page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by LoveandLightandRainbows

Yes, I am of the Other, Higher Frequencies

Ahh...another alien joins ATS.....welcome!

I have been here all along.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveandLightandRainbows

That's real deep. Now fix this quote

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Isn't that the truth! I'm so very thankful that you've taken the time to join us here and share with us your overflowing love and light. I have to admit, this outpouring touched me, We know in our hearts that we must strive to use humor with reverence, and to be compassionate to others, even when we disagree with them.

If you need help from an inferior say so or get a mod.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Ooops. Looks like you won't be getting anymore replies. For awhile anyway.

I need to add that to my notes: Don't claim to be from Nibiru or you'll get banned.......

just kidding (and off topic, sorry).

back on topic......

Uhm....what were we discussing? After that guy and then 9/11 being brought up I've lost track.....

Oh yes, Nibiru and why people feel it exists. I think ATS member switching yard had a very good question on this and wanted to see some responses from people (other than "because I saw a YouTube video" or "Because I listen to that Donny guy...").

I read Sitchin's books too years ago, and the more I learned about Astronomy and Astrophysics the more I shook my head at them. I'd like to hear other's reasons why they feel the way they do.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Ooops. Looks like you won't be getting anymore replies. For awhile anyway.

Now that's a real shame. I really thought we would find out where this elusive (or is it illusive) nibiru is located. At least we still have Donny.

As for why I don't believe in nibiru as a planet, I simply have yet to see any reason to. The only thing I can possibly think of to add to virtually everything from the likes of yourself, the OP, ngc and all of the other very well informed members on this issue is simply that it seems to me that every bit of pro-nibiru information turns out to be either demonstrably incorrect or relies upon "I think it's there, prove it's not". Also the infrared claims irk me to no end.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for adding the link that explained Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of Tiamat. I should have done that.

I believe the image of the asteroid belt I showed includes the dust particles of the belt per the wikipedia article. I have read that the total mass of the asteroid belt would not collectively produce a significant planet. However, one could assume that most of the material would be far flung from its source. Also, a number of roaming comets could have been from its gaseous exterior.

I am glad you are familiar with The Exploded Planet Hypothesis 2000. I stumbled across that website back in 2003. I think I need to give it a fresh read one more time.

After looking at Cylinder Seal VA243 a few more times a pondering thought came to me. If I didn't know any better it seems the image on their wall is showing a large luminous comet with asteroids surrounding it. Maybe the image is showing a time when the inhabitants of Sumer witnessed a large group of comets and asteroids passing together over earth's night sky.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Actually the most popular theory of planet formation for the inner solar system holds that there were somewhere around 20 rocky planets of various shapes and sizes at the very beginning, and while still gathering matter and cooling, we had a lot of impacts and near misses resulting in planets obliterating each other (giving other planets yet more material to aquire), changing of orbits that led to a fall into the sun, or flung out of our solar system.

Note how I said "most popular theory", as in truth, even with the most modern super computers to run simulations, without a time machine to go back and look, we'll never really truly know.
If we can some day see in greater detail other systems forming, it will give us even better data to work with, but again, while things might follow a trend, it won't prove exactly how our system formed.

If we look at Sitchin's theory, we have a planet that impacted with another planet that had formed between Mars and Jupiter.
Okay, that's not far fetched, as again, the most popular theory says there were many planets colliding then. So I can buy that.

The impact split this planet in half.
This is a little hard to swallow, but not completely impossible. It would depend on Nibiru's size, Tiamat's size, angle of impact, velocity, etc. Many computer models show that rocky planets tend to obliterate each other on impact, with one possibly retaining enough material to reform. The Earth's Moon impact theory has the Mars sized planet and Earth doing just that, but it had to hit at just the right angle too.

Then Nibiru came around and impacted the remains again, causing one half to move away and end up in Earth's orbit, and actually became the Earth.
Now this step is much more hard to swallow. Nibiru hitting a planet split it in two, and then the next time it impacted it just caused one half to move and later it became Earth. If you think about the forces involved, if it broke the first planet in half, I'd hate to think of what it would do smashing into that half again. To me it would be obliterated or added to Nibiru's mass.

Then here comes Nibiru again, only this time it's one of it's moons that hits the other half of the original Tiamat and that shatters it so that it becomes what is now the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.
That part boggles the mind. Nibiru itself only splits Tiamat in 2 pieces, then hits again and only pushes on piece into Earth orbit, yet on the 3rd time around, a much smaller moon is able to smash the rest of Tiamat into all the pieces of the Asteroid belt.

