It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Seriously! Why is it that we have this vast culmination of Alien, UFO, anti-gravity, time-travel, abductions, advanced weaponry, etc...information, but not one solid piece of evidence that would turn heads all across the globe? Don't get me wrong I have always been open minded enough to not believe everything that my government tells me, and also not believe what every nut decides to post on the internet. But I just can't fathom the fact that there are people out there who have broken sworn oaths of non-disclosure agreenments to leak minimal information about such topics without slapping us in the face with an alien cadavre, or a ufo cruising over the superbowl. Certain aspects of the unknown need to stay unknown, I understand that. But why is it that everytime some man/woman betrays their superiors by stealing documentation about top secret whatever's and not grab a vhs tape, or an authentic audio byte, or something tangible that can be proved or disproved without a doubt. I mean, yeah they work in some of the most secure environments in the world, but there is always a way. I just hate the fact that I can't turn on the television and go hey look there showing the UFO cruising over Nevada again on the 6 o'clock news!!! For the record, I do believe that we are far more advanced technologically then what the public is aware of. I believe we have reverse engineered crashed UFO's, and I believe we are in a technology exchange agreement with aliens. I don't know what to think about John Titor, I don't believe or disbelieve, I have no opinion as of yet. But aside from a brief panic that would wade out the religious fanatics and skeptics, I don't understand why they don't release this information in a better timely fashion. Somethimes it just gets to be too much of a tease, having such a profound feeling that the things are taking place and not having the evidence to back it up, and prove to others without a doubt that we are in fact not alone, and haven't been for quite some time. Its not really a problem for me that my government lies to me, because thats all I know. I just wish they could have done a better job of securing information about such projects, so that people don't spend the rest of their life wondering!

The quote "You can't handle the truth", is not such a bold one. Its harder knowing half the truth about something amazing, then knowing all of it or not knowing at all......(my opinion of course)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This wasn't really posted as a topic of discussion, just more of a way for me to vent frustration. I know that most of these topics are discussed in detail on other threads, so don't feel the need to have to post here!

Thanks.....and sorry!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Seriously! Why is it that we have this vast culmination of Alien, UFO, anti-gravity, time-travel, abductions, advanced weaponry, etc...information, but not one solid piece of evidence that would turn heads all across the globe?

Remember, there is a huge difference between EVIDENCE and PROOF. The fact is, there is massive amts of credible evidence. Proof is something that is missing from some of the greates theories of all time, gravity, energy, time, etc...

It just depends on what you consider to be credible. I'd say the obvious gov't coverup of Roswell (which includes public FBI documents that show an unidentified craft was recovered), the video caught recently by the Mexican Air Force (the 16 orbs that followed them for 20 something minutes during a fly over they performed for a drug trafficing patrol), and the thousands of personal testimony by high ranking gov't officials that testify to knowledge (whether directly or indirectly involved with ET esistence) would all be considered good forms of evidence. Remember, if the powers that be want these things out of the public eye, they will remain hidden.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't need proof. I believe. I want something that is so credible that makes the leaders of this world trying to suppress such information utterly humiliated!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You want evidence?,then what you need is to over throw the gov't with a revolution type movement.That's what i'm sick of.We overpower the gov't strongly,as a matter of fact we make up some of the gov't.It's time to do something,we need to rise up.I am down to start a revolution because we all want answers but we are not getting them so it's time to take them.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You know some people believe others don't. If a ship landed on the White House Lawn there would be people saying it is the government using a hologram. There are thousands upon thousands of photo's, abductee's etc. I don't think everyone is pulling a hoax do you. I will tell you if this didn't happen to me maybe I would feel the same as you but I have lived with experiences for fifty years and I can tell you they are here and here in mass but all I expect is to be put down and called names. Be careful it could happen to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
You want evidence?,then what you need is to over throw the gov't with a revolution type movement.That's what i'm sick of.We overpower the gov't strongly,as a matter of fact we make up some of the gov't.It's time to do something,we need to rise up.I am down to start a revolution because we all want answers but we are not getting them so it's time to take them.

