It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows butchered while still ALIVE. Our inhumane slaughterhouses.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

These slaughterhouses need to shut down immediately

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Common people get over it. We are omnivores. We eat vegetation AND meat. We're not allowed to hunt or fish anymore unless we have a liscence, so how else are we supposed to get our meat? I'm not talking a bout fairytale solutions to this but realisticly, how else are we supposed to get that meat into our fridge. If you don't like it become a vegan. If you already are a vegan...what the heck are you bitchin' about. It doesn't consern you. Live and let live.

edit on 29-6-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Whether you like meat or not, back to the OP.

The News Letter link in the OP is from Feb 2001. And talks about the USDA cracking down. So, good job USDA.

Is there any recent news of these USDA violations in the US?
edit on 6/29/12 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Can I ask you something? You've been here since 2008. That's a good amount of time... And in those 4 years there've been SOOOOO many threads covering the abuse of the animals (we eat). I mean WOW a LOT of threads.

So, is this the first time you've seen the issue come up? No? Then what have you done between the first time you read one of the countless 'OH MY GAWD THEY'RE ABUSING ANIMALS' threads - and now?

Anything? Yes? No?

Because honestly? This just SMACKS of 'shock schlock' thread making or someone using ATS to call attention to a blog/personal web page.

Now please - Don't get all huffy and don't forget I'm only stating my opinion and I could be wrong - that's why I'm asking the questions. Perhaps when you have a moment maybe you can shed some light on why you posted possibly giving me some reason to revamp my opinion of the thread?

Because really - There is so much negativity in the world, so much pain, so much hate, so much abuse? Why keep posting about it over and over and over? Why not let's do something? Why not let's RAISE THE BAR here on ATS and start posting solutions to these horrific issues instead of perpetuating the negative.

See my point? Again - not trying to go off topic - because yes, slaughterhouses SUCK! But, what is the general population going to DO ABOUT IT? I've done what I can (I only eat meat I raise, kill and butcher myself) but I know we all can't do that.

What, I ask you, do you suggest others do?

peace
edit on 29-6-2012 by silo13 because: bbc bold

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The real question is what is it going to take for the few normal people in the world to finally grasp that 99.99 percent of the people in the world are complete psychopaths.

The fact is that very, very, very few people would even flinch at this, and would probably watch it and laugh about it and get their kicks out of it.

In fact, people will FIGHT to get these jobs, where they are the ones that actually do these horrific acts of cruelty against these animals.

People that are bothered by this stuff need to grasp that they are in an extremely small minority. Most people are complete psychopaths and don't get bothered by this stuff at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Reality itself is a psychopath.

We cannot live without killing something else, that's a clue.

Our limited knowledge and wealth ensures conflict between us and things around us.

Underneath the fake facade, everything is a battle and every breath is strained. You see, all of our cells are in a constant push and pull to survive. Peace is an illusion brought on by ego.

We all came into this world in debt. Life is a loan. Why do you think that's so?

Because we did something wrong in a higher dimension, maybe?

Or we're just a vehicle for something else to use and dispose of?

Either way, reality will have its way with us and then discard us when it's done.
edit on 29-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by rapunzel222
People just have no idea where their meat comes from and what happens to the animal before it gets to them.

If you think that's true than you're naive.Everyone may not know but I can guarentee you more do than don't.

It's sad,but really what does it matter? These animals are going to die either way to become food.And you're really not posting any new information here...pretty sure what goes on in slaughter houses is common knowledge.And before anyone jumps down my throat(im looking at you,vegans) NO I don't think it's right that animals should have to suffer before they die.

not gonna jump down your throat. it makes me sad to think people don't care, so i prefer to think they just don't realise the extent of it yet, and if they saw it they would say, stop eating a certain type of meat until it was fixed or pressure the govt or something.

so i post stuff incase some people dont realise the extent yet and might be moved to do something about it once they see it.

why it matters is that too much cruelty on one planet e..g towards animals - throws out the balance of nature and it's likely to come back and bite humans on the arse e.g. in the form of global flooding, wild weather, earthquakes, possible pole shift, extinction event...

also because if we can do this stuff to animals and not care about their suffering, then we can be sure some carnivorous aliens out there wouldn't hesitate to do the same to us. and i don't want to be boiled alive or butchered alive, so do unto others - i am trying to help the animals....