There are a lot of problems and unknowns here with this idea. First, Nibiru's size. It would have to have been at least 3 times or more massive than Earth (since Earth is 1/2 of Tiamat according to this theory, and Nibiru was able to break it into 2, yet remain pretty much intact), not impossible of course, but would be a requirement.
Next is the formation of 1/2 of Tiamat into the Earth. The 2nd collision somehow sent that mass into Earth's current orbit (which is a very stable orbit around the sun......if I were a betting man the odds against that are so high I'd call anyone else a fool for betting on it).
Then there is the last half of Tiamat being shattered by one of Nibiru's moons, forming the Asteroid bet. The problem with that as you pointed out is: the amount of material in the asteroid belt if put together is only 4% of our moon. That's tiny, and wouldn't equate to 1/2 of Tiamat which would be close to Earth's mass of course.

You mentioned that most of the material might have been flung out from this shattering, and might be an answer, except: it was Nibiru's moon that did this shattering, and Nibiru itself was only able to split Tiamat in half and bounce 1/2 to Earth orbit, so that just doesn't add up I'm afraid.

Most modern theories hold that the asteroid belt formed because gravitational perturbations from Jupiter kept anything from forming there. The other reason that many accept that theory is because of the composition of the asteroids in the belt: they are made up a many different compositons, meaning that they didn't all come from one planet.

Of course if Nibiru is a Jupiter +4 sized planet or brown dwarf none of Sitchin's theory would hold up either. A gas giant that size (or worse, a brown dwarf) would have swallowed Tiamat whole, not split it in two.

So does this destroy Nibiru? Well I think it makes Sitchin's theories wrong. Is there some rogue planet out there?

I'm open to suggestions and speculation (which is fun), but not Sitchin Dogma.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Some commonly accepted details of Sitchen's Anunnaki story seem puzzling to me. Granted, I have not read his books.

If the Anunnaki are an advanced alien civilization, why would they need slaves? Surely, they wouldn't do their mining by having slaves dig in the ground with primitive tools and baskets, because if they are advanced they will have large scale, mechanized mining as you can see at the major strip mining sites in America... huge excavation machines, huge trucks, etc. We humans are not really very advanced at this time, but we do have heavy machinery to do ore mining. To be fair, I know there are African diamond mines that still use human labor and some mines in South America use human labor.

But imagine us getting so advanced in technology that we can travel to another earth-like planet. Are we going to say to ourselves, "Hey, let's create some slaves by manipulating the DNA of those animals over there and then our slaves can dig up some gold for us to take back to Earth and then we'll be rich" ? I'm having a hard time picturing this. We're supposed to believe the Anunnaki had spacecraft large enough to haul home thousands of tons of gold, but they didn't bring any mining machinery with them so they created a slave race to hand dig and hand carry ore.

And then, we're supposed to believe that the ancient Sumerians worshipped these 'gods' ? Did they give thanks for being made to be slave workers? Gee, thanks for making me a slave !?!? I don't get it.

Can anyone who has read a Sitchen book explain the logic of making slaves for mining, please?

No need to explain Sitchin's logic, as there is none. Also, these stories come straight out of Mesopotamian myth:

1-11 In those days, in the days when heaven and earth were created; in those nights, in the nights when heaven and earth were created; in those years, in the years when the fates were determined; when the Anuna gods were born; when the goddesses were taken in marriage; when the goddesses were distributed in heaven and earth; when the goddesses ...... became pregnant and gave birth; when the gods were obliged (?) ...... their food ...... for their meals; the senior gods oversaw the work, while the minor gods were bearing the toil. The gods were digging the canals and piling up the silt in Harali. The gods, dredging the clay, began complaining about this life.

12-23 At that time, the one of great wisdom, the creator of all the senior gods, Enki lay on his bed, not waking up from his sleep, in the deep engur, in the flowing water, the place the inside of which no other god knows. The gods said, weeping: "He is the cause of the lamenting!" Namma, the primeval mother who gave birth to the senior gods, took the tears of the gods to the one who lay sleeping, to the one who did not wake up from his bed, to her son: "Are you really lying there asleep, and ...... not awake? The gods, your creatures, are smashing their ....... My son, wake up from your bed! Please apply the skill deriving from your wisdom and create a substitute (?) for the gods so that they can be freed from their toil!"

