It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team flashbangs 18 year old girl watching TV over Internet posting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And it was the wrong house to boot.

And so it has, again—this time in Evansville, Indiana, where officers acted on some Topix postings threatening violence against local police. They then sent an entire SWAT unit to execute a search warrant on a local house, one in which the front door was open and an 18-year old woman sat inside watching TV.

The cops brought along TV cameras, inviting a local reporter to film the glorious operation. In the resulting video, you can watch the SWAT team, decked out in black bulletproof vests and helmets and carrying window and door smashers, creep slowly up to the house. At some point, they apparently "knock" and announce their presence—though not with the goal of getting anyone to come to the door. As the local police chief admitted later to the Evansville Courier & Press, the process is really just “designed to distract." (SWAT does not need to wait for a response.)

After all the showmanship. After inviting cameras to witness the absurd song and dance. They figure out it was the wrong house.

When they finally realize the mistake they decide to approach the real culprit (if an internet posting is even a criminal act) with surveillance and kid gloves.

I guess the fun of unleashing a paramilitary squad has run its course by that point?

This time, apparently recognizing they had gone a little nuts on the first raid, the police department didn't send a SWAT team at all. Despite believing that they now had the right location and that a threat-making bomber lurked within, they just sent officers up to the door.

link
link2

What's with cops doing everything wrong with such regularity? And apparently not learning a damn thing from each others mistakes either. The first time this happened in America should have been the last time this happened in America yet PD's keep doing this nonsense from shore to shore over and over.
edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: added news link

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Obama was talking about a civilian defense force before he was elected. In fact it was being built up even while Bush was still president. People imagined that Obama was talking about an army of Acorners and Black Panthers. But the truth is that Obama is a CFR globalist. The civilian defense force is really all of the police agencies that have been militarized over the past decade with $1,000,000,000,000 of federal money. The cops on these forces consist of a large number of combat vets from the recent wars. They are armed to the teeth. Some of these agencies have tanks. Many of them are going to employ drones. Right under your noses the civilian defense force has been built. And it is not there to defend you. It is there to defend the hand that feeds it. And people have been questioning whether troops would fire on civilians. Does it matter anymore when it will be the militaristic cops that will be used to break down your door?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The article in the second link names the justification for the SWAT team:

Police used what they called a law enforcement threat matrix to determine the proper response to information in the posts. One post mentioned explosives, and another specifically named Bolin and referenced the area where he lives. But no other officers’ names or addresses were identified.

So bureaucracy tossed the flash bang.

I'm guessing this is the "threat matrix": DHS Threat Matrix

Anyone know if that's what these storm troopers are using to make their judgement calls for them?

ETA: Another Threat Matrix for SWAT teams: SWAT Threat Matrix
Notice in this Threat Matrix any veteran is an immediate paramilitary raid.
edit on 29-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
Wheres the video of the chick getting banged?

There's a picture of her here: freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

There's a picture of her here: freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

Lol, I just think a mishap like that should be available. Looks like she enjoyed the experience though.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What's with cops doing everything wrong with such regularity?

It's because they don't care, and they don't need to, because there are no consequences for their actions. They are able to do what they do with complete impunity. A police officer can kill someone, and his superior will support him, irrespective of whether he is guilty or not.

The problem is the adversarial attitude that they have now. Police now view the civilian population as the enemy. They think they have to protect themselves against us, and they simply view their superior level of arms as an advantage in doing so.

So they'll quite happily let civilians die, or get wrongfully arrested, and back each other up while doing so.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, I can kinda see why someone in that area made a posting about killing the local police...

No longer a mystery there.

Maybe reign it in a little and folks won't make little barks on the internet, eh? Not a hard concept to grasp.
edit on 29-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Well, I can kinda see why someone in that area made a posting about killing the local police...

No longer a mystery there.

Maybe reign it in a little and folks won't make little barks on the internet, eh? Not a hard concept to grasp.
edit on 29-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

The problem is that it just keeps escalating. Cops engage in excessive force, and someone gets killed; so another civilian responds with the vigilante mentality that Porky is going to pay for that, especially considering that the worst that will generally happen to a cop for killing someone, will be the loss of their badge. They never face criminal charges for it. It's common for them to be put on paid leave for a while.

As a result of that, however, the police themselves become more insular, and more paranoid and scared, and invent rationalisations for using their advantage in ordinance to an increasing degree.

