It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check the boxes and see if they'll kill you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was reading an article about a recent botched SWAT raid where the chief mentioned using a "Threat Matrix" to make the decision for him to send out paramilitary goons with weapons drawn.

So I checked into the "Threat Matrix" to see if I could ever be considered a candidate for a paramilitary raid.

Bear in mind while going through these questions that there is no gurantee the team filling out the form has the right name, address or person in mind while doing so. They're potentially filling out this form with your home address on the paper but a completely unrelated suspect/crime in mind so you might want to consider how your neighbors or any previous tenants might score.

San Diego SWAT worksheet beginning on page 23
Westshore SWAT worksheet
Virginia SWAT worksheet (Nice Excel doc that totals your risk of death for you!)

Pretty standardized. Note that being a veteran, taking Karate classes or owning a rifle is an automatic SWAT deployment. Next time you drop Timmy off at Karate class after school picture some grunting goon putting an "X" in the box.
edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It is a bit disturbing I will admit,also being a veteran,but put yourself in their shoes.They wouldn't know us personally so they pretty much have to look at thing from a self preservation stand point.I personally have never even seen a swat deployment,except on tv of course.So really i cannot say to much other than forewarned is forarmed,Thanks to your thread,I know when they come through my door,I KNOW not to resist.....it is disturbing to think that serving my country makes me threat...come to think of it now i'm pissed off,really ,really pissed off,if they went through my crackhead neighbors house i would be on their side...just like I would be if the country was attacked.....maybe a rethink is in order....now Ive confused myself.....served the country,willing to fight for my country,and am considered a theat.....maybe i'm just getting old,grey hair and grey areas dont mix well,at least with me....now more than ever,peace ya'll

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I imagine if people saw them coming a reinforced panick room could buy you alot of time, as well as your life.
Just enough time for the media to get there and see how stormtroopers work.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gary714

.....it is disturbing to think that serving my country makes me threat...come to think of it now i'm pissed off,really ,really pissed off,if they went through my crackhead neighbors house i would be on their side...just like I would be if the country was attacked.....maybe a rethink is in order....now Ive confused myself.....served the country,willing to fight for my country,and am considered a theat.....maybe i'm just getting old,grey hair and grey areas dont mix well,at least with me....now more than ever,peace ya'll

It is messed up to be sure.

Perhaps you wouldnt have resisted anyway. Do you have pets in the home? A simple investigation becomes a bloodbath if you have served your country because they will kill anything in that house that moves. Even you if anything at all slows down your compliance whether it be groggy 3AM confusion or checking on that noise in the dark with a pistol in your hand.

After the fact when the dust settles and they actually bother to investigate what brought them there in the first place you may still be alive but the damage done to your peace of mind, to your home, to your family can never really be undone.

All because you served.

I think the roughest part of the automatic SWAT deployment criteria isnt a history of service necessarilly. After all theoretically those people are supposed to be trained warriors. It's that the automatic SWAT criteria trumps all other factors meaning the alleged crime doesnt even have to be a felony or have a victim. So if you're a vet with too many parking tickets you'll get the full assault squad treatment by default.

edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It can have it's advantages lol

Even if I get stopped in my car, naturally the registration is in my name
They approach with extreme caution - no less than 2 of em
And then ask why I'm red flagged

Hell if some one breaks wind on my 'estate' it apparently warrants a full armed response team !

And I have a clean criminal record
edit on 29-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
12 Year Texas Standoff

Wanted in a Christmas Eve 1999 assault on a Texas state trooper in which he allegedly bit a chunk of flesh out of the officer's arm after a routine traffic stop escalated, John Joe Gray found an effective way to avoid answering the charge.

Released on bail over a decade ago, he holed up at home on his nearly 50-acre East Texas farm and told authorities to bring body bags if they intended to come and get him. What may be a record standoff has now lasted 12 years, as four successive Henderson County sheriffs have declined to take Gray up on the threat, saying that the likelihood of multiple fatalities outweighs the need to enforce the law against him, USA Today reports.

So if you have guns and friends with guns they tend to realize the conflict is not worth officers lives.

This is why they want drones in Americas skies. If someone or a group presents such a threat in the future they will just send in the drone and take out the "threat".

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I checked out the Virginia one and they give 2 points (toward SWAT action) if you have CHILDREN ON THE PROPERTY!

You would think they would be less likely to bring in the big guns if kids are present but, the opposite is true. They don't even care who gets hurt in these raids, as long as its not one of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I checked out the Virginia one and they give 2 points (toward SWAT action) if you have CHILDREN ON THE PROPERTY!

Isnt that great?

Gotta protect those kids by blasting the door down, tossing in some bangers and charging in weapons drawn.

Unless they are already being attacked. Then the cops just wait outside until its over.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I got a 22 on the Virginia matrix, so it is up to SWAT commander whether he will attack us or not.

top topics

join