? Bush is looking to be no better than these god damned terrorist's.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
e-nonymous perhaps the reason Saddam Hussein was able to control people in Iraq the way he did was due to aliens.

Maybe he was an alien who had special powers, which made the families of victims of torture and murder forget there loved ones had been taken.

What is really Hilarious, is that you consider that all those people in Iraq. Reacted the way they did while he was in power, because he did not have weapons of mass destruction especially given what they are saying now. To be clear given how they are behaving Saddam Hussein did have WMD and did use them as not only a threat but a promise if anything went wrong.

This is a joke

new topics

top topics

join