You should be less worried about animals and more worried about what us humans are doing to each other.

What about that child that's going hungry?Or is neglected? Or is abused? Or molested?

We turn a blind eye to that,my friend.And that child is more important to me than any animal.

Or what about the person that is laying there dying right this second?

From a heart attack.Or a cancer that has ravaged their body.

Or maybe because someone saw fit to murder them.

Or they had a stroke and couldn't reach out to someone or call 911 for help.

That person is also more important to me than an animal.

I bet you're not giving a second thought to them because they're not an animal.

They are suffering as well right now.

And there aren't any aliens coming.They're not going to make us pay for anything.Quit being so paranoid.
edit on 29-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

why does it have to be one or the other? i have compassion and empathy for animals AND humans. i treat both with respect and love and wouldn't wish pain or torture on either. it IS possible, ya know.

thanks for spreading this info, op. i think it's very important and i believe you're right that a lot of people do not know how bad it really is in some of these slaughterhouses. it breaks my heart the thought of any animal having to go through that suffering. i'm not sure what we can do to help though? does anyone have any suggestions?

no, i disagree strongly with Nightstalker (I agree with Ziggy).

the suffering of children to me is EQUALLY awful as the suffering of innocent animals.

both children and animals are innocents.

the suffering of both appals me; and the indifference of people to either appals me.

to see children's suffering as worse than animals you are just taking a species centric approach.

if you were a dog, you would naturally be concerned more with the suffering of your puppies than with that of human children.

i don't come from a species centric angle. there really is no material difference between humans and different types of animals. we all feel pain/pleasure - the same sensations; we both have hte same emotions.

the suffering of a baby monkey is just as awful as the suffering of a baby human.

if you think there is a difference, you are just seeing humans as more important than other animals, because you ARE a human.

A reptile alien for example, would see it's young as more important than you.

and if someone told the reptile alien that human kids were being slaughtered in slaughter houses, it might respond like yourself, and say, well, at least they're not my reptile kids, which i'm more concerned about.

try to step outside the 'human box' is what i would say in response to your post...

you will no doubt disagree.
edit on 3-7-2012 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

i'm starting to see it, don't worry.

but it's easy not to care. anyone can be cruel and indifferent and not care.

that's the easy road. i could be, if i let myself.

the much harder road, is to care about things.

but that's the road i'm taking. it's more rewarding.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

not really much point replying to this that i can see. so i'm not gonna dignify it with much of a response.

anyone with emotions can see why i posted the thread. because this stuff is cruel, horrible, and people need it put in front of them so they can think about it and maybe take some action. e.g. refusing to eat meat that doesn't come from humane slaughterhouses.

what can people do?

refuse to eat it, if you know there was cruelty involved. e.g. don't eat cage eggs, eat free range only

or better still, just CARE

if everyone CARED, then the govt wouldn't be able to let these slaughterhouses get away with it

people NOT CARING is the only way these things happen.

the other thing is raise awareness, tell others in your circle of friends about it, make sure people DO know how bad it is, because in spite of what many on these forums think, a lot of people still don't really know how bad the situation is in these slaughterhouses. (altho many now do)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
and Nightstalker, don't assume that because i care about animals, that i don't care about humans as well.

I DO care about humans as well, and don't preach to me about cancer victims. I AM one. I know many in my family and circle of friends.

Child abuse bothers me just as much as cruelty to animals, and i often post on threads about that too.

i think if you're a kind person who cares about others then you're gonna care about animals too....because animals are others as well. just in a different shape to humans.

edit on 3-7-2012 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OP, dude/dudette, an 11 year old article? Really? If you were going for informing the public, then why on freakin' Earth didn't you dig up something significantly more recent? It's not that difficult to see a shocking old article, flail limbs while having a cow (no pun intended) and then get it together & do some follow up research to see what came of that now ancient article.

Jump-starting a conversation is one thing. Doing it with majorly out-of-date stuff is

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join