It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans’ Ex-Spokesman Calls For Armed Rebellion Over Obamacare

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Republican healthcare plan=the poor should die.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

This may come as a shock to you, but from the moment a person is born, they are doomed to die. It matters not their financial status, sooner or later they will die.

Health care is in regards to healthy living, healthy diets, exercise, and finally medical attention. Insurance schemes are another beast entirely. Pretending an insurance scheme guarantees health is like pretending an insurance scheme guarantees life, or guarantees the prevention of automobile accidents, or fires burning down houses, or....

There is no evidence what-so-ever that the Affordable Health Care Act will improve a persons health.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Right.

Not having the insurance to get a physical will allow you to not be aware of the Cancer growing inside you, therefore it doesn't exist and you don't have to be a statistic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by detachedindividual

Good for your attitude...you can pay my taxes...I sure won't be. I refuse to support an unconstitutional mandate.

Good Luck...this administration is planning on wringing every red cent they can out of you....

Des

I live in the UK!

I'm HAPPY to pay taxes for national health services, you know why? Because without it we would be in the same position millions of Americans are in.

As for your precious constitution, where were you when Bush was ripping up every founding principle of American freedom and liberty? Where were you when Bush started the bailing out of corporate America with YOUR TAX $'s? Where were you when your government went into an illegal war after lying to you?

Man, I tell you, America is one messed up country. It seems to be so easy for so many Americans to pick and choose what they'll conveniently ignore about a specific government.

Those are some messed up morals when people will get so irate about paying a couple of $'s to help out their fellow Americans but stay silent when their government is digging a $17 trillion hole of debt that your own great, great grandchildren will be working in Chinese sweat shops to pay off.

I think a lot of Americans (seemingly hypocrite Republicans primarily) need to get their priorities in order and learn some basic mathematics.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Right.

Not having the insurance to get a physical will allow you to not be aware of the Cancer growing inside you, therefore it doesn't exist and you don't have to be a statistic.

Having insurance and seeing a doctor is no guarantee that you'll be aware of the cancer growing inside you until shortly before you become a statistic.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by spinalremain

Right.

Having insurance and seeing a doctor is no guarantee that you'll be aware of the cancer growing inside you until shortly before you become a statistic.

So why bother with health checks at all? With your logic the entire medical profession is therefore null and void, a pointless exercise. No one should be screened for anything, ever, because occasionally something might be missed?

Man, this gets more idiotic by the minute.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't support this healthcare law because of the mandate and I still don't support it now. Tsk tsk, if only conservatives let go of their stubborness and supported the public option, this would have worked out for all of us.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

These morons don't realize we shoot back.

Traitors. Arrest and try them as such.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Southern Nevada Health District:

Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada (VMSN) is a nonprofit, primarily volunteer staffed medical clinic that fosters a “culture of caring” by providing free health care and wellness services to the working uninsured and unemployed residents of Southern Nevada. The following services are provided: adult and pediatric primary care, preventive and acute care, woman’s care, well newborn checkups and immunizations, basic diagnostic tests, medications

Orange County Community Clinics:

Casa de Salud Health Center offers preventative care such as immunizations, physicals (school, sports, employment), breast and cervical cancer screenings, and laboratory exams excluding drug testing. Family medicine care including primary care, chronic disease management-diabetes, asthma, hypertension, acute non-emergent illness care, and low cost speciality referrals as needed is also provided. Mental health services is provided including individual, couple, parental, family, group counseling, relationship, role, illness and stress, and emotional, physical and sexual abuse counseling. Education regarding patient and family chronic illness management, sexually transmitted disease risk reduction, smoking and addiction referrals and advise, personal hygiene and nutrition, and free and low cost health insurance is also provided.

Life Care Alliance:

The Clinic also participates in the American Cancer Society's BEST (Breast Education, Screening and Treatment) program and the Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program of the Columbus Health Department. These programs offer free mammograms and follow-up care to women with limited or no insurance.

