It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us Brits always complain about the weather..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Major down pores, flooding, thunder, fork lightening, more alerts...just another summer in 'Once great Britain' haha.

Thank you BBC news for putting it video for us all here on ATS to enjoy reading or vidding if that's possible. Here comes the copy/past of the first sentence with a link to a mp4 clip.

A man has died, roads and rail lines have been blocked and thousands left without power as torrential rain flooded parts of the UK.

Two storms, which began in Wales, grew stronger with one heading across the Midlands, the other heading northwards to Newcastle and into Scotland.

The Environment Agency has 10 flood warnings and 47 alerts in place, mainly in the Midlands and northern England.

Both main rail lines between Scotland and England are blocked by landslides.

West Mercia Police say a man who died in flood water in Shropshire is believed to have been in his 60s.

A spokesman said his body was discovered in a stream in Bitterley near Ludlow just before midday following a search.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thank you for keeping us linked to the news there. I appreciate it. I'm very sorry to hear of the fatality and yet more disruption to lives and damage to property. The weather has been a vicious beast at various points around the globe. My thoughts and prayers and hopes of quick relief go out to those afflicted by this nasty weather.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

try woking in a shop
did that when i was younger
everyone talked about weather
.. i swear i could have broke a few of their necks hearing about it!! gargh!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Can you honestly blame people for moaning though? In my part of the country (SW Scotland), the average temperature for June has been 56 'F. Constant rain, gale force winds (some of the time anyway) and generally just "cold". We've never been blessed with great summers, but this "summer" has been awful (sans 10 days at the end of last month). So people aren't "moaning". We're just passing comment!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

I love Summer in the UK! It's my favorite day of the year haha

new topics

top topics

join