<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Remembering Zecharia Sitchin

Remembering Mr. Zecharia Sitchin on his birthday, July 11. A brilliant scholar,
a true teacher - my mentor.
Thinking of you fondly, Mr. Sitchin, today and always. -- Inge from Colorado

Picture taken on Feb. 13, 2010 at the Lifetime Achievement Award Luncheon in Los Angeles.

Image below From the CoastToCoast web site; www.coasttocoastam.com...

In our Image of the Day, Inge shares her photo of the late Zecharia Sitchin in remembrance of his July 11th birthday. He is pictured at the Lifetime Achievement Luncheon...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

I was invited to be a guest on Coast to Coast AM. Former host Art Bell asked me if I would debate Zecharia Sitchin live on the show and I accepted. Sitchin has never returned the favor.

Michael Heiser from Sitchin Is Wrong.Com

Remember that.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by chrisb9

I was invited to be a guest on Coast to Coast AM. Former host Art Bell asked me if I would debate Zecharia Sitchin live on the show and I accepted. Sitchin has never returned the favor.

Michael Heiser from Sitchin Is Wrong.Com

Remember that.

Hello Michael Heiser, and guess what? I do remember that, and I know exactly who you are. I've read your website, and I know of your advanced education in reading ancient texts. You have very advanced degree's and credentials in these fields and no one can dispute that fact.

When I first heard Sitchin being interviewed on Coast to Coast many years ago, I thought to myself - what a rediculous and insane story this man Sitchin is trying to tell. I've studied the bible all of my life, and know it all from cove to cover, so naturally at first I could not possibly accept any of his teachings.

I have also been studying ancient civilizations especially ancient Egypt and the Pyramids for many years too. After hearing Sitchin being interviewd by George Noory, I did more research on the subject and came across your website. After reading all of your conclusions and rebuttle's to Stichin's Findings, I felt like You where correct and Sitchin was wrong. I even emailed your website and details about your findings to George Noory about 5 Years ago on a day he was going to have Sitchin as a guest, the only time I have ever emailed the Coast to Coast show. I thought I was giving a good tip to him, in hind sight he was already well aware of your studies and knew who you where.

So At first I believed and came to the same conclusions that you have, that was before reading any of Sitchins books. Since then, I have read all of his books, and his research is quite extensive too you must admit.

Anyway, After reading all of Sitchins books, and then finding the same stories of this Ancient Planet Nibiru, and the Ancient Annunaki Alien "gods" little g - in other writings that where not Sitchin's - I've changed my mind into believing his version of what actually went down back in those very Ancient Pre-Civilization years. Let me explain.

In my opinion, there is enough substantial evidence from many historic text's that more than substantiate Sitchin's claims. The " Epic of Gilgamesh " and many other ancient stories and of course the Ancient Landing sites, ie Balbek in Lebanon, and all of the other Megolithic Sites World Wide that no normal man, at any point in history could have Ever Built. After studying these ancient texts for years, and all of the Megolithic Evidence - I have come to the conclusion that even though Sitchin and You have some disagreament on various meanings of certain ancient texts, quite understandable I might ad, However I still came to the conclusion that Sitchin has nailed the ancient story of mankind. Just by putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together, then looking at them from all angles, and from many scientific disciplines is how I have come to my conclusions.

I have also written a book on the what the Pyramids actually where, why they where built, and what they actally did.
After reading Chris Dunn's findings about the Pyramids. Chris Dunn concluded that the Great Pyramid was some type of a power generator, but he has not come to a conclusion as to what it actually did etc. I wrote my ebook back in 2007, under a " Pen Name ", I have not really advertised it that much, but plan on doing so at the end of this year. It is a short book, not filled with endless scientific calculations that only serve to bloat a book up, bore everyone to death that reads it, and put them to sleep. I only cover the actual facts of the pyramid and answer the obvious questions by bringing all of the pieces of the puzzle together.

Of course there will be many who will not agree with my findings either. That is ok with me, because I am satisfied that I have actually proved what the Great Pyramid actually did, and why it was built by Properly Placing it into Historical and Biblical context.

