It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frustration Of Limiting Discussions With Others

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Hey there.

I know I'm late, but I've been going through the same thing with someone I love which bleeds over into society, typed the word frustration into the search bar here, and your thread come up on top of the list of results.

My advice is don't let it get to you too much. It's hard, I know, to feel like you're losing your grip on someone who you were holding onto tight at one point, but sometimes that happens to people. My case is a bit different and I know she loves me as well, but it's hard to keep that level of love when the verbal communication just isn't there. I'm finding that while I can communicate with other people just fine, I'm caring less and less about their opinions on things.

With us though, it's not that one of us has immersed ourselves in something that is taking us away from the other, it's just that we're both shy in our own way, which limits the conversations we do have, and she's a bit nervous about some of the circumstances surrounding my personal end of things. (Maybe that's why your husband is doing what he's doing? And using the T.V. to mask his shortcomings?) I understand her point of view, I can accept it and am doing all I can to change it to our favor, but that doesn't make this frustration go away. We might not talk a lot, but we have other ways of showing our feelings for each other. They're still as strong as ever, that's for sure, it's just..............

I know this might sound a bit sappy or cliche'd, but a good cry can do a lot of good Kat. It helps bleed the system emotionally. It helps free up a part of yourself so you can still be productive in other things.

youtu.be...

Good luck hon. I hope it works out for you.

<< 1  2   >>

join