It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful 'dark clouds' in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Really nice view taken from the Mt Lemmon Sky Center.
It's a two pictures mosaic with four frames each of 300:100:100:100 s. exposure taken with a SBIG STX16803 CCD Camera coupled with the 32-inch Schulman Telescope at Mount Lemmon.

Part of a dark expanse that splits the crowded plane of our Milky Way galaxy, the Aquila Rift arcs through the northern hemisphere's summer skies near bright star Altair and the Summer Triangle In silhouette against the Milky Way's faint starlight, its dusty molecular clouds likely contain raw material to form hundreds of thousands of stars and astronomers eagerly search the clouds for telltale signs of star birth.

This telescopic close-up looks toward the region at a fragmented Aquila dark cloud complex identified as LDN 673, stretching across a field of view slightly wider than the full moon.
In the scene, visible indications of energetic outflows associated with young stars include the small red tinted nebulosity RNO 109 at top left and Herbig-Haro object HH32 above and right of center.

The dark clouds in Aquila are estimated to be some 600 light-years away. At that distance, this field of view spans about 7 light-years.

APOD

Check out the wonderful other photos from Adam Block here, they really are breathtaking!

edit on 29-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yes beautiful. Very much like the black opal. Rare in beauty.

Looked over the website. Nice imagery. Love jupiter. I never stop loving jupiter.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Yes beautiful. Very much like the black opal. Rare in beauty.

Looked over the website. Nice imagery. Love jupiter. I never stop loving jupiter.

wow I like this photo I feel in the sky, i also loving jupiter.

Generator on rent

join