Thank you Michael for your reply today, and for all of your meticulous work and research in these fields. We might disagree on what the ancient cuniform tablets actually said, that is only to be expected from people of our modern age, trying to make the Ancient Words Fit into our Modern Vocabulary. I think that is actually the only problem, because we are so many, many thousands of years removed from when the ancient cuniform tablets where written, and of course there would be some time distortion in what some of the words mean. That is the nature of the problem in trying to decipher ancient words and make them fit into our words today.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

So you don't have any response related to the fact that Sitchin wouldn't debate Heiser live on Coast To Coast?

BTW, I like watching shows like Ancient Aliens. I was intrigued by Dunn's ideas about the pyramids being used to generate power. He seems like a pretty smart guy. I don't know enough about it to really have an opinion on it though. I'm more concerned with the massive proliferation of nibiru nonsense.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9
When I first heard Sitchin being interviewed on Coast to Coast many years ago, I thought to myself - what a rediculous and insane story this man Sitchin is trying to tell. I've studied the bible all of my life, and know it all from cove to cover, so naturally at first I could not possibly accept any of his teachings.
You've written a book and you cannot even spell ridiculous???

Like DenyObfuscation, I too watch Ancient Aliens. It's a fascinating spin on our ancient past. However, instead of presenting proof of Ancient Aliens, the presenters state this could not have been done by man so it must be aliens.

It is an interesting theory, and to some extent it holds merit. However, they are overlooking plausible and proven explanations to justify there own.

The fact of the matter is, we do not know what happened in the ancient or pre-historic past. This is why we continue to look there.

-saige-

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is the main problem I have with this whole topic...It originated with Sitchin, and a careful study of his work shows that he just plain made stuff up, not to mention the lack of any real scholarly work. All scholars in the field denounce not only his translations, but his interpretations as well. They have the Sumerian texts online now, and much of what he did can be refuted by someone without specialized knowledge. But, for those who want a breakdown, Google sitchiniswrong and it is the first result...Here is an excerpt, and a little about the presentation:

My name is Mike Heiser. Who am I? The short answer is that I'm a scholar of biblical and ancient Near Eastern languages, cultures, and religions. Why do I bother with this stuff? Because I don't like ancient texts manipulated to promote false claims. If I were a lawyer I'd feel professionally obligated to tell you if someone was giving you bad legal advice. If I was a medical doctor, I'd owe you the truth if I knew the medicine you were taking was bogus or could kill you. If I was an accountant, I'd let you know if a neighbor's tax advice could put you in jail. I'm none of those things, but I'm trying to provide the same service in my areas of expertise. I can tell you--and show you--that what Sitchin has written about Nibiru, the Anunnaki, the book of Genesis, the Nephilim, and a host of other things has absolutely no basis in the real data of the ancient world. I don't doubt that Zecharia Sitchin is a nice guy; he's just wrong. Nothing personal.

So...................whos to say this guy is any more qualified then Stichin..Oh yea,Nothing personal [/ex]

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All these nibiru posts need to stop. If it were there, we would have seen it by now. End of.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well said, your thread. But:
Unmentioned amid all this Nibiru chatter is the Mayan calendar. I believe that's where this superanimated chatter comes from.
The Maya were fascinated with the sun, the planets and the stars. They calculated some 1.8 million days. They broke down time into increments more intricate than our months, years, decades and centuries.
On their long calender, the 13th -- and final -- baktun ends on the winter solstice this year, Dec. 21. Some would say this is no more significant than an odometer rolling over. I think there is more to it.
Somehow, the Maya understood something of astronomy. Somehow, the Maya attached great significance to the "cyclical" aspect of time. Somehow, they concluded that the final baktun in this series would end Dec. 21, 2012.
I find it hard to believe that, given the precision of their astronomical calculations, the Maya have designated the final baktun to conclude with no more significance than an odometer rolling over.
If Nibiru IS approaching, I think the Maya somehow knew this. And somehow they knew when it would arrive.
That odometer silliness aside, start paying attention to the sky and what is taking place on Earth (July being the hottest month ever, for example).

