It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare ruling to increase unemployment rate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Now everyone has to pay up to cover those who can't afford healthcare. Healthcare costs will increase dramatically.

Businesses have to pay a tax (fine) or pay for healthcare for everyone working for their business. Things are tight, and for most businesses not much cash is left over after expenses. Any business with over 50 people will have to pay healthcare for all workers, or pay a fine (tax).

Solution is to reduce staff to under 50 people, or figure out if the tax is less than the increased healthcare costs and drop healthcare for everyone. Otherwise there's not enough cash left to keep the business running in worst case scenarios.

Half the employees in the US work for small businesses. The unemployment rate will increase, impacting the economy and extending the global meltdown.

Now we have three calamities contributing to the global meltdown:
1. The Eurozone collapsing in slow motion
2. The approaching US fiscal cliff of higher taxes and increased spending
3. The vicious cycle of increasing unemployment and shrinking economy due to massive new Obamacare entitlements

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well, when you feed the population:

Aspartame - Sodium Fluoride - MSG - High Fructose Corn Syrup - Modified Corn Starch....

I could go on for a while, we all can. Here's a list to keep this short:
en.wikipedia.org...

www.preservativehealth.com...

After a while, people begin to break down. They'll need healthcare at that point

I don't eat those things. I notice the difference, I feel it too, and I've seen the change in others.
If we all choose to not eat their Eugenics Monsanto diets, we won't need their healthcare.

Except now we have to pay for it regardless.
Good times ahead.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed

Half the employees in the US work for small businesses. The unemployment rate will increase, impacting the economy and extending the global meltdown.

and what percentage of those are already insured?

These end of the world because Obamacare passed posts are hilarious.
I would explain in more detail how your post is wrong, but really, you people don't listen to arguments. It doesn't matter what I say.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Quit cluttering up the forums with fear.

Read the facts.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Healthcare per person is hugely expensive. To say the cost will drop because you're treating twice the people, is like dot-com companies say, 'We lose money per transaction, but we make up for it in volume'.

Throw in the fact that fewer people will pay for healthcare, means that those paying for it have to pay more. The cost of healthcare is already rising. If employees are not paying for it, the employers are. If employers choose not to provide it due to high costs, they pay a fine (lower than healthcare cost). If the employees don't get healthcare from their employer, they have to pay for it out of their pocket or pay a fine.

I'm planning on starting another business, and there are 20 new taxes I need to consider out of the Obamacare act. This is an external factor that can kill my business before it even starts. It certainly affects how I plan to scale, and to what size (how many people I employ). The cash I would draw from the business is what might be left over and for the first couple of years it would be less cash than if I had a normal job (another decision factor to even start it. The amount of cash left over that normally would have been used to hire people would be used to pay taxes, so my strategy would need to include fewer employees.

The passage of the Act has already reduce my hiring plans. It makes me wonder how businesses with existing employees will handle the high costs.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am against Obamacare personally, but I don't see how it will increase unemployment substantially.

If anything, with the new beauracracy required to enact the ACA I would think we would see a slight uptick in jobs, especially in the governmental/healthcare sectors.

We won't know anything for sure until a few years have passed with the ACA and doing the hard statistical research and analysis.

top topics

join