Everyone's resort to disclosure usually ends in "we need to start a revolution" or "we can just 'overthrow' the government. In an understatement, this is way easier said than done. You will be treated as a traitor, charged with treason and murdered. It would take you literally millions of people. Once this happens, martial law will be declared, and like at area 51, they will be authorized to use letal force when they see fit.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hoqw stupid does a person have to be to actually post a declaration of war against whatever 'government' you live under? Are you going to complain if they arrest you and put you in jail? You are willing to start a war and kill thousands of people because you are pretty sure that the 'governement' is 'coverng something up'?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
@reflux-It would take millions of people and we have millions of people.The only thing stopping them is their attitudes.They think "what can one person do?",and say forget it and give up and go on with their daily routines.I think maybe someone needs to step up to the plate.Before you people try to tear my head off that's my opinion.

@nygdan-I am willing because i am not the only one seeking answers and sorry to say but we are going have get those answers by using force.I mean look how the gov't is,they are quick to kill someone if some information is leaked.Are you telling me it is wrong to view them the same way as they view us...expendable?.Let me explain to you because i don't know what suburb you're from,think of it as an example.Everyone knows that the lowest form of the gov't is the police.I get harassed daily by cops like i am some criminal and it happens to not just me but to alot of people.This is how it is in the urban areas.We have broken no crimes unless walking down the street is a crime or sitting on a park bench.Now just imagine if this is the lowest part of the gov't think how bad it gets further up the ladder.Maybe you want to sit back and do nothing because you are not being bothered in your perfect little world but quite frankly i am really tired of all this.So before you come down on me understand where i am coming from.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

but we are going have get those answers by using force.

Absolutely unnaceptable.

I mean look how the gov't is,they are quick to kill someone if some information is leaked.

Demonstrate this.

Are you telling me it is wrong to view them the same way as they view us...expendable?

Yes. Organizing a military overthrow of the governement (and I am going to pretend that you are talking about the US governement just for clarity) would be a -bad- idea. If you do it, you will be justifiably shot or arrested and then executed. I support any such move by the government 100%.

I get harassed daily by cops like i am some criminal and it happens to not just me but to alot of people.This is how it is in the urban areas.We have broken no crimes unless walking down the street is a crime or sitting on a park bench.

A cop stopping you and asking you questions is not a crime either.

Now just imagine if this is the lowest part of the gov't think how bad it gets further up the ladder.

So you are justifying your bid to commit murder and overthrow the government because of a logically unsound extrapolation and supposition of a single trend? Based on your having been harrassed by the police? I have not been harrassed by the police, if the lowest level of government acts like this, then why should I assume that the highest doesn't?

Also, attempting to denigrate me and my postion because of where I live is hardly going to win anyone over. Cities, historically and currently, are the abode of violent crime. There are reasons for this, reasons that should be addressed, but thats hardly justification for overthrowing the government.

Maybe you want to sit back and do nothing because you are not being bothered in your perfect little world but quite frankly i am really tired of all this.So before you come down on me understand where i am coming from.

I understand where you are comming from, and see that because you have had some problems with the authorities and have no power to change things have decided to begin to commit a campaign of murder and radical overthrow. Or rather, since I assume you are not entirely serious, are only 'throwing it out there' or 'venting' your 'frustration'. If you are, why don't you send a notice to the local police department that you intend to do this, or why don't you make a demand at the city consulate that they reveal this information or it will mean war with you and whoever chooses to follow you?

If you think you have been harrased before, I think you will learn then what that really means and long for the times when dumb cops stopped you on the street 'for no reason whatsoever'.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Look dude i didn't mean to offend you by where you live but you have to understand it's completely different.You are looked upon a certain way just because of where you live.I should have described the harassment more in detail.They do stop me and ask me questions but they also search me.Going in my pockets and everything.I don't fit any description and they never explain the reason and if you do ask they give a bullsh*t reason.And i know it's b.s. for a fact because all of them use the same reason.I can't stand people that have never been in the situation try and explain it.You can't because you never experienced it.Then you say why don't you report it.It's a waste of time,it's their word against yours and your word obviously doesn't mean sh*t to them.One time my friend had his eyebrow split open by getting slammed to the ground by the cop.He tried to make a complaint and what happened?,nothing the other cops didn't see nothing and there was about 6 or 7 cops there.Oh and a few days ago my friends and i were robbed at gunpoint on the same block as the police station right on a busy street.Where were they?.What you see as a campaign of murder and radical overthrow i see as a step foward to freedom.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Going in my pockets and everything.I don't fit any description and they never explain the reason and if you do ask they give a bullsh*t reason.

There are these people called lawyers who handle illegal searches. I do beleive that the police are allowed to search you or at least question you if, for example, you change your path upon seein a police officer.

And i know it's b.s. for a fact because all of them use the same reason.