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Edword

The Mayans used a calendar called the long count. It has no end. The 13th baktun is not the last. There is no end to the counting of days. The long count is not cyclical. It is linear. The Mayans had other calendars that were cyclical.

The odometer analogy is not silly. That is the way our calendar works. Our calendar is even more precise since we know the error of the calendar - something the Mayans did not. Modern time keeping includes the use of leap seconds - something far too precise for the Mayans.

The truth is that Nibiru is a fiction created by Sitchin.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post, I may cover what others have said but this is something I've wanted to get off my chest about this topic.

Some people believe that planet X or Nibiru (essentially the same thing) are/is a physical object that is visible with the human eye. Whereas my research into this topic suggests that planet X or Nibiru is a entity that has no physical appearance to our consciousness.

There are Egyptian and Mayan walls and drawings depicting a wormhole like appearances -Similar to the link below-
www.youtube.com...

Again Egyptian and Mayan walls and drawings showing angel like humanoids coming down from this wormhole like depiction. which I'm pretty sure you'll find on the internet!!

Now, just drifting away from the walls and drawings, I've been told from a personal source whom is one of the council of nine and may be known as 'number 4', that Nibiru or Planet X to be the home of extra terrestrial being above humans, I do know information on this but i am having difficulty presenting this information to you guys. I don't know whether you guys will follow this but these terrestrial are the closest thing to human beings, that's as much as i can say as this present time.

I've also heard many people claim Nibiru or Planet X to be a death-star (like in star wars), well Egyptians and Aztecs recorded events of what they seen then and we're currently seeing unfold and humans still live on earth so there is no 'death star' there.

Other accusations of it being a star or an asteroid also wouldn't add up given that Nibiru orbits on a oval around our solar system and takes 3600 years to complete a entire orbit (stars strictly orbit other stars and Asteroids dont go on oval orbits). Which brings me to another point that 3600 years ago was the roughly the beggining of Rome and was also the time in which Egypt had its Empire and when the Mayan were in there Early Pre-classic period. This would also make sense to why the Mayan calendar stops at 2012 as the humanoids, Extra terrestrials or whatever you wish to name them would have given them knowledge of whatever they wanted them to know.

What you'll also find is that a lot of this information has be manipulated in things like the bible and other religious texts. Like Noah's Arc and many other ideas found in such texts. (this i found out from a very trusty friend).

Hope this has helped any of you who wanted background information on Nibiru or Planet X...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First, clarity:

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Edword

The Mayans used a calendar called the long count. It has no end. The 13th baktun is not the last. There is no end to the counting of days. The long count is not cyclical. It is linear. The Mayans had other calendars that were cyclical.

The odometer analogy is not silly. That is the way our calendar works. Our calendar is even more precise since we know the error of the calendar - something the Mayans did not. Modern time keeping includes the use of leap seconds - something far too precise for the Mayans.

The truth is that Nibiru is a fiction created by Sitchin.

Then, whatever this is:

Originally posted by SoloSoul
Hey guys, this is my first post, I may cover what others have said but this is something I've wanted to get off my chest about this topic.

Some people believe that planet X or Nibiru (essentially the same thing) are/is a physical object that is visible with the human eye. Whereas my research into this topic suggests that planet X or Nibiru is a entity that has no physical appearance to our consciousness.

There are Egyptian and Mayan walls and drawings depicting a wormhole like appearances -Similar to the link below-
www.youtube.com...

Again Egyptian and Mayan walls and drawings showing angel like humanoids coming down from this wormhole like depiction. which I'm pretty sure you'll find on the internet!!

Now, just drifting away from the walls and drawings, I've been told from a personal source whom is one of the council of nine and may be known as 'number 4', that Nibiru or Planet X to be the home of extra terrestrial being above humans, I do know information on this but i am having difficulty presenting this information to you guys. I don't know whether you guys will follow this but these terrestrial are the closest thing to human beings, that's as much as i can say as this present time.

Stereologist,

Don't you hate when that happens?