Free Clinic Directory:

Free Family Health Clinics

Coalition of Community Health Clinics

That is just the first page of a Google search results of about 3,490,000 results, sampling the nations free health clinics available to the poor and under insured, but hey, let's pretend they don't really exist so you can keep pretending your a righteous dude and justified in your preening smugness.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

This may come as a shock to you, but from the moment a person is born, they are doomed to die. It matters not their financial status, sooner or later they will die.

Health care is in regards to healthy living, healthy diets, exercise, and finally medical attention.

My old uncle has diabetes. He has been diagnosed since he was a teenager. Medical costs take a good part of his earnings and to make it worse, he is about to lose his job due to the company having financial problems. People like him are automatically blacklisted by healthcare companies. Those who are covered, see their premiums rise annually.

You say death is apart of life, this translates to me as in saying "tough luck to the unfortunate poor and children out there left in the dark". I don't find this excuse acceptable. There's a reason why we're the only developed country (aside from Turkey) without some form of universal healthcare. There's also a reason why our population is singled out globally for believing in creationism. American's are afraid of necessary change.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

With your logic the entire medical profession is therefore null and void, a pointless exercise.

Clearly the only thing you know about "logic" are the logical fallacies you rely upon, including the straw man you just made. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

So why bother with health checks at all? With your logic the entire medical profession is therefore null and void, a pointless exercise. No one should be screened for anything, ever, because occasionally something might be missed?

You may not be familiar with US health check ups. They do all to often turn out to be pointless exercises. I could give you example after example.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You say death is apart of life, this translates to me as in saying "tough luck to the unfortunate poor and children out there left in the dark".

Naturally, before you wrote this you were compelled to offer a really sad anecdotal story first. Why? It was an attempt to disguise your straw man argument above, that's why.

I say death is a part of life to clowns who generalize and say things like the other side wants the poor to die. You knew that, but ignored that so you could push your own agenda.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You say death is apart of life, this translates to me as in saying "tough luck to the unfortunate poor and children out there left in the dark".

Naturally, before you wrote this you were compelled to offer a really sad anecdotal story first. Why? It was an attempt to disguise your straw man argument above,

It's not a strawman argument, it's a perfect observation of your position. You don't care if a completely private healthcare system with no safety net costs more lifes, and is more a burden to the poor. You don't care if healthcare corporations continue to shut out folks with pre-existing conditions all for the sake of profit. It's just the way it outta be in your eyes. You just don't want to admit the dark side to your position.

Fortunately the majority of folks don't want to go back to 19th century, unlike yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You may not be familiar with US health check ups. They do all to often turn out to be pointless exercises. I could give you example after example.

Then by all means point them out to us. Nobody is stopping you so please enlighten us by pointing out a few of those examples.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's not a strawman argument, it's a perfect observation of your position.

It is a straw man and you keep making them. I care enough about health care for all to keep insisting that equating health insurance policies with health care is not health care. All you seem to care about is wealth redistribution and you'll drag out any sad story you can to sell something that can't be sold on its merits alone.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Actualy it is:

"Dont get sick! And if you do get sick, die quickly!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It is a straw man

No it's not.

You insist we should keep healthcare completely private because that's the way it outta be. You don't care about the consequences. That's it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Then by all means point them out to us. Nobody is stopping you so please enlighten us by pointing out a few of those examples.

Thanks.

Well, let's see. A cousin died from lung cancer shortly after the doctor pierced her lung during a biopsy and the cancer spread like wildfire. My son in law was sent home from the ER with a ruptured colon. My daughter was diagnosed with asthma when she really had pneumonia. A granddaughter was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when she really had/has Lyme disease. That's just off the top of my head. You need more?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No it's not.

Yes it is:

A straw man is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Like this straw man argument for example:

You insist we should keep healthcare completely private because that's the way it outta be. You don't care about the consequences. That's it.

I do care about the consequences, and since health care is no where near completely private and government has their tentacles firmly clenched around that industry, you could not even come close to demonstrating the consequences of a completely private health care industry.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join