What reason is that?

nothing the other cops didn't see nothing and there was about 6 or 7 cops there.

Irrelevant. If you are being forcefully restrained by the police and injured then it doesn't matter if none of the other officers have seen the specific injury.

What you see as a campaign of murder and radical overthrow i see as a step foward to freedom.

You perception hardly means it doesn't involve murder and revolution. And none of the above is even close to justification for anyone of what you are calling for.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What do you mean it doesn't matter?.They are called witnesses as there were others being friends of the arrestee but it won't matter as i said before your word against their's.Same thing with the lawyers.Just a wasste of time.

The reason goes like this..."we recieved a phonecall about so and so and this and that"(insert anything that pops into your head).These are not regular cops they're undercover cops,narcs to be exact.If you didn't know narcs don't recieve "phonecalls",they operate on a totally different system.They have nothing to do with blue and whites.So therefore that "reason" is complete nonsense and holds no truth whatsoever and is just a way to illegally search me in hopes of getting lucky.And did you know this juicy little fact,each person they arrest they get $50 commission for.So why not harass everyone in an attempt to get lucky and find something.

The overthrow of the gov't issue i'm done with it.Obviously we have different views.Not everyone agrees with each other but some people may back you and some people may back me.To me it sounds like you are saying i am wrong for what i believe in and that makes you sound like a dictator.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What do you mean it doesn't matter?.They are called witnesses as there were others being friends of the arrestee but it won't matter as i said before your word against their's.Same thing with the lawyers.Just a wasste of time.

If that were true then there wouldn't be -any- cases of police brutality demonstrated in courts.

So therefore that "reason" is complete nonsense and holds no truth whatsoever and is just a way to illegally search me in hopes of getting lucky.And did you know this juicy little fact,each person they arrest they get $50 commission for.So why not harass everyone in an attempt to get lucky and find something.

Sounds good enough to me. Heck, they also get rank advancement based on arrests made. This is why you want to kill governement officials? Because some narcotics officers are searching you?

The overthrow of the gov't issue i'm done with it

Well, I susepect that the people back the gov will be the army and police and intelligence agencies, so I don't think you stand much of a chance.

To me it sounds like you are saying i am wrong for what i believe in and that makes you sound like a dictator.

Thats pretty senseless. First off, you are wrong for wanting to kill government officials and overthrow the government because some cops in your neighborhood are dicks. And my pointing out that you are wrong does not in anyway make me 'sound like a dictator', thats completely ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
............ because the limited human mind was programmed to reject all information about aliens, their existance, and technology. Anyway, it is easier to believe that they don't exist, and that humans are way above any intelligent lifeform. 500 yrs ago the Earth was flat, and its centre was Rome. Anyone can remember that?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My overthrow was not based on cops being dicks it was based on how the world is going right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If I understand the original poster correctly, the big thing they wonder about, is why no physical evidence from insiders?

It's a valid question.

Perhaps if you knew more about top secret facilities and their security procedures, it would help. Such procedures are rigorous in the extreme, to guard that materials do not leave. In the event that something DID get out, it would likely be discovered quickly, and easily tracked down. If even THAT failed, then upon any media broadcase of it, it would quickly be recovered. If even THAT failed, then the coverstory being worked on since the item was first noted as missing, would then go into effect. If video was shown of an alien, then a costume matching the being on film would be discovered the next day in the "insider's" garbage or something, etc.

We could have seen physical proof come and go and not even known it...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I doubt that we will no the truth until the government decide that we are ready to know and i doubt they wont think us fit for that until there is a perfect state of world peace. They cant blame new aircraft on aliens if we all know for sure they exist.

I dont think there will ever be a state of complete world peace until we as the human race mature. It is human nature to kill and be as greedy as any other race.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

@reflux-It would take millions of people and we have millions of people.The only thing stopping them is their attitudes.They think "what can one person do?",and say forget it and give up and go on with their daily routines.I think maybe someone needs to step up to the plate.Before you people try to tear my head off that's my opinion.

That is not all that is stoping you, don't forget about the might of the US military. You will not be treated like patriots fighting for the good cause. You will be treated like a large group of rouge militiamen, and once again, you will all be killed.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Aliens are here to examine the humans, they are not here to have fun. It is always the best way to examine animals, is to be under cover at safe place. That way we can actually see them in their natural lifeform without being disturbed.

It is another thing, that the US gov't is covering its relationship with hostile aliens, perhaps because it concerns the taxpayers' money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join