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
When the Spanish attacked the Maya, they destroyed almost all of their books and writings. The only scriptures left behind mentioned nothing of the calendar. It's annoying how all these people are jumping to conclusions on how the world is going to end and whatnot.
It is peculiar why the calendar ends on that date, I must add. The fact that it's winter solstice. There's only one winter solstice every year, it can't just be a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SoloSoul

Other accusations of it being a star or an asteroid also wouldn't add up given that Nibiru orbits on a oval around our solar system and takes 3600 years to complete a entire orbit (stars strictly orbit other stars and Asteroids dont go on oval orbits). Which brings me to another point that 3600 years ago was the roughly the beggining of Rome and was also the time in which Egypt had its Empire and when the Mayan were in there Early Pre-classic period. This would also make sense to why the Mayan calendar stops at 2012 as the humanoids, Extra terrestrials or whatever you wish to name them would have given them knowledge of whatever they wanted them to know.

You do realize that this does not make sense and is in many ways not true.

(At this point I take a deep breath and try to figure out how to unravel these comments.)
All objects have an oval orbit. Sometimes the oval looks just like a circle. We think of the larger object as being stationary and the small object orbiting it. It's often an acceptable simplification.

Take a look at Ceres. It is a bi asteroid and it has an orbit with an eccentricity of 0.07934. Compare that to Earth's orbit with an eccentricity of 0.01671123. The orbit of Ceres is much more oval than the Earth's.
en.wikipedia.org...

Saying that the beginning of Rome was roughly 3600 years ago is pretty rough. It is closer to 2900 years ago. At 3600 years ago the ancient Egyptians entered their largest expansion and power. And it is also correct that the Mayan civilization had just begun.

So now you point out that a few places existed at 3600 years ago. One civilization did not exist. One civilization was beginning. And the third you mention is reaching its greatest power. What does any of that have to do with 2012? Nothing actually.

Don't you hate when that happens?

Mistakes are not so bad as are claims of knowing number 4.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I can agree that at points throughout time, it is possible for catastrophes to occur in patterns. Whether that has anything to do with the rise and falls of nations, civilisations, I do not know. This nibiru stuff though is becoming a joke. The more people ramble on about it, the quicker it sinks.

Apart from Sitchen and maybe a few other people, Is there actually any other information then a 3600 yr oval orbit, 2012, doomsday and wackos on youtube? Really, this theory is based on pretty much a couple of pieces of information. It is laughable.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I don't think Sitchin's work is completely bogus. I do have hard time accepting that a planet could support life at such an elongated orbit as suggested by Sitchin. Astronomers did find a brown dwarf already so there is no more argument about that but we know its trajectory too (so it's not coming near us--It was CNN).

I'm not an archaeologist nor can I read ancient Sumerian. And I also know that science is more complicated than what the lay person realizes. But there have been shady actions by some archaeologists.

Take the sphinx for example. Now a lot of these things about the pyramids and the sphinx can be successfully refuted. But what about the rain erosion on the body of the sphinx? There has NOT been an adequate explanation for it by mainstream scientists. I watched this debunking video and it was pretty good except when they tried to explain the rain erosion. Salt deposits? really? They spent 10 seconds, simply stating the erosion pattern on the Sphinx was caused by salt deposits. I've seen salt deposit erosion, doesn't look like that to me. It looked like rain erosion. There was a huge debate when it first came out between Geologists and Archaeologists about the rain erosion and then nothing. Why?

People who tried to debunk climate change also had "scientists" stating it wasn't real. The thing with Sitchen is compelling. I find it fascinating. So while I am huge advocate for real science and critical thinking, I am a bit weary when it comes to archaeology. There are political and social motivations to hide the truth for us in those respects. I mean think about it. Think about the rain erosion on the Sphinx. The rain erosion radically re-dates its creation and therefore disrupts current theories on the evolution of human civilization.
edit on 6-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kisharninmah
There has NOT been an adequate explanation for it by mainstream scientists.

Perhaps not adequate for you, a person with no knowledge of geology and erosion.

