It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UK Commercial Secretly Counting Down To Something?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah, it's most likely their new advertising campaign/strategy, and hopefully the slow evisceration of the people responsible for that fat git and his theme song. Most likely a spotty oik in a cubicle somewhere reading this very topic and wringing his or her mole like paws at the thought that their idea for a conspiratorial slant to the new direction the company has chosen generated the sort of reaction that they hoped for among conspiracy minded people. Most likely got a raise for his/her efforts too.

Sad really.

I did wonder why all the old adverts from the company were being shown again recently though, to be fair. Thought Go Compare might have fallen on hard times or something. As for the countdown showing up on other channels or at the end of other adverts, this could again be a marketing ploy. I wonder how much one and a half seconds of advertising time on Sky or ITV costs, and how easy it is to ask for your very short countdown based segment to be shown so directly after the advert before that it seems to be a part of the preceding ad?

So there you go, you cubicle encased spotty oik, I've figured you out. Hang thy head in shame...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not being funny but how do you know that the countdown wasnt anything to do with Nick Jr? They could be counting down to a new series/cartoon. Infact, im gonna check that out

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Not being funny but how do you know that the countdown wasnt anything to do with Nick Jr? They could be counting down to a new series/cartoon. Infact, im gonna check that out

Because they are showing the countdown as part of the advert, and they are also showing it on ITV.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Fourteen hours roughly to go, till what ever the countdown is for...........

I'm still thinking possibly a new advert.

We'll see, Ha ha no i wont. I don't have a TV.

Will have to rely on this thread.

Back tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Suspiria
Car insurance ads on Nick Jr?
What do under 10's want with car insurance?

You think just kids watch, is the OP a kid

I was thinking the same thing....don't you think there may be a parent in nearby?

I guess repeats of (insert children programs like telle tubbies) would turn most adults brains turn to mush, I know mine did when my partners kids came round with the little un, I think I would shoot myself if I saw "in the night garden" ever again.

From that experience my assumption is that most parents brains are so addled they are susceptible to any kind of programming, like buying car insurance..
edit on 29/6/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Perhaps the average parent is susceptible, mine though is so addled a three minute warning could blare out of the telly and I wouldn't notice.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

P.S. Sorry if the quality is slightly off but i was recording it standing up whilst eating a sandwich on a Galaxy Tablet!

You really shouldn’t use your Samsung to eat off of; you’ll get crumbs in it…

And my guess - along with most of the posters here - is that Go Compare are about to change the adverts.

That, or they are about to introduce a policy that will cover you in the event of NWO take over, or alien abduction.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

The other that airs on ITV is strictly like your usual Go compare rubbish and leads into the stressed viewer and the countdown via some Hawaii holiday themed claptrap. But yeah, it looks like they are finally going to string the warbling wally up.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So....

Sue Barker Just blew up the Go Compare man with a big yellow Rocket Launcher!!!

That was what all this was about....

See... knew it.

But he climbs out of the hole and is not dead..... Noooooooo!!!

Here it is

edit on 2/7/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well spotted.
I caught it on TV earlier.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Well another conspiracy theory bites the dust

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Kinda an anti-climax. And here was me hoping that it was going to be the public hanging of the people responsible for the whole mess in the first place. Oh well. Just a side note, but wasn't it just a little bit 'dark' for an insurance advert really? Like, what's next, Alexander from Compare The Market.com leading Russian mercenaries into Muskrat territory and conducting ethnic cleansing?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RebelWithoutASoul

Ha-Ha !! Best post i have read in ages !!! ,

and i agree a bit dark and also why is Sue Barker doing this advert ??

snoopyuk
edit on 3-7-2012 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Well maybe it's a hint that the Go Compare man is taking over from Cliff Richard as the annoying twat singing to the wet crowds at Wimbledon?

Otherwise.... Who knows?

:shk:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So Go Compare are going to save the nation by bombing the fat man - after all it isn't over until the fat man sings.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I guess it was a good little marketing campaign. The execs obviously picked up on the meme that this was annoying, so they would come up with a way to get rid of him and make a big deal out of it, like they are doing us a favor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join