Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

SWAT team flashbangs 18 year old girl watching TV over Internet posting

page: 2
14
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

Police read Topix?!? WTF?


A report says they have "informants" who told them about the Topix post:


By Chandler’s account, the investigation that led to SWAT operatives beating down the open door of an elderly couple’s home was a model of urgent efficiency prompted by an exigent threat to Evansville’s intrepid defenders.

“We got notified by informants on the street about postings on a website that threatened officers,” he recalls. (Those “street” informants were people who read the internet posts and called the department.) “We get a lot of criticism, some of it profane, which is just an exercise of free speech. But then the comments crossed the line by actually starting to call out the police chief, with the poster claiming that he had access to weapons that would penetrate our tactical vests – all officers on our force are required to wear the vests – and that he and his `boys’ were coming for officers and their families.”
link

At least that's the claim. Often anonymous "tipsters" and "informants" crop up to help justify police stupidity.




posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Catalyst317
This was in Indiana where it is now legal to shoot police in such events as this. I wonder what would have happened if she would have had a weapon and used it on the police.
Oh, she'd be way dead.
The official story would have changed too. I feel confident that they would be reporting that she was the person that was threatening cops.


Agreed. You don't win fights with police. That's a big part of the problem.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Catalyst317
This was in Indiana where it is now legal to shoot police in such events as this. I wonder what would have happened if she would have had a weapon and used it on the police.
Oh, she'd be way dead.
The official story would have changed too. I feel confident that they would be reporting that she was the person that was threatening cops.


Agreed. You don't win fights with police. That's a big part of the problem.

Yes, they almost always win.
And I don't feel that it is hyperbole to call them 'jack-booted thugs', with what we have been seeing from police departments the past few years.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think you could make a real popular movie out of this sort of thing - sort of Saw meets the Police.

Imagine - the guy builds a trap house and posts a lot of smack on local forums. The cops decide to bust him for contempt of cop, do a SWAT raid only to find that the front door is a trap - they run in and the floor falls out from under them, sliding them into a big wood chipper sort of thing that spews them out on the lawn in little bits of burger. Whilst taping the whole thing for the next forum post with a smarmy "ha ha ha" voice over.

At the end is "you didn't get me that time cops - you won't get me at 100 oak street either!" and of course, here they come, right into the next trap etc. Like monkeys caught in a monkey trap - they can't let go the peach.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


What's more likely is they'll raid the house next to the trap house. Scare the living crap out of some elderly couple and kill their Pekinese dog.

Then run an actual investigation and discover the trap house then knock on the front door with two uniformed officers and ask questions like actual human beings as they should have done all along.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
At the end is "you didn't get me that time cops - you won't get me at 100 oak street either!" and of course, here they come, right into the next trap etc. Like monkeys caught in a monkey trap - they can't let go the peach.


No. They'd get the army, who would initially send in a robot if they felt the house was unsafe to walk into themselves; and by the time they got the guy, he would have had enough lead pumped into him, that they'd need a forklift to remove him from the property.

Cowardice is one of the primary defining characteristics of the police, on a universal level. If they are given sufficiently serious grief by anyone, they always have the option of withdrawing, and simply kicking the problem higher up the chain. The first step up is SWAT. The next is something like WEB, whose questionnaire we just saw. Then there's the DHS, and then there's the army.

The government is loyal towards its' own people, only. Civilians are seen purely as the enemy. You mean nothing to them whatsoever. If you kill one of them, they will move heaven and Earth to gain retribution, or successfully retaliate; but if you are killed, they generally will not care at all. The most they will do if they kill you, is try and make sure that it stays sufficiently quiet, that they don't get trouble from anyone else.

Understand; the various agencies of the government are not there, by any means, to protect you. They are there to protect each other from you, and the only reason why they care that you think otherwise, is because it makes their job easier. If they could maintain control with you knowing that they don't give a crap about you, then they'd do so quite happily.
edit on 29-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It seems to me that if the system can't even get the address correct or find the house with the that address, I have to wonder about it's ability to make even more difficult decisions correctly.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
It seems to me that if the system can't even get the address correct or find the house with the that address, I have to wonder about it's ability to make even more difficult decisions correctly.


Nonbeliever! You're letting doubt interfere with your trust in the power and perfection of bureaucracy.

I suggest you head down to your local DMV branch and ask forgiveness.

