It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Row erupts as 'Miss Holocaust Survivor' pageant is held in Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Beauty competitions seem pretty 'macabre' to me at the best of times, but this is something else!

A controversial beauty pageant for survivors of the Holocaust has been held in Israel amid accusations that the event is 'offensive' and 'macabre'. Fourteen women, with ages ranging between 74 and 97 - each of whom survived the horrors of World War II - were vying for the honour of being Israel's first 'Miss Holocaust Survivor.' Despite being billed by organisers as a 'celebration of life' the contest has caused much controversy.

www.independent.co.uk...

What do you all make of this?

Other news outlets covering this story.

www.jta.org...
www.spiegel.de...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Something makes me think they'll still have this contest in 200 years from now, the participants still being in their 70ies to 90ies ..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well I went from
to
to
to

“This is one step short of 'Survivor-Holocaust' or 'Big Brother Auschwitz.' It leaves a bad taste. Holocaust survivors should be above all this.”

I need to go lie down and compose myself.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It seems more and more the people are seeing the bs that the "holocaust" is.
The terrorist state of israel just wanted to throw it out there that they are our favorite victims still.

Weird, no christian Russian ladies in there?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Only in Israel !
they transformed the beautiful palestinian land into a nut house
hope one day the palestinian get their land back and clean up the zionist mess

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The holocaust is amazing. Even if you were still in the womb in the camps, you can come out and write book after book about your experiences and rake in the $$.
edit on 29-6-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think some of you guys are just as sick

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I'm not sick, I just have a macabre sense of humour.
The whole thing is crazy, in bad taste, even down to the quote of those against it.
It's OMG from start to finish.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This elderly Israeli beauty pageant winner should hook up with this elderly Brazilian beauty contest winner and dance !!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It seems more and more the people are seeing the bs that the "holocaust" is

Well clearly the holocaust happened, if you don't "believe" that (it is historically recorded) you have problems. The industry that it spawned however is dangerous not just for Israel but all Jews around the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by g146541

Well clearly the holocaust happened, if you don't "believe" that (it is historically recorded) you have problems. The industry that it spawned however is dangerous not just for Israel but all Jews around the world.

Yeah everything that is historically recorded is true. (eyeroll) If you don't believe the official story or have a different opinion about the events you get locked up in some countries, now that is dangerous. I agree with the poster that says its BS, it can't stand up to scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I don't believe I am having this discussion, but it is for your own good. You believe that the holocaust of the Jews,Gypsies, mentally ill, Soviet prisoners of war did not actually happen?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

I don't believe I am having this discussion, but it is for your own good. You believe that the holocaust of the Jews,Gypsies, mentally ill, Soviet prisoners of war did not actually happen?

There were camps, people were tattooed, people's heads were shaved, people died of typhus, people died of starvation as the allies bombed supply lines later on.

There were no "Deadly Gas Chambers" or "Gas chamber Showers" targeting Jews. There is just no evidence its all a big lie to gain sympathy.

Of course people will just call you a nazi and tell you to get your head examined for believing this, but I don't mind being called names.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Oh don't let it wind you up, I know people in the real world who have the same view. I also know someone who bores me to tears telling people he whittled a bit of Auschwitz and god only knows what else when they went on a (Brace yourself) Stag do holiday.

I think next time he tries to bring it up I might piss on his chips and tell him it's all bollocks instead. But well, that's just my sense of humour again. I doubt he will though, for some reason he now feels uneasy in my presence after the last time his "collection" came up in conversation.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

What is sick exactly ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Something makes me think they'll still have this contest in 200 years from now, the participants still being in their 70ies to 90ies ..
They may have something similar in 200 years but it won't be any of the survivors of Hitlers genocide , you have to have been in the camps to enter this contest .

The world is working towards another Jewish holocaust so maybe you are prophetic in your statement. I only read as far as your post I can see the hate brewing though .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks for intervening Suspiria. On your mate, I think you should dump him, he sounds like a massive #.

Back to this story Ynet presents the story quite sensitively (unlike most of the rest of their stuff).

Chava already knows what she's going to wear, Haya says what matters most is internal beauty, Esther, the youngest contestant, craves the attention, while Jenia, the eldest, is just trying to enjoy the experience: Twenty women between the ages of 74 and 90 will compete for the title of most beautiful Holocaust survivor on Thursday. During the beauty pageant, which will be held at the Ahuzat HaCarmel event hall in Haifa, each contestant will take the stage separately and share her Holocaust survival story with the audience. The winner will be crowned by former beauty queen Tamar Ziskind. "When I was a little girl no one took notice of me, but now everyone is interested," said 74-year-old contestant Esther Liber. "I'm not in it to win. I'm competing because it puts us all in a good mood and is a pleasant experience."

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

The world is working towards another Jewish holocaust so maybe you are prophetic in your statement.

Really ?
Paranoid much ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Ack, it's a small world. If I turned my back on everyone who had a view I didn't agree with I'd be a very lonely person. And to be fair, one skewed view doesn't a vile person make. Can't force people to think alike.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by g146541

The industry forces us to remember , the Russians would put you to death for mentioning Stalins holocaust , the Turkish government has laws against mentioning their holocaust against the Christians , they slaughterd upwards of two million Armenians . We should remeber all the holocausts every year and force into the minds of all so it will never happen again .

The Muslims deny the holocaust and are planning another one against the Jews , Christians and all who will not convert to Islam . The chess board is set for the attack on Israel right now , they just have to finish off syria install the Muslim brotherhood and checkmate . Mohammed Mursi the new president of Egypt has already said he is going to cancel the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt . He is calling for sharia law and for Jerusalem to be the capital .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join