It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why bother hiding your face on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You are not being real.
edit on 28-6-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I got nothing to hide really.

I express my disgust for all things establishment openly, I don't care if people judge me on it. If there is real faces behind every message it makes it more real, atleast for me. I also think decorum would be followed more if faces were exposed.

As for my screen name, I've used it under other sites, so I tend to keep things simple, even that contains part of my name, aniversary, and B-day.

edit on 28-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nobody has mentioned the fact that anybody can grab any photo off the net or family scrapbook and lay claim to it. Just because it is a "photo" doesn't mean that it is the person you are talking to.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I recall you saying she looked like your future ex-wife.

I actually did say that a few years ago. You have an amazing memory. Or maybe men always have an amazing memory where beauty is concerned.

I would definitely suggest the latter!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Do I... creep you out?

Do you want the honest answer or the tactful answer?

You are shexy.

That's exactly why people don't use their pix on sites like ATS.

Weirdo sleazy creep factor.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I thought that was you in your current avatar...
He's pretty sexy. For a Slayer and all.

Well, to be honest, this is me. I shaved for facebook.

Out on the town, clubbing...

edit on 28-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I thought that was you in your current avatar...
He's pretty sexy. For a Slayer and all.

Well, to be honest, this is me. I shaved for facebook.

Out on the town, clubbing...

You shaved the smoke and fire away too! Wouldn't want the fam to see you with bad habits!

Clubbing!
The first is still the best. Unless you can add some chicken and waffles in there somewhere... Then YOU ARE the MAN!

You are hilarious!
edit on 6/28/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/28/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I will admit something I do,every ATS avatar I see, I imagine that entity, whatever it is hunched infront of a computer, whether it be a cartoon, weird creature, or animal and that symbolizes that poster. When they change avatars, I need to get adjusted to the new character, it sounds silly but its a habbit

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
I will admit something I do,every ATS avatar I see, I imagine that entity, whatever it is hunched infront of a computer, whether it be a cartoon, weird creature, or animal and that symbolizes that poster. When they change avatars, I need to get adjusted to the new character, it sounds silly but its a habbit

I actually do the same thing. It can give you a really good laugh depending on the post and the avatar combination. Every poster here that uses an avatar for any length of time, it gets burned into my memory and takes me forever to get used to a new one when they change it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

When they change avatars, I need to get adjusted to the new character

huh

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Because it's one thing for law enforcement to trace who you are through an I.P. address, but it's another for one's employer or fellow employees, or influential people in one's own community to recognize you as the author of your posts.

What illegal things are you authoring on ATS then I have to wonder. I would think if you were posting illegal things then ATS would be on that?

Unless you mean the thought police, and well, they don't have much of a leg to stand on really, everything else that can be taken out of context is pretty much against the T&C.

And if you're the sort of person who's going to post "I plan on shooting a dozen random people over the next 12 months!" then I hope you do get caught -- not you personally, but the hypothetical you that thinks the law would for some reason spend energy, time and money tracing you because you like to meditate while polishing your weapons...

No, you have misconstrued the point I was trying to make mainidh. Sorry. To put it another way, one can say, "I'm not committing any crime by way of the statements and opinions I have made on ATS so therefore I have nothing to fear in the form of being investigated or prosecuted," BUT: "Although the statements I have made are not illegal, they could still be socially prejudicial against me from influential community identities who could use their prejudice to limit my social ambitions or needs."

Even so, regarding the law enforcement issue, one may not be breaking any laws today by expressing opinions which are against the interests of the government but as society evolves, these statements could be gathered to create a profile which describes a "potential" enemy of the state. But in this case a published photo of yourself makes little difference as everything about you could be traced via your I.S.P.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The percentage of lunatic to sane people is a lot higher here than most sites. Probably about 50/50. Scary! I don't want people to know everything about me, and I don't want to know everything about anyone here.

I let their words reveal to me who they are. That's enough.

edit on 6/28/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I don't believe that's you in your avatar.

This is the internet, it's like a war zone..... believe nothing you hear and half of what you see and you might make it out alive.

That's not to say there's no truth on this site, there is......but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's a crapshoot. That's why "This site is for entertainment purposes only" ( Look it up) It's a legal technicality and if I owned this site, I'd use it too.

Trust me.

I have to get back to school, see ya.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
I will admit something I do,every ATS avatar I see, I imagine that entity, whatever it is hunched infront of a computer, whether it be a cartoon, weird creature, or animal and that symbolizes that poster.

Will self destruct in 10 minutes....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is that really you Slayer?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hot Tamale!
Don't let it go to your head!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by kat2684

When they change avatars, I need to get adjusted to the new character

huh

Sounds like a gamer to me. She's cute, but she's probably been a gamer longer than a member here, so she doesn't really see the differences yet.

That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Nobody has mentioned the fact that anybody can grab any photo off the net or family scrapbook and lay claim to it. Just because it is a "photo" doesn't mean that it is the person you are talking to.

I was going to say this in another way...that, because of all the 'proof' A.R.'s - I could see a scenario where, even a real photo of yourself is questioned...

...who cares, really...people (especially the proof A.R.'s) make massively huge assumptions about your sex, personality, age etc...anyway...having a photo is no proof of anything really...and hardly lends credence or not to any discussion...
Everything is seen anyway...how you respond, what you say, what you call people etc...as a social site, it loses...but as a discussion board, it wins...regardless of the differing of opinions...

akushla

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Is that really you Slayer?

Yeah, Slayer69 is really Humphrey Bogart.

And I'm Johnny Depp.

( No, really)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join