24-37 At the word of his mother Namma, Enki rose up from his bed. In Hal-an-kug, his room for pondering, he slapped his thigh in annoyance. The wise and intelligent one, the prudent, ...... of skills, the fashioner of the design of everything brought to life birth-goddesses (?). Enki reached out his arm over them and turned his attention to them. And after Enki, the fashioner of designs by himself, had pondered the matter, he said to his mother Namma: "My mother, the creature you planned will really come into existence. Impose on him the work of carrying baskets. You should knead clay from the top of the abzu; the birth-goddesses (?) will nip off the clay and you shall bring the form into existence. Let Ninmah act as your assistant; and let Ninimma, Cu-zi-ana, Ninmada, Ninbarag, Ninmug, ...... and Ninguna stand by as you give birth. My mother, after you have decreed his fate, let Ninmah impose on him the work of carrying baskets."

Source: The Myth of Enki and Ninmah
That is the version from Sumer. The Babylonian version is different.

As you can see, Sitchin made up the part about the gold. In fact, the gods were themselves responsible for growing and collecting their own food, building their own homes, buuilding their own irrigation canals, etc. Enki had the idea to create a creature to do this for them.

Obviously, these gods were not technically advanced. One of the things they hated to do was make bricks.

At any rate, there's no need to explain what you've asked for explanations for. It's just the myth.

Harte

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Nibiru was indeed the planet of the crossing. Once there was a planet between earth and mars. That planet became our moon. Follow the link and you will find a communication of the Harvard university about hat possible statement.

www.evawaseerst.be...

In unsuspected times when planets far from the Sun could only be ice worlds, and brown dwarfs only existed in fantasy, Sitchin stated that there was an unknown planet in our solar system. The planet radiated heat, but was so much cooled of, that her intelligent beings were looking for an alternative. The gods -according to Sitchin- left their inhospitable home, and choose earth, with all its problems, as a refuge.

[We don’t follow Sitchin everywhere, but he was wright about the most important thing: ‘The gods came from a hidden planet in our solar system and took the female Homo sapiens (woman are more attractive even for genetic engineers) to transplant their soul.’]

[By the way: paintings before the mega disasters show that woman -not man- were the most intelligent. Sculptures are all woman. No credible sign of a male, no sign of aggression or sex, no sign of greed and power … really those features look more woman than man. The gods (Isis and all other real old moon gods) were woman.]

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think I'm going to set aside all the talk about Nibiru until evidence appears in the sky or credible astronomers hold a press conference to let us all know that it's real. Sorry, but Donny is not a credible astronomer. He is a guy who sells ads on his websites and asks fans to donate to him. As far as I know, he has zero academic credentials in astronomy. I still watch Donny's videos (I've seen all of them so far) just to see if he can come up with anything really interesting. It's kind of entertaining, but as comedy not as serious science.

I was interested in understanding the genetic engineering side of Sitchin's theory, but no one answered my questions so I'm going to conclude that Sitchin was wrong about that. You know, I've seen some of Sitchin's lectures on YouTube and I'm not impressed. Like, he'll point to a Sumerian illustration of a person holding a clay pot and say look there is an example of the clay pots humans were engineered in. Clay pots? Not test tubes in labs?

If there were Anunnaki who colonized Earth, they would have had to do genetic engineering and patiently cultivate the new species (humans) over at least a couple of thousand years to get humans up to the population numbers and intelligence to perform whatever slave tasks they had in mind. I'm just not buying it.

Adios, Nibiru thread. I'll be back if anything really interesting and credible happens that indicates Nibiru is near.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard

Adios, Nibiru thread. I'll be back if anything really interesting and credible happens that indicates Nibiru is near.

So we'll never see you again?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Of all of these theories, the nemesis theory seems to be the most logical. If there was a specific cycle which would send objects our direction every 26M years or whatever, it wouldn't mean that one of them hits Earth every time, so if periodicity is any varying multiple of 26M, it could be true. (I don't know if it is, and haven't looked into it, just a thought)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sorry but I need to ask.... This is a joke right?

Originally posted by The GameKeeper
Its as clear as day Excalibur is a paid government shill/troll trying to dissuade people from the truth. I will not reply to any of you soul-sellers trying to twist my words either. I have seen PlanetX clear as day and it is very close as we speak. The problem Mr. XCalibur has is people like ME.

The ultimate proof is here: www.youtube.com...

more proof here - www.youtube.com...

