It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does YOUR water come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So today I was sitting around sipping on a glass of delicious ice cold water trying to stay cool...

And it occurred to me that I'm enjoying something that many may not

I get my water from a well...

I dont have that fancy "city water" that the government supplies for a hefty bill...

I got a hole in the ground with a pump that brings nice cold refreshing water into my home...

No chemicals... just purified by the Earth.

So what I wanna know how many of you get your water this way.

And what other ways do you get your water?

So what makes you wet?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have a non fluoridated well.
It's an artesian well so I can literally reach down and touch the water.
There is a pump about 60-70 foot down the well casing so it supplies us with plenty of water.
edit on 28-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was beginning to think no one drunk water any more lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, just a hole in the ground. Sometimes its so cold it makes the toilet sweat. No floride here maybe alittle arsonic though.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

a little for taste isnt bad

lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Rain water, collected off roof, into rainwater tanks and then pumped into house. I live in a rural area so not worried about pollution. I must admit its not the coldest water during summer straight out of the tap. If it hasn't rain enough we have to buy tanker loads which is town & treated water. Have not had to buy any for over 18mths

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Thats awesome!
I wish you many more months of ease on the budget!

But i must ask, how carefully must you ration out your water?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I'm from Australia so I get all my water from the gum leaves...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

how does that process work?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Rain water, collected off roof, into rainwater tanks and then pumped into house. I live in a rural area so not worried about pollution. I must admit its not the coldest water during summer straight out of the tap. If it hasn't rain enough we have to buy tanker loads which is town & treated water. Have not had to buy any for over 18mths

I used to live (rent) on a farm like that. Seemed like it never rained enough tho and I was always buying water.
then I rented another old farm with just a small cistern, no collection. constantly buying water at that place.
Now I have my own farm and I have city water. It comes from the great miami aquifer which really isn't bad. I also have a well but I'm sure a water test would show farm chemicals in it. But I'll drink it if it comes down to it.
But you're spot on, nothing tastes as good as good well water.
You are very fortunate, EvolEric.
edit on 28-6-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not to much, concious of what we use. But I think like most people. It only supplies the house. The yard or anything outside is on a different supply called "High reliability water" which is just irrigation water. Not for drinking or cooking although you can wash in it. This water can be pumped into the house, which we have done from time to time and buy drinking water in bottles.

The HRW is sent throughout alot of my state through channels. it comes from dams, rivers & natural water storage. If your property has rights to some of this water you can pump straight from channels. You pay a small amount yrly. Ours is about $100-150 for 1 meg, we would never use it all.
edit on 28-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I know some people who live quite a distance from me who rely on cisterns for water and have to buy it.
Gets expensive!

Thanks!
I wish my wife shared your respect for "natural water"
She's a bottled water from the store kinda gal
lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

We actually just use our well water for the house

and collect rain water for our garden, outside stuff... etc

We have never had any issues with our well...

but you dont wanna take chances right?

thanks for replying!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I get my water from Mad River...it's good water and actually a pretty environmentally friendly system too. They do fluoridate it, but I use a reverse osmosis system to filter it.

bluelake.ca.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Whoever designed that .pdf did a great job...

It made me thirsty for the water of madness lol

seriously it looks quenching!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We get our water from a well which taps into the Ogallala Aquifer. I had it tested at a local university lab and it came back clean of environmental and naturally occurring pollutants. It is clean, delicious, and always nice and cold because it comes from 150 feet down.

Tap water from town tastes like over-chlorinated pool water after the 10 and under crowd has gone swimming in it. We have no fluoride from any sources, water or toothpaste. I haven't been able to think this clearly for years!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

awesome!
Congrats on the water tests!

A year or two back a group of researchers from the state department of "something-er-nother" went around testing water well around here. Ours turned out to be the best they seen... ever. no lie. unless they lied to me lol

The tap water from the nearest town, tastes about the same... its icky and makes you wanna vomit...
and People pay at least 80 bucks a month for it!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

There is no such thing as, the best they have ever seen. What a stupid statement.

You either meet EPA requirements or you don't.

And you don't know what panel of tests they ran either, unless they told you.It would cost about 10k at most labs to run all of the tests to know true potability.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I get my water from the Susquehanna, and my "hefty" water bill is 40 bucks a year.

And my impurities are taken out by a charcoal filter. No complaints here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

take it or leave it

They told me "Best we ever seen in the years we been doing this" is the actual official response I got

I dont know all the tests they ran as I didnt really care...

It was all part of a program that was trying to get a grant to bring "City Water" to the rural regions of Eastern Kentucky... They went around testing the waters to see how bad they were and try give us poor unfortunate well drinkers a monthly water bill... which around here isnt so cheap... at least 80 bucks a month

Glad your bill is cheap. Dont be so grouchy you should be happy with all that money your saving!

edit on 6/29/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join