It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious and accurate take down of "reverse racism" silliness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

White people who are confronted with their white privilege and the white supremacist acts they perpetuate have been known to cry, “You’re being a reverse-racist!” That is completely true: people of color have the power and control to create, perpetuate, and maintain brutal systematic reverse-racism that oppresses white people every day. As such, we have created this handy list on how to continue this oppression.

How To Be A Reverse-Racist: An Actual Step by Step List For Oppressing White People

Absolutely hilarious, while at the same time extremely accurate. This is exactly what it would take for Black people, or any other "minority" group to be labeled as "reverse racists."

Don't kill the messenger, folks. And please don't miss the point and start calling me a "reverse racist."
I am White, by the way.
edit on 6/28/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

make them learn history and find out it was their own people who sold them into slavery opps i guess they would defeat the idea of this article.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Sold them into slavery to whom? Exactly.

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Please don't try to whitewash history or pass the buck.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Too bad most people here will accuse the writer of playing the "race card" and the discussion will devolve into the typical dead-end ATS conversation on race.

Then again, people have to be able to confront realities that make them uncomfortable. The reality here is that we have white people who think that they're being oppressed and thus, they use that race card mumbo-jumbo, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Actually the first legal slave owner in the US was an African American.
Anthony Johnson

Anthony Johnson was an Angolan African held as an indentured servant by a merchant in the Colony of Virginia in 1620, but later freed to become a successful tobacco farmer and owner. Notably, he was the first to hold a black African servant as a legal slave in the mainland American colonies.

People are people, and many are stupid regardless of their skin color.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wait a minute!!!!

Your telling me..... Africans build ships, so that they could travel to America ( and dump many of them into the sea while chained together is they became sick ) and sell their kin to other africans?

Thats news to me!!!!
I thought white people had something to do with it some how...

Go figure. We are talking about history here right??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm white and had nothing to do with slavery, except the white kind. Can you write about that?

America is not the world. Hating all white people because of what 1% of American's did is not justice.. it's pointless hatred.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Bow, this isn't about hating White people nor is it about blaming all White people for slavery. Did you even read the link?

Seriously, it's about people who try to claim "reverse racism" which is a complete false equivalence.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Im white and Ive never felt discriminated against by blacks personally. But are you saying no blacks are ever racist? I seriously doubt that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nope. Not what was said at all.

Man, does anyone on this thread have a sense of humor?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Nope. Not what was said at all.

Man, does anyone on this thread have a sense of humor?

I read the link and had a few chuckles, especially at the picture.

But the implication here is still that no such thing as racism toward whites exists.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't think that's supposed to be the implication at all. I think it's pointing out how some White people love to cry reverse racism (while almost always denying that racism itself exists) when what they are complaining about isn't "reverse racism" in the least bit. Then it points out in a very humorous way what would be necessary to exist for White people to truly experience full racism as, for instance, Black people experienced it for hundreds of years. It's basically trying to educate some White people to full the list of atrocities that Black people have experienced in the past few hundred years.

That's my take on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Reverse Racism exist, maybe not to the point of oppressing a different race, but the fact is Reverse Racism exist,

same could be said for Reverse Sexism etc

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

white,black,red, yellow no white man could have went over to africa and run fast enoff to catch any bush runner without help greed money storey of history, the words of KING CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? its dog eat dog and when a muslim obama tells me we can i say not if i dont want to.white, black,red,yellow were all slaves for gas.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Fair enough. Blacks have been more oppressed than whites, thats true. Lets hope that the oppressed dont one day take revenge and become the oppressors.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Yeah! If you want to talk about slavery, why don't you give our friends in the Middle East and North Africa an "honorable mention"? From 650 AD to 1900 AD it is estimated that they took over 18 million slaves from Africa, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, the United States, and many other countries.

Of the estimated 12 million slaves the came to the Americas, only 650,000 ended up in the United States, yet we are often considered the "bad guys" when it comes to slavery. I wonder how many of those that were descended from that 650,000 would be willing to accept a one way ticket back to the land of their "roots". I'll bet there wouldn't be very damn many! Instead of whining and crying about the past, they should be thankful those days are long gone.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 28-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Oh. "Only" 650,000. How silly of anyone to be upset about such a small number.
I'd love to see your source for these numbers, though.

And no one is denying the Arab slave trade of the Africans.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Hating all white people because of what 1% of American's did is not justice.. it's pointless hatred.

Actually, Technically, it's Racism.

Not "Reverse Racism" mind you... just Regular Racism.

Never forget... that you will *NEVER* be a human being to these people... you are merely "White"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All I know is I have been to many job interviews and have been told that "you're qualified and I'd love to hire you, but we were really looking for a black guy for this job. The EEOC has been on our butts lately and we need to shore up our numbers". I have heard that many more times than anyone ever should. To me it's racism and it's wrong and how dare they deny me a job because of the color of my skin?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Any type of racism is wrong.

People amaze me.

Trying to justify racism.

morons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join