It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why bother hiding your face on ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by TechUnique

You look like a gangbanger.
it is the pout that cracks me up!lucky we cant hear him too,white boy talking like he is black.another star and flag whore who is making this place more like facebook daily.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My avatar pic is a real pic of me, but for some reason, no-one will believe me.

It seems everyone has a preconceived idea that chimps cannot converse and type. ATS is the one place where I though people might actually accept the possibility of it being true, but alas, even ATS'ers are set in their ways.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I just see it as vanity to post a picture of yourself with a "deep" facial expression, with the secret hope that someone might "notice" you. It's a cry for attention and there are plenty of great examples on this site of people putting their face in their avatar only to draw people into their profile where scantily clad pictures of the author await.
It's something that ATS never needed, needs or will ever need. No one cares what you look like except what you have to say because in the end it's not your physical appearance that matters, only who you are as a person.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
My avatar pic is a real pic of me, but for some reason, no-one will believe me.

It seems everyone has a preconceived idea that chimps cannot converse and type. ATS is the one place where I though people might actually accept the possibility of it being true, but alas, even ATS'ers are set in their ways.
i believe you but can I ask ,why have your kind stopped evolving?.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I use my real face too. Not in recognizable format but connecting me to my real name and then face takes probably less than 5 secs. It's not like I'm here to plan revolutions.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

We didn't. We devolved.

I am one of the few of the ancient race left before the change happened.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

So was the woman you used to have as your avatar not you? I always thought she was extremely attractive.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I don't believe that's you in your avatar.

This is the internet, it's like a war zone..... believe nothing you hear and half of what you see and you might make it out alive.

That's not to say there's no truth on this site, there is......but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's a crapshoot. That's why "This site is for entertainment purposes only" ( Look it up) It's a legal technicality and if I owned this site, I'd use it too.

Trust me.

I have to get back to school, see ya.

You don't believe that's me In that bad picture of me? Fair enough

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I've never understood the need to post actual mugshots online. In the early days of the Internet, pseudonymity ensured a healthy separation between virtual and real-world activities. It can even encourage openness and honesty when discussing certain topics that users wish to remain 'off the record'. There's nothing dodgy about that either, since persistent online identities soon take on a reputation of their own.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Originally posted by aaaiii

You look like a gangbanger.
it is the pout that cracks me up!lucky we cant hear him too,white boy talking like he is black.another star and flag whore who is making this place more like facebook daily.

Haha.
1. Not entirely white.
2. Yes is a pout, gets you more female interest than you can imagine.
3. I contribute to this forum that's why I have stars and flags. Jealous?
(irony, before you go all braveheart)

This thread gave me a good few laughs upon waking up thanks guy!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
It seems everyone has a preconceived idea that chimps cannot converse and type.

I see the Nicorette is not working.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Why don't you guys use pictures of yourselves for avatars?

NO FREAK'N WAY.

There are too many crazy people who show up here. I wouldn't tell anyone my name or show my face. Did you know we've had at least two infamous shooters here? People who made the national news for shootings. And the feds investigated the postings of at least one of them if not both.

Then there are others who think that Timothy McVeigh deserves a statue because he was such a great American. And still others who belong to a certain violent religious group and that religious group doesn't think women should be outspoken like I am. god only knows what they could do if they knew where I lived.

I'd never intentionally reveal myself online. Too many kooks come through here ..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Ok what the hell. I'll post my pic.
Enjoy!

lmao, AWESOME.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't always have an avatar but when I do it's always Jack -> yeeti.com...
I hope that me using his picture won't be treated like identity theft... nobody would believe that it's him anyway :/

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

When I see a picture of someone who's posting I get.. well the bigger picture. Which is nice.

Now see, I just don't understand how someones picture is going to change anything about the content of their post. In fact, I find some peoples personal photo avatars distracting. I'm not here to meet cute girls, I'm not here to look at peoples faces, I see way too many faces on a daily basis to really care what any of you look like.

But, I'm not hiding, maybe when I get tired of my current avatar I'll use my facebook picture then you can all use facial recognition to stalk me.

Don't believe me? Go signup for google plus and tag yourself in a photo. You can opt into a service that uses facial recognition to scan photos and suggest your name as a tag if you are in it. I believe facebook has a similar service but I don't remember opting in, or out, of it.

Ahh what the hell, most of my facebook is public anyways, stalk away.

edit on 29-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

It's cropped, but I'm wearing a red shirt with the word "Expendable" on it, those who get it, don't get "it" a lot

edit on 29-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There are many reasons....

For example Gender would be a problem with someone, and others attitude sometimes change. Some males are "exta friendly" toward female avatars, even tho it could be another guy lol

I would like Race being not part of the discussion, again, people's view does change according to where they hear it from.

Age is another factor, old people can be dumb and young people can be smart. but we think otherwise...

and most of all, there are software to trace your image and link to all of the image on the internet....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This IS my real picture.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The last time I posted my picture on the Internet it set off a small nuclear explosion on the poor buggers computer who first found it. It took out half the town they were in and rendered it uninhabitable for several thousand years.

True story.

My reasoning is quite simple, I don't want to cause another holocaust!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join