Police like to pretend they're efficient operators like the military when in reality they're simple government employed clerks with guns who cant be bothered to stop and check before embarking on some assinine kill mission.
edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
whoops
edit on 29-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 


Nice find


Here is a video of the ordeal:



I'm happy this didn't turn out to be real ugly with a dead young woman due to lazy police work.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 


Nice find


Here is a video of the ordeal:



I'm happy this didn't turn out to be real ugly with a dead young woman due to lazy police work.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)


You forgot to mention that the police are inept, too. Lazy and inept.
Tax money pays those jokers, and puts a gun on their hip???



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Police like to pretend they're efficient operators like the military


I think Abu Ghraib demonstrated that on this score, even the military can have their bad days.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Police like to pretend they're efficient operators like the military


I think Abu Ghraib demonstrated that on this score, even the military can have their bad days.


Got me there. I should have said "like some fantasy idealized military"

Like in the movies. I wonder how much these ridiculous TV shows like 24 or Detroit SWAT and these movies like Act of Valor influence the attitudes of actual cops and military personnel.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is unlawful police abuse on purpose. They would not bring a camera crew along on a normal operation, and yet it was also horribly flawed. Normally the police would get reprimanded right? These types of police crimes are intentional to provoke violence so they can justify police state measures. Nonviolent resistance is the answer. The cops would not do this unless it was pre staged. Otherwise they would face armed resistance. This is intentionally meant to cause a rebellion. Take a breath and don't fall for the trap.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


Maybe they get some bonus money for their program if they get a good video. They could always sell it to the TV show 'Cops'.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   


According to a local TV news account, the Evansville PD maintains that the invasion of the Milan home “was well worth it to keep everyone safe.” But even if we were to describe juvenile online comments as a “threat,” it’s nonsense on stilts to claim that “everyone” in Evansville was endangered by them. According to Sgt. Jason Cullum, the police embody the “community,” and they can be paralyzed with fear by an anonymous, solitary internet Troll. “We’re not going to let these type [sic] of people take over and have us scared in our own homes,” he told the local Fox affiliate. From this perspective, the SWAT team’s home invasion was not a grotesque act of overkill reasonably described as an act of state terrorism, but a pre-emptive strike against forces that threatened the existence of law and order itself.


WTF!



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by filosophia
 


Maybe they get some bonus money for their program if they get a good video. They could always sell it to the TV show 'Cops'.


Yes, a tv show. Programming. Editing. Its all fake. Its just propaganda to make police look good. There is even a dialectical implication to the cops theme song of good guy vs bad guy and even a confused T
tone of 'bad boys, what you gonna do when they come for you.' Who are the bad boys, the criminals, or are 'they' the cops the bad boys when 'they' come for you. The 'criminals' are paid actors, as if it is legal to film a suspect during an arrest, an obvious invasion of privacy meant to condition the public to accept the most asinine tyrannical laws so long as the cops are in uniform and the criminals are in wife beaters.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hilarious!

I nearly wet myself from laughing so hard!


There is nothing funnier than someone that takes their job so seriously that they screw it up royally....trying to be a badass.

I hope these guys stay away form the steroids for a while and learn the most important skill in law enforcement: common sense!



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 



Like in the movies. I wonder how much these ridiculous TV shows like 24 or Detroit SWAT and these movies like Act of Valor influence the attitudes of actual cops and military personnel.

They probably get full-blown woodies when they do their assaults.
They probably 'manipulate' themselves when the watch those TV cop dramas.



posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric



According to a local TV news account, the Evansville PD maintains that the invasion of the Milan home “was well worth it to keep everyone safe.” But even if we were to describe juvenile online comments as a “threat,” it’s nonsense on stilts to claim that “everyone” in Evansville was endangered by them. According to Sgt. Jason Cullum, the police embody the “community,” and they can be paralyzed with fear by an anonymous, solitary internet Troll. “We’re not going to let these type [sic] of people take over and have us scared in our own homes,” he told the local Fox affiliate. From this perspective, the SWAT team’s home invasion was not a grotesque act of overkill reasonably described as an act of state terrorism, but a pre-emptive strike against forces that threatened the existence of law and order itself.


WTF!
More accurately, it was a pre-mptive assault on the wrong house.
Great job, guys! Oh, and be careful out there!





new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join