Lastly, here are two videos of mine that show PX/winged disk with a infra red filter. Youll see the winged disk which resembles the white bird on soho images, this is our creator here - www.youtube.com...

and this one is my favorite as it shows the cross(planetx) that the sun dies on.. this is as clear as day people dont listen to these evil-doers trying to covberup what is now exposed - www.youtube.com...

ask yourself, who am I going to believe? The ancients, or our modern day scientists who all signed a secret oath to keep the truth hidden and pledged their soul to Lucifer?

and if what ive shown hasnt convinced you yet.. maybe this video which shows nibiru in almost every major corporate logo will - www.youtube.com...

So Mr Xcalibur Ive challenged your lies and exposed your agenda.. and Im sure that makes your blood boil

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef
Sorry but I need to ask.... This is a joke right?

No, it's just a case of poor vocabulary.

That, or "ultimate PROOF" is to be found on Youtube.

Somehow, that just seems incorrect. I mean, think about it. What is that sentence communicating?

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zandra

That link is full of big mistakes. It mentions Isis. Isis was the daughter of other gods. Osiris her husband was older. It claims the gods were women. Not true.

Once there was a planet between earth and mars. That planet became our moon. Follow the link and you will find a communication of the Harvard university about hat possible statement.

That's not true either.

A link to the article is below. The abstract does not suggest that this has anything to do with the Moon. It also does not suggest that a planet was there.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Planetary Dynamics of the 12th Planet

Here is the first paragraph on this website that is well worth reading and contemplating. There may be many members here on ATS who have read this before, but try to keep in mind that there are many who have not seen or read this information. Please try to keep in mind that no one person or group has a monopoly on all of the information or knowledge on this ancient subject.

"Presently the world is in debate concerning the unusual weather patterns, global warming and icecaps melting on Earth, presently happening at an unprecedented rate. Speculation and theories are now running rampant, but consensus points to global warming, but with the future of mankind on the line why has the US ignore world views? The true cause is unknown to most of the world's scientists, but those in the know have been promised safety for their silence. Can the common man prove otherwise, no. Information to an Earth changing event would be of the highest secrecy. If it comes they are prepared, you are not. If it doesn't life continues with its inequalities maintained. What signs would occur if an event was known to occur soon and little record keeping would left for checks and balances? Wholesale looting of the banking systems, consumer accounts and ignorance of Earth changes. Acquisition of natural resources would be of prime importance at any cost. Sadly all of these events have occurred, for those in the know of a timely event, many hedged their actions assuming they will never be confronted for the atrocities. Individual men made these decisions out greed and self, not governments. The primary problem is the longer the timeline to passage the greater the chance of exposure, so the games play on. Is it fair, no. But neither is life. What is done has past, move on, you can not alter. Can you change the laws where the common man is treated more fairly, there is hope there. This action is in your hands with the power of the vote and accountability for both sides of power.

Presently the object appears here, there and doubt sets in as denial is high. This interloper that has arrived into our inner solar system and is presenting a new threat. We will examine planetary dynamics of this 12th planet, its orbital path, and the resultant effects on a global scale during its passage of Earth."

Website Link below:

www.grantchronicles.com...

If this site and information has been posted before, my apologies as I have not seen it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Here is the first paragraph on this website that is well worth reading and contemplating.

No, it's the usual Planet X rubbish.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

It's amazing how on that entire page the only link to "evidence" goes to ZetaTalk. Everything else is just the author throwing out claims with no support. Yet, despite this, you seem to believe it wholeheartedly. And those who argue against Nibiru are the sheeple?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Xcalibur it's like I have said before.

We are "sheeple" and those that spread this information are, for the most part, "morples".

I understand having faith in an idea, don't get me wrong, but when faced with evidence that proves the idea as false, it is usually a good idea to go back review your data and determine another possibility.

-saige-

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by chrisb9

It's amazing how on that entire page the only link to "evidence" goes to ZetaTalk. Everything else is just the author throwing out claims with no support. Yet, despite this, you seem to believe it wholeheartedly. And those who argue against Nibiru are the sheeple?

I have Never Stated that I believed All of The Information on this web page Wholeheartedly or Donny's Research Wholeheartedly. I am Posting information for ATS readers to " Review " that may not " Know it All " like you seem to think that you do... If you don't like this information, or do not agree with it that's fine with me, move on to some information you agree with and believe in. Like I have stated before to others railing on me, I could care less what you think about me. I have been reviewing ALL of the information on this subject I find for several years now, and I'm just trying to share a little bit of the information I've come across with other readers here on ATS that might want to read it too.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
sigh.

It really is too bad that people who dwellve into this subject either have absolutely no understanding of astronomy, astrophysics, gravitational fields or orbital mechanics......

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join