It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grounded military airplane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Im driving around town and i had to stop at a light...i look up and i see a Osprey. Remember that aircraft. www.fas.org... I looked but didnt see if they were going to bring it back into service, anyone hear of anything about it being tested or returning?

I had my camera but it was in my backseat and i couldnt reach it in time...and yes i am sure it was a Osprey.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Where do you live? Are you by an airbase?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
More information than you can shake a stick at. lol I used the search function on ATS, results of this search below.

Osprey Search

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I heard the DoD were forging ahead to get a USMC development unit into service. I hear so much claim and counter claim about its capabilities -v- its faults I don't know if it will actually enter widespread.

Australia considered it as a DHC-4 Caribou replacement for the RAAF 10-12 years ago until it was figured out the IOC was a little on the optimistic side.

Until we see some coming back with battle damage and going out again in Iraq or Afghanistan I don't think people will beleive it has proven itself.

After all, thats one of the roles they wanted them for is'nt it?

Did I read right. CV-22s in the Presidential Flight? Thats what I call a win win situation

[edit on 9-10-2004 by craigandrew]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Craigandrew
Did I read right. CV-22s in the Presidential Flight? Thats what I call a win win situation

- The Presicent has never being on a Osprey nor will that ever be a transportation option.

I'm assuming you want bush in it to crash, so you could kinda kill 2 birds with one stone, or did I just misinterpret your last sentence.

top topics

join