Originally posted by kisharninmah The thing with Sitchen is compelling. I find it fascinating. So while I am huge advocate for real science and critical thinking, I am a bit weary when it comes to archaeology. There are political and social motivations to hide the truth for us in those respects. I mean think about it. Think about the rain erosion on the Sphinx. The rain erosion radically re-dates its creation and therefore disrupts current theories on the evolution of human civilization.

Even if the sphinx was eroded by rain, it hardly redates the thing. In fact, the "alternative" dating for the sphinx done by Schoch wasn't based on water erosion at all, but on subsurface degradation of the bedrock limestone due to exposure to air (not water.)

Also, what has Schoch's claim about the sphinx to do with Sitchin and his bogus rewrites of Sumerian literature?

Harte

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

There has NOT been an adequate explanation for it by mainstream scientists.

Perhaps not adequate for you, a person with no knowledge of geology and erosion.

Originally posted by kisharninmah The thing with Sitchen is compelling. I find it fascinating. So while I am huge advocate for real science and critical thinking, I am a bit weary when it comes to archaeology. There are political and social motivations to hide the truth for us in those respects. I mean think about it. Think about the rain erosion on the Sphinx. The rain erosion radically re-dates its creation and therefore disrupts current theories on the evolution of human civilization.

Even if the sphinx was eroded by rain, it hardly redates the thing. In fact, the "alternative" dating for the sphinx done by Schoch wasn't based on water erosion at all, but on subsurface degradation of the bedrock limestone due to exposure to air (not water.)

Also, what has Schoch's claim about the sphinx to do with Sitchin and his bogus rewrites of Sumerian literature?

Harte

Shoch's claims has nothing to do with Sitchin. I was just saying that I don't trust some mainstream archaeology and that is the reason why. Look, my degree is in physics. I am scientist. But I also admit that I find Sitchin's stuff fascinating. So did Einstein. There is a letter proving that. But I will be the first to say that I am not an archaeologist. Okay, so it's more than likely all hogwash. I'd like to think not but that is just because the idea of it excites me. And my first research was in geochemistry. I worked on calcium deposits at Painted Cave. So I'm not completely inept in Geology. Rain erosion does radically re-date the sphinx because there hasn't been rain in that area for about 10,000 years. I think that is pretty radical.
edit on 6-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But I also admit that I find Sitchin's stuff fascinating. So did Einstein. There is a letter proving that.

Are you sure?

I believe that the letter you refer to had to do with Charles Hapgood's bogus theory on polar shift, which Einstein remarked on in a forward to Hapgood's book, and was not related to anything Sitchin lied about (Sitchin's first book was published twenty years after Einstein died - not that such a misfortune would have prevented Sitchin from claiming Einstein supported him! LOL)

Originally posted by kisharninmah But I will be the first to say that I am not an archaeologist. Okay, so it's more than likely all hogwash. I'd like to think not but that is just because the idea of it excites me.

I can appreciate that for your hobnesty. And believe me, I really do know the feeling. Regarding your background/education, I can certainly appreciate that as well. Good for you!

Originally posted by kisharninmahRain erosion does radically re-date the sphinx because there hasn't been rain in that area for about 10,000 years. I think that is pretty radical.

See, that last (bolded) part is your own assumption. There's no reason to think that.

Harte

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kisharninmah

Astronomers did find a brown dwarf already so there is no more argument about that but we know its trajectory too (so it's not coming near us--It was CNN).

Actually, no they didn't. The story you're referring to is in reference to a paper by Matese & Whitmire from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. They hypothesized the existence of a gas giant in the Oort Cloud that would explain the orbits of long-period comets. They believe that if it exists it will be found in the WISE data. So far no one has found a trace of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Lol, I think you're right about the Einstein letter. It was someone at NASA who spoke with Sitchin, and it was about Planet X. Hypothesis/assumption, fair enough, but it wasn't just pulled out of thin air. I would like to read more on how it is being studied. I guess it's not that radical either. Thank you for your correction on the Einstein thing.

new topics
top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join