The other major problem is the GWOT, and the degree of carte blanche which cops have been given due to the Patriot Act and other such things. I've seen video footage of police either tazing or threatening someone, and then claiming, when asked what the charge was, that civilians are apparently obligated to obey literally any order a cop gives them.

Police in America in particular, are now completely out of control. When you remove habeus corpus, and you give them the sorts of legal powers that they have now, you create Judge Dredd; so that is how they act, and they get away with it.
edit on 29-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
These cops may have been acting on their own outside of the law:

Police were executing a search warrant approved by a judge. Such warrants are routinely filed in the Vanderburgh County Clerks Office, but officials in the clerks office said Friday afternoon they had no record of a warrant served on that address.

When asked by the Courier & Press for access to the document that allowed them to force entry to the home, Bolin refused.

Just gets better.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That what happens when police use Microsoft Streets and Trips software!

when you set standards that you can't hire intelligent people this is what happens ... but hey they passed the test with an acceptably low score and the passed a drug test ....

sounds normal to me!
edit on 29-6-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: dyslexia

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

These cops may have been acting on their own outside of the law:

Police were executing a search warrant approved by a judge. Such warrants are routinely filed in the Vanderburgh County Clerks Office, but officials in the clerks office said Friday afternoon they had no record of a warrant served on that address.

When asked by the Courier & Press for access to the document that allowed them to force entry to the home, Bolin refused.

Just gets better.
Looks like the cops might need some more DHS money after the girl and her family win their civil suit ( I hope they file one!).

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Looks like the cops might need some more DHS money after the girl and her family win their civil suit ( I hope they file one!).

It must be getting to the point where the cost of running these lunatic forces is taking its toll on municipalities and their respective insurers.

It isnt cheap to have these idiots running around pulling "contempt of cop" actions like raiding wrong homes or raiding for non-violent crimes or raiding without doing any surveillance work or checks whatsoever or arresting people for taking pictures or having cell phones near them.

These six figure settlements have to be adding up month after month.
It's like some horrible reality TV show. Survive the assault and win one hundred thousand dollars!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This was in Indiana where it is now legal to shoot police in such events as this. I wonder what would have happened if she would have had a weapon and used it on the police.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It must be getting to the point where the cost of running these lunatic forces is taking its toll on municipalities and their respective insurers.

You're assuming they do sue. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
This was in Indiana where it is now legal to shoot police in such events as this. I wonder what would have happened if she would have had a weapon and used it on the police.
Oh, she'd be way dead.
The official story would have changed too. I feel confident that they would be reporting that she was the person that was threatening cops.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

You're assuming they do sue. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
I would sue.
I would sue the ballistic vests and jackboots off of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Police read Topix?!? WTF? That is a gossip site full of teenagers talking trash about people. That is all that it is. Why would they waste their time on a site that is only concerned with who is a ho and who is a scumbag. It is all gossip and hearsay. People write horrible things there because there is little to no moderation and it is supposed to be anonymous. That is messed up that cops would take that sort of thing seriously. it's a kid's site and nothing on it is worth worrying about.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Haha, great minds think alike.
This happens with such frequency among so many different states and departments that it really makes you wonder what happened to actual police work. I think some of it is just the police being lazy. First of all, I don't think a regular police force should have the authority to execute swat raids based on internet postings, not because it was online, but because they are not tech experts, and apparently can and do get it wrong.

I don't know the laws of the state, but I hope they get sued to the next century, as there is little to no oversight and that is the only way they are going to learn a lesson. That probably wouldn't teach them either. I love how they say they don't have to knock, but who's fault is it when one of them gets shot, or they kill someone, because the person in the house thinks someone is breaking in? I would be willing to bet that they don't announce "police" loud enough or frequently enough to ensure that the occupants know it is the police.

And coupled with the fact that they are raiding the house of an innocent person, I see this as a huge problem that needs addressing. Someone needs to be fired over this, and prosecuted. Remember the case of the marine getting killed, when they had the wrong house? Ridiculous. Just because they're cops they're allowed to be stupid and kill people, and it is just an "occupational price of doing business."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Oh, she'd be way dead.
The official story would have changed too. I feel confident that they would be reporting that she was the person that was threatening cops.

According to Gabe Suarez with 12 some years in that line of work they run around with the attitude of "we will win even if we have to bomb your house. We always win."

The complete lack of any admission of wrongdoing in these cases, even when the courts award the money and chastise the police for their behavior, is testament to this. Even when they blatantly lose in their minds they are always winning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join